Author Topic: Occurrence books for all!  (Read 12182 times)

Offline mack

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: Occurrence books for all!
« Reply #25 on: January 02, 2008, 11:00:37 AM »
More paperwork next i guess we will see video recorders in appliances ........

aaah but that would be awesome.....dashcam.

Offline mattb

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 02, 2008, 12:19:07 PM »
If each station must have a radio log/occurence book it should also have a base radio as well

I thought each station did have a station radio, although I do remember hearing something about some Region 5 stations having their radios removed to be put in new vehicles - was that what happened to yours Robert ??

We did that a few years ago, we had a small security camera mounted on the dash hooked up to a 12v VHS recorder. As soon as you got in you hit record and that was that. It was kind of pointless but fairly crank, we did manage to get a few drivers pinched for not giving way to us though, also got a couple of good videos at at going jobs.

Offline Robert-Robert34

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 02, 2008, 12:36:57 PM »
If each station must have a radio log/occurence book it should also have a base radio as well

I thought each station did have a station radio, although I do remember hearing something about some Region 5 stations having their radios removed to be put in new vehicles - was that what happened to yours Robert ??

We did that a few years ago, we had a small security camera mounted on the dash hooked up to a 12v VHS recorder. As soon as you got in you hit record and that was that. It was kind of pointless but fairly crank, we did manage to get a few drivers pinched for not giving way to us though, also got a couple of good videos at at going jobs.

When the 163 MHZ VHF system was the main radio network our station had Kalangadoo 34 Portable 2 hooked up to an outside antenna on top of the shed and it was our base radio however we were told by the group that no station except for Millicent & Penola were allowed to have a station radio so hence explains why Kalangadoo doesnt have a base radio :cry:

Although i think it would be a good idea to give all stations base radios so they can acknowledge the pager call and get information while filling out the occurence book at the same time  :-)

« Last Edit: January 02, 2008, 12:42:05 PM by Robert34 »
Kalangadoo Brigade

pumprescue

« Reply #28 on: January 02, 2008, 01:12:33 PM »
I think most of the base radio's from Wattle Range Group are in the Group Officers house, shed, car, other car, bed head, toilet, mothers house, freinds house, and a portable in case the others are out of reach.  :-P

rescue5271

« Reply #29 on: January 02, 2008, 01:31:01 PM »
There have been a few brigade's in region 5 that have lost their station GRN and this was due for a need for them to go into new appliances.Here in region 5 our group base take care of all radio/phone traffic and yes we all have log books and in the command cars...as for wattle range G.O. One of the best group officers this region has and from what I have seen he only has a radio at work....Mind you I have not been to his new house yet......

Offline Darius

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 02, 2008, 04:23:38 PM »
Region 5 are "special", but moving along (back to original topic)...

As already said, it's a storm in a teacup.  However the part that hasn't yet been brought up is it's all well and good that a station/base operator logs the radio traffic, and some groups additionally record their local talkgroups, but how about the increased use of mobile phones by group officers/deputys and ICs / Ops Officers during incidents?

In theory that person should be making notes of their conversation but I have never seen it done.  Some GO's / staff now have pocket mp3 voice recorders and during an incident turn it on and hang it on a cord around their neck.  It nicely records all conversations they are involved in - just have to be a little careful what you say in those moments of relaxation!

Offline mack

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 02, 2008, 04:57:12 PM »
Darius - i would expect group officers & IMTs (the ops officers you refer to?) to use occurence books like those in stations to record these convos...

Offline Darius

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 02, 2008, 06:24:42 PM »
hmmm would you now.

Offline Firefrog

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 02, 2008, 08:15:22 PM »
On a related matter - I know of a group who have issued personal audio recorders to the group officers. Can record hundreds of hours of audio and easy to back up.

The recorder is worn around the neck on a lanyard. Could be a good tool for people in high level incident management to use for report writing or to prompt their memory of situations later.....Like court. :-o

Offline SA Firey

• Forum Group Officer
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 02, 2008, 08:26:30 PM »
If they want us to record the important issues,discussions and decisions during incidents in these new occurrence books,you can supply them to us Free of Charge...Thanks :evil:

On another note I know ONE group that you will have real difficulty getting any times of arrival for your appliances etc......XXXXX Group 
« Last Edit: January 02, 2008, 08:29:18 PM by SA Firey »
Images are copyright