Author Topic: IMT  (Read 2511 times)

Offline 5271rescue

• Forum Group Officer
    • View Profile
IMT
« on: December 10, 2006, 05:25:57 AM »
Nice to see thtat at last H/Q is calling members who have done the AIIMS course to come and help at fire's around the state,I along with one of our DGO"S was called the other night to go to region 3 to the riverland. But I could not go as we are short of crews here at the moment but I did say I would go any other time... So what do people think of our current IMT set up and how it works,I really like how when there is say 4 or 5 brigades at a job with in region 1 that they page for IMT very early and it does work well...
blinky bill
my view only

Offline SA Firey

• Forum Group Officer
    • View Profile
Re: IMT
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2006, 08:23:16 AM »
There is some very poor planning going on as strike teams are sitting around for hours doing nothing,not being fed or being completely forgotten about.

If you want the support of additional crews you have to support them :x
Images are copyright

Offline CaptCom

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: IMT
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2006, 07:38:59 AM »
I think that this season is extraordinary in that so many incidents have been so large that it has consumed so many resources, making it hard to manage.

Not that I'm excusing poor planning but maybe it's a reason that this has happened.

It's much harder to find experienced IMT personnel than firies...and the experienced ones get flogged early and it leaves the less experienced ones to manage when the strike teams come in..

As long as everyone takes it all into account...they might be on the causing end one day..  :-D