Technical Discussion > Hypotheticals

Myer

(1/6) > >>

bittenyakka:
I am going out on a limb but there is a reason this is the hypothetical section

On the 23rd of December as 14:00 a fire is reported in the white goods department of the Myer store. initial reports are coming from fixed alarms and people on lower floors seeing smoke come across the void space in the center of the store.

For those who haven't spent the extreme amounts of time in Myers that I have the store has 6 floors including the ground floor and each floor 1-5 has a void space that enables  you so see all the way down to the ground floor. Other than that each floor is essentiall open level space.

For the sake of this hypothetical the fire has some form of accelerant and is burning quite intensely. Essentially I am asking how you fight a well involved fire in such an open indoor environment. Both with and WITHOUT sprinklers.

5271rescue:
wont have to worry about it the MFS will take care of it.....well if its fully involved would go to a 9th alarm crews would connect to both the sprinkler and hydrant boosters(lots of hose work) direct attack would be the best tactic as long as its save to do so the biggest problem you will face is the people trying to get out and those trying to get in looking for loved ones. the will have spread but the sprinkler system should hold it till crews are able to get in and get to work.

Ryan:
Send in a mixture of crews to combat the fire and assist in getting people out, search for those trapped which could be yonug kids hiding, seperated in the mayhem, old people trying to get out disorientated.  from memeory the whitegoods is near a window so if possible get bronto aiming in.  Have crews in venting to let heat escape and smoke get out.   

SA Firey:

--- Quote from: 5271rescue on December 14, 2006, 07:10:32 PM ---wont have to worry about it the MFS will take care of it.....well if its fully involved would go to a 9th alarm crews would connect to both the sprinkler and hydrant boosters(lots of hose work) direct attack would be the best tactic as long as its save to do so the biggest problem you will face is the people trying to get out and those trying to get in looking for loved ones. the will have spread but the sprinkler system should hold it till crews are able to get in and get to work.

--- End quote ---

MFS will take care of it will they? They had four second alarm jobs the other day, leaving them very short and guess who filled the void for them at their stations....CFS :wink:

So if it went 9th alarm, grab your PBI fellas and head on down to the city as well.Use your CFB techniques well, and you will save many lives :-D

fire03rescue:
I think by the time the CFS was in the city, anyone inside would be toast !

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version