Author Topic: Awesome new hypothetical  (Read 30822 times)

Offline Big Yellow Gongbeater

• Forum Senior Firefighter
    • View Profile
Re: Awesome new hypothetical
« Reply #50 on: November 08, 2006, 08:49:11 PM »
MMMMM good to see healthy debate,
  Almost a couple of gongbeating post's already, read the top, no talk of Scania's, Sky Jets etc.....that constitutes gongbeating.
  For the record, the one part of the Aust Road Rules that still applies is everyone must have a seatbelt, there are also COSO's that deal with wearing them (eventhough we are exempt when going to a call P1) So therefore how many appliances have a 7 person capability? Count the available seatbelts peeps. Don't think for one minute that SAPOL will not investigate or attempt to prosecute you (being the driver, NOT THE OIC) for any breach's of the Road Rules there are several CFS drivers who have been involved in MVA's who have either been investigated and or threatened with prosecution for this to not be serious!
"Madness and chaos reign supreme. My work here is done"

Offline Alan (Big Al)

• Forum Captain
  • CRUMPETS
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 08, 2006, 09:23:25 PM »
Our 24P has 3 seatbelts in the front and 4 in the back seat. Mind you where all the siren stuff is you cant really seat someone in the dicky seat.

Maybe your population/industrila coverage in your Primary and immediate secondary area should determine what appliance you get and the stowage. and same for rural. Instead of some brigades getting equipment or appliance's they don't need because they "know" someone???
Lt. Goolwa CFS

Offline 5271rescue

• Forum Group Officer
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 09, 2006, 05:27:12 AM »
Its time that brigades where more involved in what their area needed and after doing a tour I have to agree that a 24p is just no good for a large urban area like GOOLWA or PORT ELLIOT time for change and I know there is a review taking place of all SFEC for all brigades...
blinky bill
my view only

Offline Chirp / Vibrate

• Forum Firefighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 09, 2006, 11:39:46 AM »
Simple, you ALWAYS ensure you have a FIRE & RESCUE appliance mobile, whether it be from one brigade or two...

Offline standpipe

• Forum Firefighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 09, 2006, 12:50:33 PM »
attempt to prosecute you (being the driver, NOT THE OIC) for any breach's of the Road Rules there are several CFS drivers who have been involved in MVA's who have either been investigated and or threatened with prosecution for this to not be serious!
How can the driver be prosecuted when the offence is committed by the person not wearing the seatbelt, if they are over 16 years of age ?........... :? :?
find 'em hot leave 'em wet !

Offline Mike

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 09, 2006, 01:04:39 PM »
Easy... its the responsability of the driver to ensure everyone is seated correctly.

Offline 5271rescue

• Forum Group Officer
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 09, 2006, 02:11:56 PM »
little hard if your pack up brigade is 20 or 30 mins away....
blinky bill
my view only

Offline Chirp / Vibrate

• Forum Firefighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 09, 2006, 02:22:37 PM »
little hard if your pack up brigade is 20 or 30 mins away....

Get em on the Rd, rather be 30 minutes away than 50 by the time you get there and them call them because you need assistance.

Offline Camo

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • Compton CFS Website
« Reply #58 on: November 09, 2006, 02:48:33 PM »
MMMMM good to see healthy debate,
  Almost a couple of gongbeating post's already, read the top, no talk of Scania's, Sky Jets etc.....that constitutes gongbeating.
  For the record, the one part of the Aust Road Rules that still applies is everyone must have a seatbelt, there are also COSO's that deal with wearing them (eventhough we are exempt when going to a call P1) So therefore how many appliances have a 7 person capability? Count the available seatbelts peeps. Don't think for one minute that SAPOL will not investigate or attempt to prosecute you (being the driver, NOT THE OIC) for any breach's of the Road Rules there are several CFS drivers who have been involved in MVA's who have either been investigated and or threatened with prosecution for this to not be serious!

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Compton CFS Website
http://www.compton.sacfs.org

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 11, 2006, 07:03:44 PM »
Instead of some brigades getting equipment or appliance's they don't need because they "know" someone???
  That's the biggest cop out and bunch of bollocks I've ever heard!  All appliances are allocated according to local risks.  It comes down to some brigades thinking they've got higher risks than they actually have, and other brigade's not realizing the risks they truly have.  People need to understand the "good ole'" days of brigades designing and purchasing their appliances and equipment are over.  The SACFS has moved on from 99% of the state having Chevy Blitz's while the other 1%(with sufficient finances) have Top of the range appliances that are actually not matched with their local risks.
  And further to this my opinion (and after all it is only my opinion) says that such a statement is an affront to the work of Arthur,Sandy and Phil.  What most of the ignorant people don't know, is that Arthur and Phil (Sandy i'm not sure of) are VOLLIES and were VOLLIES well long before they gained employment with the organisation. And no they weren't vollies in a 5 call out a year brigade, they've got extensive experience in an urban fringe brigade that also has huge rural risks.  :evil:
  So now i'm off my soapbox, back to the thread, oh and Camo you feeling busted? Yep very close to Gongbeating

Offline Camo

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • Compton CFS Website
« Reply #60 on: November 11, 2006, 07:43:34 PM »
Instead of some brigades getting equipment or appliance's they don't need because they "know" someone???
  That's the biggest cop out and bunch of bollocks I've ever heard!  All appliances are allocated according to local risks.  It comes down to some brigades thinking they've got higher risks than they actually have, and other brigade's not realizing the risks they truly have.  People need to understand the "good ole'" days of brigades designing and purchasing their appliances and equipment are over.  The SACFS has moved on from 99% of the state having Chevy Blitz's while the other 1%(with sufficient finances) have Top of the range appliances that are actually not matched with their local risks.
  And further to this my opinion (and after all it is only my opinion) says that such a statement is an affront to the work of Arthur,Sandy and Phil.  What most of the ignorant people don't know, is that Arthur and Phil (Sandy i'm not sure of) are VOLLIES and were VOLLIES well long before they gained employment with the organisation. And no they weren't vollies in a 5 call out a year brigade, they've got extensive experience in an urban fringe brigade that also has huge rural risks.  :evil:
  So now i'm off my soapbox, back to the thread, oh and Camo you feeling busted? Yep very close to Gongbeating

Bang that Gong Baby!
Compton CFS Website
http://www.compton.sacfs.org

Offline 2090

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 12, 2006, 01:31:52 AM »
And no they weren't vollies in a 5 call out a year brigade, they've got extensive experience in an urban fringe brigade that also has huge rural risks.  :evil:

Pity they didn't learn anything from that 'extensive experience' otherwise we'd have decent urban capabilities.  :wink:

Offline Crankster 34

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 12, 2006, 08:55:44 AM »
And further to this my opinion (and after all it is only my opinion) says that such a statement is an affront to the work of Arthur,Sandy and Phil.  What most of the ignorant people don't know, is that Arthur and Phil (Sandy i'm not sure of) are VOLLIES and were VOLLIES well long before they gained employment with the organisation. And no they weren't vollies in a 5 call out a year brigade, they've got extensive experience in an urban fringe brigade that also has huge rural risks.

That's fine Gongbeater, but the CFS Tech Services guys don't allocate the appliances, Region do. Yeah the trucks we are getting now are good, some are excellent, but they only build what the Regions predict they will need. 
Crankster on scene, you can take a stop...

Offline Firey9119

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 12, 2006, 11:26:40 AM »
some thing like this would be good for a perpose built rescue
Heavy Rescue - 3300
Cab Chassis:   Isuzu FTR 800 Crew Cab 4 x 2
Engine:    Isuzu 6 cylinder direct injection diesel - 200kW
Transmission:    Allison world Series 2000 automatic transmission
GOM/GVM:    10000 KG / 14150 KG
Body:    Steel frame and clad with zinc anneal sheet. Electric operated lift up rear door. Aluiminium roller shutter doors
Miscellaneous:    Steel frame and clad with zinc anneal sheet. Electric operated lift up rear door. Aluiminium roller shutter doors
Phillip H
Salisbury CFS (Para Group)
FireFighter
(Firey9119)

Offline 5271rescue

• Forum Group Officer
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 12, 2006, 11:42:22 AM »
The new rescue for geelong CFA does not look bad at all...
blinky bill
my view only

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 12, 2006, 08:36:38 PM »
And no they weren't vollies in a 5 call out a year brigade, they've got extensive experience in an urban fringe brigade that also has huge rural risks.  :evil:

Pity they didn't learn anything from that 'extensive experience' otherwise we'd have decent urban capabilities.  :wink:
Ahh your cynacism is noted, but I do believe that the vast majority of urban fringe brigades are more than happy with the appliances allocated to them. Do I detect that you wish to pursure a discussion along the lines of changing BRT's to BWT's?  Won't happen coz the rules were laid out and simple, and heavens forbid you may be labelled as a gongbeater   :lol:

Offline 2090

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 12, 2006, 11:29:59 PM »

Ahh your cynacism is noted, but I do believe that the vast majority of urban fringe brigades are more than happy with the appliances allocated to them. Do I detect that you wish to pursure a discussion along the lines of changing BRT's to BWT's?  Won't happen coz the rules were laid out and simple, and heavens forbid you may be labelled as a gongbeater   :lol:

You what? All I want is decent appliances designed for SA conditions, not suburban NSW areas. We have different needs that have not been filled. Don't get me started on the stowage on the appliances...

Offline SA Firey

• Forum Group Officer
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 13, 2006, 06:00:42 AM »
CFS were supposed to standardise appliances when the first Hino's came out back in the early nineties,and all stowgae was to be the same,but it didnt take long for the standard to go out the window did it.Stowage is different on almost every appliance ive come across.

Ideally appliances should be twin cab chassis,TURBO,3000 litres,suitable locker space,and not exceed the weight when you put your stowage on it :lol:

Type 2 will do though :-D
Images are copyright

Offline 24P

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 13, 2006, 07:49:37 AM »

Ahh your cynacism is noted, but I do believe that the vast majority of urban fringe brigades are more than happy with the appliances allocated to them.
[/quote]
^^ You think  :?
Don't look back. Something might be gaining on you.

Offline fire03rescue

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 13, 2006, 08:39:47 AM »
I think you will find only a few are happy in the Urban fringe areas, some brigades are not happy, but in the end it is better than something old I guess.

Offline TillerMan

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 13, 2006, 08:48:46 AM »
I can assure you that most of the urban fringe brigades are not happy with their supposed "urban" appliances. How could brigades like Belair and Happy Valley be happy with their downgrades.

For info Sandy is a member of Willunga and was previously captain.

As for Arthur he told us we couldn't have a stokes litter because we just used it to carry equipment in because we were slack and in all his years in Tea Tree Gully he never used a stokes, so theres his extensive experiance shining through.

Offline 5271rescue

• Forum Group Officer
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 13, 2006, 03:18:58 PM »
Just because one brigade does not use a stokes litter does not mean another brigade can't have one,we have one and its been used alot so just because one person view that his brigade does not use it does not mean the rest of us are doing the same thing..
blinky bill
my view only

Offline Scania_1

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: November 13, 2006, 04:44:24 PM »
Life revolves around who you know not what you know , most CFS people should know that by now. Have a look at the CFS promotions website and look at what appliances some brigades have and look at their risks. Some are definitely better off than others, far better off. But thats life and you dont always get what you want. So its no use crying too much about it.

Offline SA Firey

• Forum Group Officer
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: November 28, 2006, 08:53:13 AM »
So what happens if you take your rescue appliance (no pump) to a job and you only have 4 or 5 ff go to the call with 1 driver and you get to the job any you need fire protection or worse the car is on fire  :?
I think it is better to have a multipurpose fire appliance.

Why do you think MFS built pump/rescue appliances....multipurpose :-D
Images are copyright