Author Topic: Interesting techniques being taught  (Read 24803 times)

Offline 6739264

• Forum Captain
  • RETARD RETARD RETARD Need I say more?
    • View Profile
Re: Interesting techniques being taught
« Reply #25 on: September 23, 2010, 12:19:53 PM »
For my curiosity.... is the RCR kit in SES vehicles (eg Murray Bridge & Mt Gambier) and MFS retained stations able to do what is being discussed ?

Also, is the gear connectable to the CFS gear so equipment can be shared at a major incident (old issue identified between services from Granville Train Crash incident in 1977)

In this region our gear is not connectable to SES as they have gone ahead with the coupling changes, it is the same if we go into Victoria as they are all running the new coupling system in CFA and SES rescues....

It all depends on the local services in any area. There are places that have three adjacent brigades with different brand/pressure/couplings. Its a nightmare.

Mind you, you would hope that in a large scale incident, you wouldn't need to be connecting multiple sets of gear together, as each appliance with its Rescue gear should be an independent unit.
To think they employed me as a drooling retard...

Offline Big Yellow Gongbeater

• Forum Senior Firefighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 28, 2010, 04:24:46 PM »
Dead set no wonder some of you are volunteers and not paid to do the job, because you don't listen!

The verticle ramming was shown as a trial and you were privvy to providing input and to assess if its going to be a valid technique.

Tunneling is an advanced technique being reintroduced to experienced rescue operators as another method to work around new car technology

Yes Arthur is still stuck in Enerpak/Fag Lukas land and is only going to issue 1 ram (Give the man a Darwin award  :?)

Holmatro 3000 series cutters fitted with NCT blades are meant to be able to handle new technology materials (According to Holmatro)

Core Technology most likely won't be widely introduced to CFS due some issues with hoses overseas (one of them being not liking hot environments) and the inability to visually inspect the inner hose.

Streamline couplings have many advantages, even allowing a Lukas tool to run on a Holmatro pump and vice versa (Holmatro/Chubb are not particularly happy with this)

So maybe next time some of you should actually listen to what you are told, and not go off half cocked and making yourself look exceedingly stupid on the internet!
"Madness and chaos reign supreme. My work here is done"

misterteddy

« Reply #27 on: October 29, 2010, 06:26:55 AM »
So maybe next time some of you should actually listen to what you are told, and not go off half cocked and making yourself look exceedingly stupid on the internet!

as opposed to opening one's mouth and removing all doubt  :|

Offline bajdas

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 29, 2010, 12:49:29 PM »
Dead set no wonder some of you are volunteers and not paid to do the job, because you don't listen!

Without being to identify the author of majority of the postings on this forum, I always take them has personal opinions. Because I do not know who you are, what you do or your experience.

Everyone is entitled to their person opinions and the are NEVER STUPID for expressing them.
Andrew Macmichael
lives at Pt Noarlunga South.

My personal opinion only.

Offline Big Yellow Gongbeater

• Forum Senior Firefighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 30, 2010, 03:20:53 PM »

Everyone is entitled to their person opinions and the are NEVER STUPID for expressing them.
[/quote]

That would be true if many of the opinions proffered in these forums were not purported to be factual statements  :lol:
"Madness and chaos reign supreme. My work here is done"

Offline 6739264

• Forum Captain
  • RETARD RETARD RETARD Need I say more?
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: November 03, 2010, 10:51:19 PM »

That would be true if many of the opinions proffered in these forums were not purported to be factual statements  :lol:
[/quote]

Awww look at the cute little hypocrite! :D
To think they employed me as a drooling retard...

pumprescue

« Reply #31 on: November 04, 2010, 10:45:44 AM »
Must be a CFS staff member.....