Author Topic: CFS Type 2 Pumper  (Read 3149 times)

Offline Scania_1

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
CFS Type 2 Pumper
« on: January 29, 2007, 03:01:14 PM »
Can someone tell me a bit about the pumps on these. Someone told me that they have an auto pressure governor on the pump like the latest MFS Scanias. The MFS one is set up to compensate for fluctautions in supply pressure and to regulate flow even when nozzles are closed or opened.

Offline TillerMan

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: CFS Type 2 Pumper
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2007, 09:41:58 AM »
750 US GAL pump, with 4 x 64mm inlets, 4 x 64mm outlets and 1 x 125mm storz suction inlet.

Yes they have an auto governer that controls the pump, E.g set the pump to 1000Kpa and it will maintain that pressure at the pump no matter how many hoses you plug in providing of course that there is enough water coming in to cope.
It will also adjust the revs down when a hydrent supply is introduced to still maintain that 1000Kpa...E.g if the hydrant is giving you 500Kpa the pump only needs to give 500Kpa to make 1000Kpa. Therefore reducing strain on the pump and also noise etc.
And yes if nozzles are opened and closed the pump will adjust accordingly.

Also the new SAMFS merc skyjets have these pump governers.

Offline Scania_1

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2007, 10:05:48 AM »
Thanks tillerman. Our Scania doesnt have that set up but I believe the newer Liquip ones from the last couple of builds do.

Offline TillerMan

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2007, 10:19:10 AM »
Yep just the latest 7 have that fitted, there were problems at the start because the governers were run through the the cruise control which was registering as a fault and after a certain amount of faults the truck says i don't like this and shuts down (100 faults i think?). This happened to 2 trucks at the same fire which was a really bad time to find this out.
I personally preffer a hand throttle and a cable controling my pump rpm but it is alot better for pump wear, noise, ease of use, time etc. You can run the pump on a type 2 using the accelorator if the system does s*#t itself and they are currently being fitted with proper hand throttles as a back up at their first service.