Author Topic: Monopoly  (Read 10695 times)

Offline SA Firey

• Forum Group Officer
    • View Profile
Monopoly
« on: January 28, 2007, 11:09:26 PM »
Monopoly (the company) is releasing an Australian edition of the board game later on this year.
In order to gain free publicity, the creators of the game have organised their website, www.monopoly.com.au , where the public can vote for their favourite Australian destinations to feature in the new edition of the board game.
The state with the most number of votes earns it's destination at the Mayfair (i.e., classy) end of the board, while the state with the least amount of votes is awarded the Old Kent Road (or crap) end.
So vote as many times as possible to ensure that SA destinations appear in the better slots.
Voting is open until February 10: You can only vote once a day, so remember to log on each day to cast your vote - set your calendar reminders, write it in your diary and send this email onto your friends.
The South Australian destinations nominated are:
* Adelaide
* The Flinders Rangers
* The Barossa
* Murraylands
* Kangaroo Island

Come on guys lets get a SA name on the board :wink:
Images are copyright

Offline lilmiss_firey

• Forum Senior Firefighter
    • View Profile
Re: Monopoly
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2007, 09:56:22 AM »
i can report on the topic of monopoly that it is top ova the otha states on 39%.... and the Barossa is in the lead in sa... lol

8-) 8-)

Offline bittenyakka

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2007, 04:21:49 PM »
guys don't vote barossa vote for Adelaide or the flinders as that might make tourists think all we do is get pissed on wine  :| :|

Offline medevac

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2007, 08:07:20 PM »
hahahhah.... ahhh.  :lol:

Offline loopylou

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2007, 09:39:54 PM »
I agree, as someone who lives in the barossa region, i'd feel ashamed if this overrated cess pit of fat wine makers, crap roads and overpaid councillors got a spot on a great game board. Vote 1 Flinders.

Offline SA Firey

• Forum Group Officer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2007, 08:25:21 PM »
Easy guys just put a vote in for each still, got 3 days to vote so lets get SA on the board and share this state with every other tourist :-D 
Images are copyright

Offline Footy

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2007, 06:11:34 PM »
so how did SA go?
Did we get a good spot on the monopoly board?

Offline Blue

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2007, 07:52:51 PM »
guys don't vote barossa vote for Adelaide or the flinders as that might make tourists think all we do is get filtered on wine  :| :|

What's wrong with that?  :|

Offline Footy

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2007, 08:37:00 PM »
Its sorta like West End making ads to stop Victorians drink West End Draught,
They coulda just saved themselves a whole lot in marketing and just handed out free taste tests

would have had the same results....  :-D

Offline Robert-Robert34

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2007, 09:25:59 PM »
Didnt any of you guys notice that the South East was left out of the voting poll  :-( :cry:
Kalangadoo Brigade

Offline Blue

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2007, 09:31:15 PM »
Didnt any of you guys notice that the South East was left out of the voting poll  :-( :cry:

Yep and that's the way we like it. Move along now, nothing to see here. No you've heard wrong - that fishing spot is actually crap, the Blue Lake is always this murky grey colour, the Glenelg River is infested with sharks, the wine is better in the Barossa, there's nothing to see in Ewens Ponds and in the forest rabid koalas drop from the trees and suck out your eyeballs.

Ok, so maybe the koala thing is going a bit far...
« Last Edit: March 05, 2007, 09:38:17 PM by Blue »

Offline SA Firey

• Forum Group Officer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2007, 12:34:49 PM »

But I thought "the Doo" was on the map :-P
Images are copyright

Offline Firefrog

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2007, 05:19:47 PM »

Offline Kenny

• Forum Recruit
    • View Profile
    • My current hobby

probie_boy

« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2007, 09:00:46 PM »
It would be gold if they put murray bridge and elizabeth in the game. They'd have to be given as prizes in the community chest though, no one would buy them.

lord help us, Barossa as oz's mayfair.  :|

clearly the judges haven't been to cairns, kakadu, great barrier reef, murray river, great dividing range, blue mountains.

Your all gonna hate me for this, but I think melbourne should've got the top spot. IMO its oz's nicest city by miles. good size, attractions and lifestyle without being the huge dirty brothel that is sydney.

Offline Mike

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2007, 09:02:01 AM »
Good to see we got behind the state.... would have much rather seen the Flinders in top spot though.

Oh well... we made it on the board! :)

Offline wilma

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2007, 09:18:55 AM »
gud to see thwe barrosa up there  :evil:
Barossa CFS Group
Barrosa DGO 3
(Formaly Wilma)

Offline Pipster

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2007, 12:15:38 PM »
The "judges" were mainly the public..they could vote for locations...and obviously SA got behind the SA locations....   :-D

Pip
There are three types of people in the world.  Those that watch things happen, those who make things happen, and those who wonder what happened.

Offline Kenny

• Forum Recruit
    • View Profile
    • My current hobby
« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2007, 05:42:38 PM »
Im still deciding as to whether i should inform someone of the truth behind the results, but it would make SA look bad so i might just zip my trap...

Offline Footy

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 06, 2007, 10:49:21 PM »
Inside goss?
Pass it on, no one is listening...

SA doesnt need help looking bad, we have Nationally Broadcasting Radio Programs to do that for us...

Offline Kenny

• Forum Recruit
    • View Profile
    • My current hobby
« Reply #20 on: June 07, 2007, 04:26:16 PM »
meh, they spilt the beans after the advertiser was informed.
See the paper today, aswell as 10 news tonight for some more:)

Offline Kenny

• Forum Recruit
    • View Profile
    • My current hobby
« Reply #21 on: June 09, 2007, 12:53:56 AM »
ugh. It wasnt hacked. That was a moronic misunderstanding from the media who wanted to hype it up.
We meerly exploited a loophole they didnt look into:)

Offline Kenny

• Forum Recruit
    • View Profile
    • My current hobby
« Reply #22 on: June 09, 2007, 12:24:01 PM »
well i guess thats true to a degree. Only one person made the program, but there was countless people using it to vote:D
Im just happy adelaide got top spot. If it was done normally, adelaide would barely get a spot on the table.

Offline Crankster 34

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 09, 2007, 01:43:23 PM »
This is the official line from the company.

Hackers don’t have a “Monopoly” on cheating

Hasbro Australia has issued the following response to reports that the Barossa Valley’s success in winning the recent Monopoly elections and securing the prime position on the new Australian Here & Now Monopoly board was the result of a hacking campaign.

Australia’s Marketing Manager for Monopoly, Amanda Blackhall said, “While it is not possible to prevent people from hacking a website if they are determined enough (even US government and Microsoft websites have been the victims of attacks), all measures were taken to pre-empt and ensure any attempts to do so would not undermine the integrity of the Monopoly election campaign.

‘We worked with the hosting company to stop attacks that were detected in a manner that would attempt to protect legitimate voters.  Our ISP company work 24 hours, 7 days a week and as soon as they recognized any hacking attempt, they immediately took steps to block this attempt.

“While the hackers concerned might have believed that their attempts were successful, they in fact had very little impact on the excellent results Barossa achieved.  Barossa’s success can however, be attributed to the people in the region networking with family, friends and related industries to ensure all got behind the campaign and voted”.

Crankster on scene, you can take a stop...

Offline Blue

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 12, 2007, 10:08:03 AM »
Your all gonna hate me for this, but I think melbourne should've got the top spot. IMO its oz's nicest city by miles. good size, attractions and lifestyle without being the huge dirty brothel that is sydney.

Vote one for Perth. Nicest city in Oz. But stoopidly expensive, therefore gets my vote as Mayfair.

anything