Author Topic: new dress uniform  (Read 3968 times)

rescue5271

new dress uniform
« on: March 02, 2008, 05:36:30 PM »
I understand that CFS is going to be changing the colour of the dress uniform to blue so that it will bring us into line with other state's,we can only hope that the price of the new uniform will be a hell of alot cheaper for members to buy. My brigade last year bought the dress uniform for those members who are active but we did not buy the hat/cap due to the high cost.....

Offline chook

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
Re: new dress uniform
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2008, 05:52:32 PM »
Actually ours was supposed to go blue as well (think they may have got a deal? :-D ). Basically for the same reason - eastern states wear blue.
But it hasn't got down to the troops yet. Or most of the staff either!
You can guarantee it won't be cheap though.
cheers
Ken
just another retard!

Offline K55

• Forum Firefighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2008, 06:01:52 PM »
Fact or Fiction??? I thought SES were going to make the move to blue but it never eventuated apart from some navy jumpers and a change of patch. Would be nice to see a formal and affordable uniform for active firefighters as well as a dress standard/manual to distinguish the uses for every uniform and task undertaken by volunteer firefighters and paid staff for example dress uniform in the office, field uniform for operations not on the fronline as well as training and PPE for different incidents eg level 1 = rural incidents. level 2 (PBI) RCR, Hazmat etc and Level 3 (PBI FULL ENSEMBLE) for offensive strucural attack.

uniden

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2008, 06:05:43 PM »
Blue, good choice. Look the same/simmilar to SAPOL and MFS great...

Offline chook

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2008, 06:36:41 PM »
Senior officers in SES wear blue. Everyone else is still in Khaki/Putty - which I like, we don't need blue.
K55 have you actually considered the cost?
You now have a Wild fire ensemble (I know I have one :wink:), you also have hazchem uniform (spalsh suits, & full suits).
You also have PBI Gold, which is a lot more than full timers have in the other states.
Are you sure you need any more?
Some of our trainers wear a special blue outfit (like Star group), personally I think its a bit weird. And honestly there is better things to spend money on.
But anyway they are my thoughts cheers
« Last Edit: March 03, 2008, 06:01:41 AM by chook »
Ken
just another retard!

Offline Zippy

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2008, 07:12:57 PM »
I understand that CFS is going to be changing the colour of the dress uniform to blue so that it will bring us into line with other state's,we can only hope that the price of the new uniform will be a filtered of alot cheaper for members to buy. My brigade last year bought the dress uniform for those members who are active but we did not buy the hat/cap due to the high cost.....

Bringing us into line with the other states eyyy LOL

guess we're gonna have Red Trucks following a Formal Dress uniform makeover  :evil:  (had to be said  :-D)
« Last Edit: March 02, 2008, 07:26:17 PM by Zippy28 »

Offline 6739264

• Forum Captain
  • RETARD RETARD RETARD Need I say more?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2008, 06:22:01 AM »
So what happens to the Bottle Green camp? Will they finally realise that Firies wear blue NOT green?

It would be good to see a (rentable?) Dress uniform offered to firies for official occasions and funerals and the like.
To think they employed me as a drooling retard...

Offline chook

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2008, 06:26:30 AM »
Seriously thats a great idea! Makes perfect sense to me!
cheers
Ken
just another retard!

Offline SA Firey

• Forum Group Officer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2008, 01:58:16 PM »
Yes it would be nice to actually have a standard uniform instead of which colour do I wear this week :-P
Images are copyright

rescue5271

« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2008, 06:33:50 AM »
This question was asked last week at the CFSVFBA meeting and the answer was NO its njot going to change to BLUE at this point in time,that is not to say that SAFECOM will push for us all to have a blue uniform....

Offline Red Message

• Forum Senior Firefighter
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2008, 02:26:31 PM »
CFS need a good dress uniform, the Khaki is a bit too old and drab for my liking!
The idea of rentable sets sounds really good. There havee been a number of times where it would have been good to have a Dress Uniform, but they are a little hard to come by when you are not a brigade captain.

The other thing CFS could think about is a Duty Uniform. It wouldn't be as formal as the Dress uniform, so it would be good for brigade PR functions, as well as being useful for Rescue and Bushfire jobs.
Stirling CFS
NSWFB 001 Stn.
Firefighter

anything