General Discussion > SAMFS

2014 Recruitment

(1/22) > >>

aclarky1988:
Hey guys and girls. This is my first post on this forum. I am looking at trying out for the SAMFS next year. I am 25 years of age and have a big fitness back ground. I have previously worked as a full time tradesman and now currently in Sales. I would love the opportunity to have a job that will be very. Challenging and different to a everyday job.

Was wondering if anyone have advice on what I should pre pair  myself for. I hear it is very difficult to get into the SAMFS. I am training extra hard with my fitness as I want to give the one shot and my best shot.

Any replies would be very appreciated.

Cheers all
Andrew

Monger:

--- Quote from: aclarky1988 on December 07, 2013, 12:23:42 PM ---Hey guys and girls. This is my first post on this forum. I am looking at trying out for the SAMFS next year. I am 25 years of age and have a big fitness back ground. I have previously worked as a full time tradesman and now currently in Sales. I would love the opportunity to have a job that will be very. Challenging and different to a everyday job.

Was wondering if anyone have advice on what I should pre pair  myself for. I hear it is very difficult to get into the SAMFS. I am training extra hard with my fitness as I want to give the one shot and my best shot.

Any replies would be very appreciated.

Cheers all
Andrew

--- End quote ---

The fitness testing is not difficult, 9.6 beep test. The harder part is the aptitude testing and psych test. Having said that, the actual hard part of getting in to the MFS is the sheer number of applicants(sometimes 5-600) for maybe 18 or 36 spots generally

aclarky1988:
Yeah id be fine for the beep test. I normally run that at level 13.

What kind of things should I expect in the aptitude testing and psych test? Yeah iv heard a lot of people apply and very few get in. Its something I really want to get into so I want to fully ore pair for my self.

That you for the reply

flyonthewall:
Also, as has been said numerous times.............make sure you have all the pre-requesites because you won't even get past the application. It is all on the SAMFS website  :-)

Monger:

--- Quote from: aclarky1988 on December 07, 2013, 09:46:12 PM ---Yeah id be fine for the beep test. I normally run that at level 13.

What kind of things should I expect in the aptitude testing and psych test? Yeah iv heard a lot of people apply and very few get in. Its something I really want to get into so I want to fully ore pair for my self.

That you for the reply

--- End quote ---

Best advice would be to look at the example questions on the SAMFS website.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version