Author Topic: New Burnside Pumper  (Read 189318 times)

Offline CFS_Firey

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: New Burnside Pumper
« Reply #375 on: March 08, 2009, 10:50:09 PM »
I did hear that it cost $450K for the pumper would that be right???/

That'd still be cheaper than Stirling's pumper...

Darren

« Reply #376 on: March 09, 2009, 08:52:06 AM »
Only because Stirling's pumper has been rebuilt so many times and still not right, if only they hadn't tried to scrimp and save in the initial build...oh well

Offline Mike

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: March 09, 2009, 11:12:29 AM »
1 topic as requested

Offline firey666

• Forum Firefighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: March 09, 2009, 11:31:19 AM »
Guys once again, good on the Burnside crew, If they are able to knock back a type 2 and then plan what they want and then order the vechile. Why not.
I know next time i'm in town i will be talking with Stef and going on down for a guided tour.

We unfortunately have a type 2, Few issues with it. But the key here did not have a say.

Once again burnside Well done.

Regards Stan

Offline big bronto

• Forum Senior Firefighter
    • View Profile
Re: Burnside Pumper
« Reply #379 on: March 09, 2009, 05:04:13 PM »
I don;t think you have to worry to much numbers.

a) brigades like Burnside who can justify what they are getting. Due to a large population base and hence development have a hard enough time getting the money form their fund raising. so a brigade that does thirty calls probably wont have the ability to raise the money.

Let me know if i am wrong but doesn't burnside only have a very very small number of streets with houses on them actually in their primary area. Remember what you do with MFS does not and should not contribute to your appliance allocation. If they need an appliance of this sort in Burnside why did MFS not extend their boundary a few streets.

rescue5271

« Reply #380 on: March 10, 2009, 07:00:27 AM »
I think its great that Burnside have what they wanted in the way of a URBAN pumper it now opens the doors for alot more brigade's to get up and fight for what they want for their community.Sure a type 2 pumper would have done the job and this was offered to the brigade but they said NO and used some of their own money towards the cost of the pumper.....

Darren

Re: Burnside Pumper
« Reply #381 on: March 10, 2009, 07:39:45 AM »
I don;t think you have to worry to much numbers.

a) brigades like Burnside who can justify what they are getting. Due to a large population base and hence development have a hard enough time getting the money form their fund raising. so a brigade that does thirty calls probably wont have the ability to raise the money.

Let me know if i am wrong but doesn't burnside only have a very very small number of streets with houses on them actually in their primary area. Remember what you do with MFS does not and should not contribute to your appliance allocation. If they need an appliance of this sort in Burnside why did MFS not extend their boundary a few streets.

Almost 4 streets. Also a tunnel.  :-)

Offline CFS_Firey

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: March 10, 2009, 08:23:38 AM »
I think its great that Burnside have what they wanted in the way of a URBAN pumper ...

Actually it's an urban / rural pumper, that's why they have the cab halo system, auxiliary pump, raise able suspension etc...

Offline big bronto

• View Profile
« Reply #383 on: March 10, 2009, 09:44:57 AM »
Actually it's an urban / rural pumper, that's why they have the cab halo system, auxiliary pump, raise able suspension etc...
[/quote]

No it is an Australian URBAN pumper tanker, this is the way of the future for Australian urban fire fighting appliances. MFB have had aux pumps, halo systems and adjustable suspension put on all their new pumper tankers to meet the new risks facing the Australian urban fringe areas.

Also i am confused as to why the new burnside truck has the outlets at the rear and not the side to make life easier for crews and to provide space for a pump operator.

Offline firestorm

• Forum Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: March 12, 2009, 12:50:10 AM »
so the old seaford dennis pumper
and the new burnside pumper
in a pump-off who would win?

Darren

« Reply #385 on: March 12, 2009, 05:57:39 AM »
It woulld be close, the Dennis is rated at 1250 GPM, but I reckon you could get more water into the Volvo.

Offline Pixie

• Seaford Lt#2
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: March 13, 2009, 11:44:24 AM »
so the old seaford dennis pumper
and the new burnside pumper
in a pump-off who would win?

I think Darren would be correct...
SACFS
Seaford Brigade
Lieutenant 2

**My View only, does not reflect that of the Seaford Brigade or SACFS**

Offline wilma

• View Profile
« Reply #387 on: April 04, 2009, 07:55:32 PM »
have seen the new one at volvo and it looks gud  :-D wait and see how it preformes
Barossa CFS Group
Barrosa DGO 3
(Formaly Wilma)

Offline big bronto

• View Profile
« Reply #388 on: April 12, 2009, 01:26:26 PM »
Any reason burnside pumper has gone back to london round and not stuck with the storz outfit?

Offline Gilly

• View Profile
« Reply #389 on: April 12, 2009, 02:49:28 PM »
All of our other vehicles are london round, so we have adaptors for the stortz, that will be left on permanently. We may change over to london round fittings, if the adaptors are a pain in the filtered.

Offline Bagyassfirey

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #390 on: April 13, 2009, 07:06:56 PM »
18:33:46 13-04-09 THE NEW PUMPER IS NOW ONLINE AND IS THE PRIMARY RESPONSE VEHICLE. PLEASE FAMILIARISE YOURSELF WITH STOWAGE LOCATIONS ASAP. FROM CRAIG. CFS Burnside Info

YAY well Done Burnside  :-)

Offline Alex

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: April 21, 2009, 09:56:32 AM »
Doing its first job in style...

MFS: *CFSRES INC014 21/04/09 09:14,RESPOND Vehicle Fire,SOUTH EASTERN FWY,LEAWOOD GARDENS MAP 132 C 13 TG182,ON DOWNWARD TRACK
IN THE HEYSEN TUNNELS,POSSIBLE TRUCK FIRE,BURN19 GLO441 STRL19

MFS: *CFSRES INC015 21/04/09 09:23,RESPOND Vehicle Fire,SOUTH EASTERN FWY,LEAWOOD GARDENS MAP 132 C 13 TG182,2ND ALARM DOWN
TRACK HEYSEN TUNNELS TRUC,K FIRE,ADL202 ADL206 41 PCCY00 BURN28

Offline Zippy

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: April 21, 2009, 11:13:23 AM »
yeah, watched it from the sidelines in traffic.....good work by them :D

plenty of people managed to ignore the M1 CLOSED TAKE NEXT EXIT SIGN

Seems the job went well.

Offline big bronto

• View Profile
« Reply #393 on: April 22, 2009, 10:52:16 AM »
Good Job by the glen osmond boys by the look, didnt see many other trucks there doing much on the cctv footage. Would be interesting to see how much things would change if that was mfs area, i reckon 2 pump would give a few people a run for their money.

Offline Zippy

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: April 22, 2009, 11:03:40 AM »
Good Job by the glen osmond boys by the look, didnt see many other trucks there doing much on the cctv footage. Would be interesting to see how much things would change if that was mfs area, i reckon 2 pump would give a few people a run for their money.

One would assume the reason for 2nd alarm would be the considerable high risk of a Car Pile up occuring...and therefore a much larger incident.

Offline Rainer

• Forum Firefighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: April 26, 2009, 09:15:58 PM »

Also i am confused as to why the new burnside truck has the outlets at the rear and not the side to make life easier for crews and to provide space for a pump operator.
[/quote]

we did this to get as much locker space as we can and it has worked very well in the training and testing we did. it is surprising how much room there is even with all hose in/out..

Cheers
R

Offline track400m

• Forum Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: June 05, 2009, 01:16:22 PM »
They should just shut down burnside and let samfs handle everything its stupid they got a new pumper like they did we are filtered cfs not filtered mfs Country Fire Service is filtered burnside in the Country NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Its filtered stupid

Offline Zippy

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: June 05, 2009, 01:32:06 PM »
They should just shut down burnside and let samfs handle everything its stupid they got a new pumper like they did we are filtered cfs not filtered mfs Country Fire Service is filtered burnside in the Country NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Its filtered stupid

Mate, your wrong. And im not from burnside, and personally entirely support them.  Until MFS can manage to run 1 major incident and 3 other non major incidents at once, without needing CFS Change of Quarters let alone Response to the actual jobs....they do need this pumper.  It is a benefit to both the Country Suburbs (Peri-urban interface) and the Metro suburbs.

The Country Fire Service is more than you think it is mr track400m.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2009, 01:36:11 PM by Zippy »

rescue5271

« Reply #398 on: June 05, 2009, 02:19:49 PM »
Burnside would have to be one of the only brigades that i know where they can get out the door in under 4 mins day and night and i have to say that new pumper is great well done to them for using their heads to draw it up.. Close them down why?? they can get out the door and support MFS and SAAS well so there is no need to close them down,may be they only just need a longer engine bay as its a very tight fit with pumper and 24....

Offline tft

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: June 05, 2009, 03:46:16 PM »
Lot more brigades around the state that have the same tutnout time. in under 4 mins day and night

anything