Author Topic: Dedicated Rescue Appliances  (Read 26234 times)

Offline TillerMan

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: Dedicated Rescue Appliances
« Reply #25 on: November 08, 2006, 10:20:30 AM »
yes Blckwood rescue is also a medium pumper with water and a pump and BA. The type 2's make an alright pump/rescue but it would help if cfs ordered the PUMP/RESCUE model which has a few extra bits like the front tool locker goes straight through for a stokes etc.

For info all Mfs 9's are medium rescues the same as most CFS rescue brigades. Plus they carry hazmat gear and now some USAR stuff.

I think almost all the dedicated resues will disappear, from that list only a few will remain.

Aldinga will stay
Blackwoods is a pump/rescue
Dublin are getting a 34p
Kadina i think are getting a 34p
Loby is SES
Stirling will be using their pumper
Waikerie ? will go eventually i assume
Yank is ses

Blinky what if your rescue is at a hazmat 3 hours away?

Pump/rescues are proven CFS just need to come up with a better truck for some brigades with above minimum rescue gear.

Offline fire03rescue

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 08, 2006, 10:25:07 AM »
What other extra bits does the type 2's have ?

Offline medevac

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 08, 2006, 10:33:06 AM »
Aldinga will stay
Blackwoods is a pump/rescue
Dublin are getting a 34p
Kadina i think are getting a 34p
Loby is SES
Stirling will be using their pumper
Waikerie ? will go eventually i assume
Yank is ses

Blinky what if your rescue is at a hazmat 3 hours away?

yank rescue is a CFS appliance

re; naracoorte - i think we hammered that for a while ages ago... and came to the conclusion that for any prolonged incident outside of naracoorte they actually take the RCR gear off of the rescue truck and leave it on there 24...

not necessarily the best, but seemed to eb the only op[tion

Offline bittenyakka

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 08, 2006, 11:56:57 AM »
You can either specalise or comprimise. Of course if you specalise then it will cost more money.

Offline 2090

• Forum Senior Firefighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 08, 2006, 01:08:59 PM »
It really depends on what brigades are in your surrounding area. If you are the only brigade for a long while then a dedicated rescue truc soundes reasonable because it can cut the people out then leave the fire cover appliance to clean up. Bt if you are a brigade that has a lot of close brigades say Stirling they could use a rescue pumper because there are resources that can fill the gap.

plus brigades with Pumper rescues should be careful not to tie them up at fires that dont require rescue gear.
The only problem with saying "Oh throw it all on a pumper" is that a few RCR brigades, including Stirling, have a huge amount of gear, well beyond the prescribed minimum, that they carry - all of which has been used at a job. Trying to fit all of it onto an applance that is meant to also double as a primary pumping appliance, or god forbid, a 34P is just silly.

Offline 5271rescue

• Forum Group Officer
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: November 08, 2006, 02:31:27 PM »
We have a number of things we can do if our hazmat/rescue unit is needed at a prolong job. firstly if its a hazmat in other group area within the region we send a command car with members and what ever they need.As was the case at the job at tintinara last year. If its a rescue we tend to take the whole applinces with its gear as we will more than likely use our gear at a job and have done so before as we do carry alot more RCR gear than most others in the region. Its a hard call and for a number of years we have been asking for a second set of RCR gear for our pumper so as to cover our area when rescue is out of town....
blinky bill
my view only

Offline Camo

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • Compton CFS Website
« Reply #31 on: November 08, 2006, 02:33:57 PM »
We have a number of things we can do if our hazmat/rescue unit is needed at a prolong job. firstly if its a hazmat in other group area within the region we send a command car with members and what ever they need.As was the case at the job at tintinara last year. If its a rescue we tend to take the whole applinces with its gear as we will more than likely use our gear at a job and have done so before as we do carry alot more RCR gear than most others in the region. Its a hard call and for a number of years we have been asking for a second set of RCR gear for our pumper so as to cover our area when rescue is out of town....

And being so far from backup rescue (40mins from Penola) i dont see why you should recieve a second set.  Even if its a just a Combi Tool.  Anything is better then nothing.

Although you need to get your pumper back first  :wink:
Compton CFS Website
http://www.compton.sacfs.org

Offline 2090

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 08, 2006, 02:42:32 PM »
Thats insane that you don't have at the minimum an omni-tool and the bascis on your pumper. Why do you keep getting knocked back?

Offline TillerMan

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 08, 2006, 02:54:03 PM »
I believe the rescue version of the type 2 also has a set up ready for rescue gear in the big drivers side locker might not fit our gear but would be easily adapted i assume.

Also you will find most large rescue brigades have pushed for a combi-tool on their second appliance but have been knocked back.

Offline 2090

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 08, 2006, 02:57:25 PM »
Thats really odd. What reason do they give for knocking you back?

Offline TillerMan

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 08, 2006, 02:59:19 PM »
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Offline 2090

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 08, 2006, 03:09:28 PM »
Ah. Should have known. Im surprised the CFS seem so dead against decent thing like Omni Tools on pumpers.

Offline Pipster

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 08, 2006, 03:14:47 PM »
But if the choice is pay for a second set of rescue gear (in some form or another) or supply an appliance to a brigade that will actually start, and get the brigade to a call...which one is CFS going to pick...?

It is unfortunate, but just like other Government Departments, we only have a certain amount of money in our budget, and have to make the best use of what we get.....

Pip
There are three types of people in the world.  Those that watch things happen, those who make things happen, and those who wonder what happened.

Offline TillerMan

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 08, 2006, 03:20:30 PM »
Your right there are brigades out there who should be rescue full stop that aren't so we should fix that first.

Big rescue brigades that do alot of jobs should have RIV though such as Barker. Look how many jobs they do that the rescue would go to.

Vehicle Accident / No Injury        20 
Vehicle Accident Rescue             39
Vehicle Accident With Injuries      37

Offline 2090

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 08, 2006, 03:21:56 PM »
Yes, but when the money is being spend of stupid "SAFETY FIRST, COME HOME SAFE" pins, for every volly, then the question must be asked.

Offline Ryan

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 08, 2006, 03:36:55 PM »
Yes, but when the money is being spend of stupid "SAFETY FIRST, COME HOME SAFE" pins, for every volly, then the question must be asked.

Only for those who have done burn over drill :wink:

Maybe refurbished appliances should become rescue units so then you can fit 6 people on them.  Just take off the pump and maybe the tank and put on bigger lockers.

Offline TillerMan

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 08, 2006, 03:57:24 PM »
5271Rescue where is your pumper at the moment, do you have a replacment?

Offline Alan (Big Al)

• Forum Captain
  • CRUMPETS
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 08, 2006, 04:19:54 PM »
Yank SES only have a 4wd and a tinnie and only do basically what a Non USAR unit do in town, and why Kadina should/is getting a 34P when they have a 2000 24P and new 34 i don't know??, their RCR on 24P Hazmat on 34 heaps of other brigades are doing that???.
Lt. Goolwa CFS

Offline TillerMan

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 08, 2006, 04:30:12 PM »
Sorry swap the word Kadina with Waikerie

Offline Alan (Big Al)

• Forum Captain
  • CRUMPETS
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 08, 2006, 04:33:01 PM »
Fair nuff then.
Lt. Goolwa CFS

Offline 5271rescue

• Forum Group Officer
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: November 08, 2006, 04:54:15 PM »
our pumper is sitting up at moore's with rust in it,we have the region 24 for rural jobs and using our 34 for urban jobs,not sure but I did hear we may be getting the olf belair pumper once its fixed as moores cant look at our pumper till after xmas/new years....
blinky bill
my view only

Offline 24P

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 08, 2006, 07:13:24 PM »
Wasnt the old Belair pumper knackered as well, or was it fixable? You might not want the other one back if it goes ok  :-D
Don't look back. Something might be gaining on you.

probie_boy

« Reply #47 on: November 09, 2006, 08:53:47 PM »
Wasnt the old Belair pumper knackered as well, or was it fixable? You might not want the other one back if it goes ok  :-D

i think belair was alright. it was eden pumper that was not in a gd way up at moores. shame, it was such a tank of a truck.

Offline medevac

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 09, 2006, 09:09:17 PM »
i was under the impression that belair pumper was recently taken offline due to tank faults, whilst on duty at murray bridge

Offline TillerMan

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 10, 2006, 09:51:29 AM »
I think it's about time you guys just pushed that pumper off a cliff blinky, i remember being at SAMFS engineering last time they fixed the rust.

anything