Technical Discussion > ALL Rescue

'Heavy' Rescue

(1/16) > >>

2090:
With the old guidelines of having a distinction between 'Heavy Rescue' and 'Rescue' resources now gone, I was wondering if anyone here who has been around a while knew how many brigades were 'Heavy Rescue' qualified. I read an old Volunteer magazine that said something along the lines of "Virginia and Stirling have upgraded to Heavy Rescue, with some other brigades to follow". What other brigades ended up being 'Heavy Rescue'?

On TAS there appears to have also been an old 'Heavy Rescue' course. Did this differ from the current RCR course in some ways? Was there any differences between 'Heavy Rescue' and 'Rescue' resources, apart from the amount of equipment carried?

boss:
I am only going by what my old captain told my only that heavy rcr is for truck Rescue but it can be used for car Rescue as well

but i might not be wrong.  :-D

RescueHazmat:
Unless you *only* carry RIT equipment, I believe you would be classified as a heavy rescue, resource.

medevac:
mmm i dont think theres any real "heavy" rescue or not anymore, as in brigade/unit status... (of course there are differances in classes of equipment)

your either rescue or you aint.

2090:
Yes I know that 'Heavy Rescue' does not exist anymore, I was asking in reference to how it used to be. With the old version of the RCR Resource Directory, you could have the 1st/2nd and Heavy Rescue Response all being a different brigade. Now you just have two brigades for 1st/2nd rescue. As you said medevac, you're either a rescue resource, or you're not.

Im just tying to find out how it used to be, and thus is there are brigades out there that carry well above the current required rescue stowage due them previously being 'Heavy Rescue'.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version