Technical Discussion > ALL Rescue

'Heavy' Rescue

<< < (2/16) > >>

oz fire:
Once upon a time, not that long ago, there were two standards for equipming RCR response vehicles - light or standard rescue could be hand operated, with smaller tools and heavy rescue was hydraulic, with larger tools - i.e. with greater tool capability - power, pressure etc.

Now at last we see one recognised minimum standard for RCR kits - brigades or units can go beyond that but there is at least a minimum.

Interesting though - the standard does not specify the capacity of the equipment force - i.e. difference in hydraulic output, therfore preasure and strength which means different vehicles still caryy different equipment - reduces interoperability!

bittenyakka:
So in a current rescue what do you get? I assume that all rescue brigades don't get a full complement of rams and everything else.

2090:
From Medevac, in another thread, this is the minimum list from the RCR Resource Diectory:

-hydraulic power unit
-heavy cutters
-heavy spreaders (double acting)
-300mm ram
-600mm ram
-2x10m hydraulic hoses minimum
-pulling chains or belts for spreaders
-auxillary pump
-generator, lighting
-general hand tools
-hazard cones and lights
-cribbing blocks and wedges (stabilisation gear)

This is really nothing compared to what some brigades carry. Multiple rams, multiple sizes of cutters, multiple spreader arms/tips, Tirfors, multiple airbags plus heavy duty stabilisation/shoring equip.

bittenyakka:
what thread was that

So even though there no longer is direct heavy and light some brigades Stirling carry more equipement.

CFS_fire32:
FYI: Strathalbyn CFS now carries a Lucas Combitool on its 24P as well as a full Rapid Intervention kit to back up Strath SES heavy rescue.
The combitool replaces their 20+ year old set of FAG Lucas rescue gear.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version