Author Topic: Clayton CFS (cab curtains)  (Read 11169 times)

Offline Pipster

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Clayton CFS (cab curtains)
« Reply #25 on: January 31, 2007, 07:20:10 PM »
So based on the fact that CFS only get a certain amount of money each year (other than the extra stuff we can beg from the Government, like extra money for aerial stuff), what things do you suggest we go without to give everyone internal roll down curtains?

Bearing in mind, Groups get a particular budget, and basically spend it as they please - and if they so desired, they could buy there own curtains...but they would need to budget for it.... and most likely have to give up something else...so what should they give up?

Pip
There are three types of people in the world.  Those that watch things happen, those who make things happen, and those who wonder what happened.

Offline RescueHazmat

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 31, 2007, 07:32:11 PM »
Its going to be a never winning battle with that attitude pip.. - Why aren't the funds there in the first place for such vital pieces of safety equipment??

We have money to supply helmets and hoselines right?  Why not money to provide curtains to appliances? Sure.. There are boundaries as to how far we can go with that, and what we consider basic (mandatory) pieces of equipment, but I personally consider them as basic as gloves..

My view and opinion is based on experience.. I don't know what others are basing their views on...

Just off the very top of my head... We spend thousands on CFS bags for the show, CAPS, Pins, Pens, stickers, etc etc.. - And yet it doesn't seem our retention or recruitment levels in the CFS are increasing.. - (I know its not as easy as this).. But there are some funds.. 

How many vehicles sit in the carpark on Waymouth street, & are rarely used?  - Hire one less for the year and there is a little bit more money.. - Little bits and pieces add up !

We are talking the safety of our firefighters on the front line here.. But I seem to be fighting an uphill battle trying to get my point across..
« Last Edit: February 01, 2007, 09:44:43 AM by RescueHazmat »

Offline Darius

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 01, 2007, 08:38:03 AM »

no I agree with you.  I can see the money problem too but find it very hard to have any sympathy with that argument.  It's the govt / public service we're talking about, if we don't spend it - on important things - then it'll just get spent somewhere else in the govt.  You don't get any brownie points for saving money, you just get less money next year cos the beancounters decide they must have allocated you too much the year before.

Timbo

« Reply #28 on: February 01, 2007, 09:48:48 PM »
Mr T - Without wanting to sound rude (as im not being rude), have you ever been in one of the newer appliances with such curtains fitted?

Yes