Technical Discussion > Compartment Fire Behaviour

Using 25mm Sidereels at Structure Fires

<< < (2/6) > >>

backburn:
We have managed to save a couple of houses with them as when we have arrived we had headges and trees on fire from the spread put them out as the pump operator got the 38s ready. This has happened more than ones. We have also kept the fire to one room with the sidereels so at a structure fire they are the first hose to grab in our group.

medevac:
25mm's are all we use...

never had a problem. mind you this isnt on your old dacker dacker 24s.

TillerMan:
It all depends on your branches and pump. E.g a TFT 25mm branch will put out as much water as a 38mm Protek/Akron branch on a pump that has high/low pressure stages.

I prefer 25mm but i would use a 38mm if we had 38mm wajax like the CFA so then there is less leaks and they wouldn't be so hard to lug around.

Ryan:
Forestry use 38mm wajax hoses and couplings

oz fire:
Have used 25mm, 38 and 64 at structure fires - each has it's own application.

25mm when backed by a good pump (aka not one of the old 24 or 34 types) works well in a going structure, for direct attack only. easy to move through a house, and quick - no good however from a well involved area if you intend to minimise damage by gas cooling, however very effective for painting, penciling and direct attack to fire seat.

38mm is my weapon of choice for a going incident, great for knock down, great for gas cooling, penciling and painting and not to cumbersome to more through a domestic structure.

64mm - suround and drown people, this ones a car park - some services use this as their primary hose, as their main methoid is surround and drown. Good for large incidents, to commence the initial knock down to allow possible entry - near impossible though to use inside

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version