Author Topic: dukes hwy bordertown  (Read 2944 times)

rescue5271

dukes hwy bordertown
« on: April 24, 2005, 09:50:17 PM »
On Friday 22/4,bordertown cfs/ses along with naracoorte hazmat where involved in a long hazmat operation that forced the hwy to be closed for some 9hrs while crew cleaned up the spill. Further overdrums and hazmat operators where need so a call went out to penola and millicent aswell as naracoorte car one with more overdrums. All in all a great job with good team work and some nice pictures taken by promo unit. :oops:

Good times

dukes hwy bordertown
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2005, 02:48:22 PM »
I heard some "colourful" language on my scanner at home, I think it was Bordertown Pumper talking to region 5, what was that all about!

Amazing what you can pick up when you add the large antenna, the old GRN is not bad, except for the bus drivers woffle, but you can lock that out.

rescue5271

dukes hwy
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2005, 09:05:43 PM »
well I can't say but I will say that its not over and the debrief will be a hot room and I hope i am a fly on the wall :P

Good times

dukes hwy bordertown
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2005, 11:41:17 PM »
Yes I didn't want to go into it either but it was rather interesting, I just hope that someone gets told that you listen to the Hazmat officer!!

strikeathird

dukes hwy bordertown
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2005, 12:47:14 AM »
At the end of the day, they will always have the reply " I'm only a volunteer"....  But i still dont think "flying off the handle" on the Government Radio Network should go un-punished.

Offline Mike

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
dukes hwy bordertown
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2005, 09:01:36 AM »
Hmmmm, there is no place for "colourful" language on any radio we use.

Anyways,

What substances were involved??