Author Topic: Branch  (Read 13185 times)

Offline 5271rescue

• Forum Group Officer
    • View Profile
Re: Branch
« Reply #25 on: November 04, 2006, 11:16:35 AM »
Cam,they have parts inside that need to be replaced and with the hard water here in SA they should be done ever  couple of years.
blinky bill
my view only

Offline Camo

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • Compton CFS Website
« Reply #26 on: November 04, 2006, 03:04:04 PM »
Will have to check up on that and see if they do get serviced.  If not better get it organised.
Compton CFS Website
http://www.compton.sacfs.org

Offline Ryan

• Forum Senior Firefighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 04, 2006, 06:48:21 PM »
We service our own, tighten check for leaks put in new O rings etc.

Offline Big Yellow Gongbeater

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 04, 2006, 08:24:37 PM »
  Well let me try and respond without upsetting everyone.
Tillerman is correct, taking handles off is just someone's opinion being forced upon everyone, have a look at the movie files on the Akron website and you'll see why they have the handle.
  The guy from Greenhill moved to Qld.
And yes they should be serviced, there are two types of service. A field service kit is available for the Akron ($80 approx) and a major service kit (should be done by a tech).
  Oh and for the record, the No1 selling branch in SA....TB25, how is that you may ask? Well contrary to previous statements, they are in fact easier to use, service and maintain, and also contrary to many peoples thoughts, there are more than two fire services in SA.  The industrial fire sector is huge, think mines, gas plants, aviation etc and the amounts of equipment they require for people of different levels of training is huge. Hence the reason they go for the TB25 for all their basic fire needs, only their firies get the more tricked up gear.

Have I offended anyone? Maybe i'm not trying hard enough :-)
"Madness and chaos reign supreme. My work here is done"

Offline 5271rescue

• Forum Group Officer
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 05, 2006, 06:22:30 AM »
no you have not offended anyone rather pointed out a few facts no problem there,shame that guy moved to QLD as he was cheap and did a great job.there is nothing wrong with TB25 loads still out there in the private and public sector.
blinky bill
my view only

Offline bittenyakka

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: November 05, 2006, 07:24:46 AM »
The extra length in the TB25 makes it good for holding on 64mm hose. But for any tight bendy work im not so sure.

Offline Big Yellow Gongbeater

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 08, 2006, 08:54:05 PM »
TB25's are popular for a reason, that is user friendliness for lower skill people.  Weapon of choice for skilled firies would still be Akron 1720.  Others do the job but fall to bits earlier (hence cheaper), Harder to service, or the ability to service, Rob user of water in order to operate etc...shall I go on...Akron for this little black duck, cost is nothing when its my life behind it.  And yes what are brigades (supposedly skilled firefighters) doing with smooth bore branches and TB25's still on their appliances anyway, someone should be shot!   8-)
"Madness and chaos reign supreme. My work here is done"

Offline SA Firey

• Forum Group Officer
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 15, 2006, 08:23:19 AM »
TB25's are popular for a reason, that is user friendliness for lower skill people.  Weapon of choice for skilled firies would still be Akron 1720.  Others do the job but fall to bits earlier (hence cheaper), Harder to service, or the ability to service, Rob user of water in order to operate etc...shall I go on...Akron for this little black duck, cost is nothing when its my life behind it.  And yes what are brigades (supposedly skilled firefighters) doing with smooth bore branches and TB25's still on their appliances anyway, someone should be shot!   8-)

But gongy CFS build appliances to a budget..TB25's were the BEST remember...but we saw the light and changed as soon as we got them :-D
Images are copyright

anything