Author Topic: Fire Reports  (Read 3385 times)

Offline Alan (Big Al)

• Forum Captain
  • CRUMPETS
    • View Profile
Fire Reports
« on: December 15, 2006, 01:41:05 PM »
I've noticed a few brigades do fire reports for some things that in my opinion you don't report???? The main things are crew changes for fires which is still the same fire wouldn't you just tack the extra names on to the report when the incident is COMPLETED????
Another is "assist landowner with burnoff"? isn't that just function of the brigade that is a pre-organised activity, be for training or hazard reduction??? And another is fire cover for events such as fireworks, events, film shoots etc do these really need to be put down as call statistics wouldn't it be better put in to the non-incident section???

This is probably a nothing topic for most but just wondering others opinions??
Lt. Goolwa CFS

Offline SA Firey

• Forum Group Officer
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Reports
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2006, 02:29:13 PM »
I've noticed a few brigades do fire reports for some things that in my opinion you don't report???? The main things are crew changes for fires which is still the same fire wouldn't you just tack the extra names on to the report when the incident is COMPLETED????
Another is "assist landowner with burnoff"? isn't that just function of the brigade that is a pre-organised activity, be for training or hazard reduction??? And another is fire cover for events such as fireworks, events, film shoots etc do these really need to be put down as call statistics wouldn't it be better put in to the non-incident section???

This is probably a nothing topic for most but just wondering others opinions??

First section should go on original report when job is complete.Any event covered by the AIRS reports numbering ie 163 Grass Stubble fire is a FIRE CALL.

All other activities you have mentioned are not "FIRE CALLS" and should go on go on the fortnightly activity log and faxed to SOC, as they are training related and promote CFS activities.

Remember when we used to log a fire call when the station alarm used to trip,but is not classified as an EMERGENCY CALL therefore no FIRE REPORT required.

If you clock up too many calls the more justification for a MFS station :wink:
Images are copyright

Offline Camo

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • Compton CFS Website
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2006, 02:55:38 PM »
Here is one for you.

If you are doing a COQ at an MFS station, is any call you recieve while there classed as a seperate job?

I believe so but there are others that dont.

Compton CFS Website
http://www.compton.sacfs.org

Offline SA Firey

• Forum Group Officer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2006, 03:00:41 PM »
Here is one for you.

If you are doing a COQ at an MFS station, is any call you recieve while there classed as a seperate job?

I believe so but there are others that dont.

Yes it is 100% :-D
Images are copyright

Offline Alan (Big Al)

• Forum Captain
  • CRUMPETS
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2006, 08:17:27 PM »
Agree wqith that as it is seperate call.
Lt. Goolwa CFS

Offline aust_fire1

• Forum Senior Firefighter
    • View Profile
    • Port Elliot CFS
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2006, 05:28:21 AM »
Log everything, Report Everything. We need to justify ourselves down here. No reports going in...no need to have a CFS.

We nearly lost a brigade about 10 yrs ago due to them not doing reports. The Group had to fight haed to justify them being here

It may be different for brigades closer to the city, i dont know.

Offline SA Firey

• Forum Group Officer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2006, 12:30:11 PM »
Exactly Log and Report everything as described, while at the same time having the calls and statistics on the correct paperwork :wink:
Images are copyright

Offline Camo

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • Compton CFS Website
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2006, 01:44:03 PM »
How many brigades fill in there activities sheet and send it to HQ?

To my disgust our brigade doesnt but no one seems to listen when i mention it.

Can anyone confirm or deny that the new budget will revolve around the activity sheets? also the fire reports but thats pretty obvious.
Compton CFS Website
http://www.compton.sacfs.org

Offline SA Firey

• Forum Group Officer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2006, 08:50:40 PM »
How many brigades fill in there activities sheet and send it to HQ?

To my disgust our brigade doesnt but no one seems to listen when i mention it.

Can anyone confirm or deny that the new budget will revolve around the activity sheets? also the fire reports but thats pretty obvious.

Camo if they are not then that is a breach of SOP, and secondly if your brigade is not accurately reporting what they are doing could affect your SFEC's, training,budget allocations to your brigade,and OHS&W issues because you have not proved you were performing the activity by not keeping accurate records :?

You have to justify why your brigade exists, and no paperwork equals no requirement for a brigade. :evil:
Images are copyright