Author Topic: joint rescue comp  (Read 6885 times)

rescue5271

joint rescue comp
« on: February 01, 2005, 11:29:09 AM »
How many RCR brigades are going into this comp to be help at wayville show ground in March.Its a joint ses/cfs/mfs? we are are trying to get a crew together so this may be fun?

Offline kat

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • Tailem Bend Country Fire Service
joint rescue comp
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2005, 07:02:49 PM »
They are great to watch!! We've only participated once; a small competition at Coonalpyn that only had Stirling, Coonalpyn, Blackwood and Tailem Bend. It's a really good training exercise but it may be a bit imitimidating for crews new to the comps process. The experienced comps crews know all things the judges are scoring on (and have competed at national level) But I'm sure you'll be provided with all the appropriate documentation. There's a bit more to it all than competent rescue evolutions  :) I'd be really keen to do something like that on a Regional level but I guess they're pretty resource intensive. Good luck, I really hope Naracoorte get in a nomination and I am sure will get a lot out of the experience.
There's a difference between genius and stupidity -- genius has it's limits.

Offline fire03rescue

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
RCR Comps
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2005, 02:44:31 PM »
I think that the wining teams from all 3 services will go to New Zeland in October

Offline Mike

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
joint rescue comp
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2005, 04:15:37 PM »
A team will be going to NZ at least........
Discount rates will be available to any member wanting to go have a look at the comps, just need to show CFS ID.......

Should be a great weekend :D

rescue5271

RCR COMP
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2005, 06:42:51 PM »
:cry: Well we have had to pull out of the comp due to a team member's work with harvest in the vine's so next year is looking good Hope all that are going will have a good time and enjoy the day's in the sun

corocfs

Re: RCR COMP
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2005, 06:22:23 PM »
Quote from: rescue5271
:cry: Well we have had to pull out of the comp due to a team member's work with harvest in the vine's so next year is looking good Hope all that are going will have a good time and enjoy the day's in the sun

i hope you have informed the organisers of the competition of your withdrawal. if you havent and then dont rock up, there will be hell to pay, and cyhances are your brigade will get fined the costs of un-used accomadation and meals.

corocfs

joint rescue comp
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2005, 01:00:34 PM »
Results for Overall Comp.

1st  place: Salisbury MFS
2nd Place: Blackwood CFS
3rd Place: Laura SES

i'll find out more of the results and post along with some pics in the pic section if its wanted..

Offline FF_Rayner

• Forum Firefighter
    • View Profile
joint rescue comp
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2005, 09:05:50 PM »
Quote from: corocfs

i'll find out more of the results and post along with some pics in the pic section if its wanted..

Yes plz
The old logo is much better

Offline fire03rescue

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
RCR Comps
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2005, 12:39:07 PM »
What did you think of the RCR Comps  :?:  :?:

I would like to see more CFS brigades have a go :!:

strikeathird

joint rescue comp
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2005, 05:12:02 PM »
Salisbury MFS 1st
Blackwood CFS 2nd
Laura SES 3rd

Salisbury MFS - Winner of Best Medic
Salisbury MFS - Winner of Best Team Leader
Sailsbury MFS - Winner of Rapid Section
Blackwood CFS - Winner of Limited Section
Riverland MFS - Winner of Unlimited Section.

Some awesome work done by all teams!!  Particularly the Riverland MFS - Who did a fantastic cutout in a very difficult situation!!

(Please correct the above if they are incorect... Can't quite remember if the last 2 are correct)

Good times

joint rescue comp
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2005, 09:40:20 PM »
More impressive for the Riverland boys is the fact they are not rescue!!
SES do all rescue in the riverland.

Offline Mike

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
joint rescue comp
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2005, 12:12:34 AM »
Any chance of getting a few pics posted..... was 4wd over near Ceduna and missed out.... Were there many new idea's being tried out this year??

Offline mengcfs

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
joint rescue comp
« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2005, 11:45:30 AM »
Enfield SES have some pics on their website. http://enfieldses.cjb.net/photos/

strikeathird

joint rescue comp
« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2005, 04:12:20 PM »
In the pics on the Enfield SES site, one of them shows an SES member with " MEDIC " on her helmet...  Are they trained Paramedics in the SES ranks... Or are they allowed to put that on there with Sen. First Aid qualifications...??

Just curious... In case I come across one of these members with MEDIC on the helmet on a job, I will be aware of what degree of First Aid training they have....

(I would doubt it would be only Sen. First Aid... as then Every second person would have the word MEDIC spralled across there helmet)!

Offline Mike

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
joint rescue comp
« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2005, 12:30:37 AM »
I think you'll find its there for competition purposes only (as there is a dedicated medic put into the vehicle). SES generally dont have any markings on their helmets (aside from names and the occasional "RESCUE" sticker.

You shouldnt be seeing anything like that in the field....

strikeathird

joint rescue comp
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2005, 06:16:09 PM »
Roger.