Author Topic: Task Force Complaints  (Read 39944 times)

Offline JC

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: Task Force Complaints
« Reply #100 on: January 18, 2007, 07:42:47 PM »
We did call up, we did ask for food, and to be relieved, and everytime we called, we got told it was on its way, be there soon. 10 hrs of this is not fun. i know that the IMT team has a hard job, and i dont blame the people in the IMT at all i believe its the IMT plan it self. It seems to unsuitable for large distance jobs like Ngarkat where we had a fire perimeter of 300kms.
Roxby Downs CFS
Lt 2
BHP ESO

Offline CaptCom

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: January 19, 2007, 08:00:13 AM »
Yep and that can happen too...when I am in IMT, I always try to make sure that the troops are busy and have food...the food can be difficult at times, we've had local food outlets tell us that it will be ready in 30 mins and send someone to collect and distribute....1.5hrs later it's ready...

The IMT system we use is an Australasian International Incident Management System...not one we have made up...no system would be perfect...especially when there is the human factor..  :evil:

Offline CaptCom

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: January 19, 2007, 08:02:28 AM »
correction, Interagency not International...so we also have to try to integrate our plans with other agencies...now THAT makes it all much more difficult...have you ever tried to get another agency to deliver food?  :evil:

Offline SA Firey

• Forum Group Officer
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: January 20, 2007, 11:28:31 AM »
Remember when the ladies auxillary used to make food for incidents ah those were the days used to get it pretty fast too. :-D

Now the Salvo's have a nice Hino mobile kitchen cost a small fortune and is fitted with a GRN radio as well...but the problem seems to be getting the meals from them to us on the fireground.....why is it so

Another problem is getting a vehicle for the sector commanders to get around in not practical to use the appliance as its a wasted resource then.
Images are copyright

Offline backburn

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: January 20, 2007, 02:29:27 PM »
I heard that at the riverland fires in december that some got prawns for tea while the others got pizza? sounds good to me

Offline Camo

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • Compton CFS Website
« Reply #105 on: January 20, 2007, 03:03:29 PM »
seafood is a iffy subject.  Alot of people dont eat it.  But as long as they provide an alternative
Compton CFS Website
http://www.compton.sacfs.org

Offline Pipster

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: January 20, 2007, 03:17:50 PM »
And for people with food allergies, seafood (and particularly shellfish) is often a problem......

So, gotta be a bit careful....

Pip

There are three types of people in the world.  Those that watch things happen, those who make things happen, and those who wonder what happened.

Offline backburn

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: January 21, 2007, 12:27:46 PM »
Was told that there was a couple of people  out there who could not eat most foods only chicken or fish so they put on the spread.

probie_boy

« Reply #108 on: January 21, 2007, 06:55:51 PM »
the fussy ones had cans of spam thrown at them  :lol:

Offline Alan J

• Forum Lieutenant
  • Certified Flamin' Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: January 21, 2007, 10:57:23 PM »
But you guys had a good cricket game and was a bit of fun.
Poor planing on the night, I hate it when you have been at work all day then go out at night to do nothing. For the safety of crews you should be released about midnight being up for 24 hours is dangerous

36 hrs by the time work all day, fire all night, work all day.
And only 4 hrs sleep the night before after initial response.
Lacking in bonhomie & good cheer by then.... the only good
greenie/manager/customer/wife/IMT/etc is a dead one...  :-D
(I catch a bus to work so road safety is someone else's problem.)

Alan J.
Cherry Gdns CFS

Data isn't information.  Information isn't knowledge. 
Knowledge isn't wisdom.

Offline bajdas

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: January 22, 2007, 01:29:45 PM »
.....Another problem is getting a vehicle for the sector commanders to get around in not practical to use the appliance as its a wasted resource then.

Then callout an SES 4wd vehicle with a driver. The sector commander then has a chauffeur. He or she can utilise CFS handheld GRN & VHF radios.

If the person wants a radio scribe to record messages, then an extra SES crew member can be dispatched.

Just a thought to 'think outside of the normal square' to resolve a problem.
Andrew Macmichael
lives at Pt Noarlunga South.

My personal opinion only.

Offline SA Firey

• Forum Group Officer
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: January 22, 2007, 08:34:42 PM »
AIIMS actually stands for Australian Interservice Incident Management System :-D
Images are copyright

probie_boy

« Reply #112 on: January 24, 2007, 06:51:25 PM »
.....Another problem is getting a vehicle for the sector commanders to get around in not practical to use the appliance as its a wasted resource then.

Then callout an SES 4wd vehicle with a driver. The sector commander then has a chauffeur. He or she can utilise CFS handheld GRN & VHF radios.

If the person wants a radio scribe to record messages, then an extra SES crew member can be dispatched.

Thats a really good idea. I reckon that should be done more often. If its only driving, then sure.

Offline Darius

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: January 25, 2007, 11:02:49 AM »

Thats a really good idea. I reckon that should be done more often. If its only driving, then sure.

Another use is as a good way to get food delivered to the fireground, since apparently Adelaide Hills SES have people who have done BFF1 specifically so they can go on the fireground.

anything