Author Topic: Group and Brigade Rivalries  (Read 20691 times)

Offline 24P

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: Group and Brigade Rivalries
« Reply #25 on: March 22, 2007, 07:26:31 PM »
the rumour is that the 30 MFS responded brigades will be moving to SACAD in a months time and I find it difficult to understand how SACAD is going to fix the problems when there has been little or no consultation in terms of areas and things like who we think would be the closest appliance at certain times of the day.
Where did you come across this info? Are'nt the MFS still going to be doing the CRD?  If it is the case then i would suggest the MFS have done the deciding for you.
Don't look back. Something might be gaining on you.

pumprescue

« Reply #26 on: March 23, 2007, 01:19:05 AM »
I suggest you all speak to HQ about SACAD, 99% of what is written on here is incorrect, HQ can fill you in on all the details. But there has been one point made that is true, boundries will only be for the purposes of paperwork, when it comes to an incident, they will mean nothing.

I would venture to say SACAD will be one of the biggest, if not biggest change to the emergency services ever, I hope you all look at it with open eye's, it will be hard for some of the old stick in the mud's, or the dynasty group officers.

It has to be better than (and I quote a real instance of when I dialled 000 in a country area I was passing through)

"You are being connected to ****** Country Fire Service"

Female answers " Hello"

I answer "have I reached the fire service?"

Female says "Hang on I will get my husband"

WHAT THE HELL !!!!!!!!!!

It has to be better than this Dad's Army system we have now, professional call takers at last !! From what I understand from the roadshow, ALERTS will only be a backup system, will all be direct paging.

SACAD will only be as good as the data WE put into it, so come on people, lets embrace this and help the new system get off the ground.

As for brigade rivalry, its like football teams, cricket teams, it won't change. I am sure cave men had rivalries to, its just how we humans are !

ltdan

« Reply #27 on: March 23, 2007, 02:38:40 AM »
"pumprescue"

why would I want to talk to hq, when I can get my answers from region. 

people are optimistic cos the region are.

you state that the information is incorrect, well you tell us if you have the answers. (facts not fiction)

Anyone can have a roadshow and make something look pretty and if I remember when the roadshows went around a lot of questions were asked with no answers given "reason they did not no".

I do not disagree "pumprescue" when it comes in and works correctly it will be good for the service we are in, and the community we serve.  But their will be anger and frustration for the brigades who are not confident with the system.  You state about "dad's army"  you need to remember they are part of the service and they are part of the team.  It is our responsibility as a whole to help these core team people to understand and accept change instead of knocking.

:-)

I hope it does go well  :-) for the sake of the community :-)

Offline 5271rescue

• Forum Group Officer
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 23, 2007, 06:19:26 AM »
what and see what happens it still has to get of the ground(SACAD) and who is going to run it the MFS or SAFECOM????
blinky bill
my view only

pumprescue

« Reply #29 on: March 24, 2007, 01:24:49 PM »
The best way to ease the fears is to be part of the process, and all brigades and group are the one's that will be telling SACAD the information. If you don't provide the info, then don't blame the system. Think of everything now, landmarks, local names, etc etc. The system is only as good as the data you collect. My brigade has sat down with all the streets and special risks in our area and revisited what we currently do and then submitted that to group for when SACAD visit us. Some may see this as a pain in the backside, but a little bit of work now and we can finally have a proffesional system in place, I for one am looking forward to it.

No more of the "I think that's who we will respond, sounds good" or "lets dump the entire group, but not respond a brigade 10 times closer because they are not in our group" or worse still "State HQ, this is so and so captain, I will jump in the ute and check out that alarm, no need for brigade response" completely ignoring COSO's.

In this day and age, its simply not good enough to do those things anymore, the community expects a better service than that, and its up to us to provide.

Here is to a brighter and more organised future.  :-)

Offline bittenyakka

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 24, 2007, 03:15:22 PM »
do we have a time line for the introduction of SACAD?

ltdan

« Reply #31 on: March 24, 2007, 03:41:44 PM »
here, here,

Offline CFS_Firey

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 24, 2007, 05:24:53 PM »
No

Offline Smallflame

• Forum Senior Firefighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 28, 2007, 02:17:50 PM »

2050 AD  :-D

Offline Blue

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 28, 2007, 11:49:34 PM »

2050 AD  :-D

Ah good, the Cyborg Employment Act 2047 will be in place by then  :-D

Offline SA Firey

• Forum Group Officer
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 29, 2007, 12:50:01 AM »
So you have done all your changes and response areas and sent all the paperwork back in, but herein lies the problem.MFS havent changed the data base YET
Images are copyright

Offline RescueHazmat

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 29, 2007, 01:31:02 PM »
Give it time. SACAD is yet to take effect, and there is ALOT of data input required..

Im sure its not far from the horizon.. 

8-)
« Last Edit: March 30, 2007, 11:08:28 AM by RescueHazmat »

Offline Pipster

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 29, 2007, 05:45:42 PM »
Victoria went to a similar sort of system some time ago...and had two (paid)people working on the collection of the data...from memory, from what we were told, it took them seven years to collect the data across the state...if anyone else can clarify that for me...it was a while ago that we had the official presentation on this subject...   :|

Pip
There are three types of people in the world.  Those that watch things happen, those who make things happen, and those who wonder what happened.

Offline Camo

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • Compton CFS Website
« Reply #38 on: March 29, 2007, 06:25:47 PM »
victoria is also alot more complex then SA.

Compton CFS Website
http://www.compton.sacfs.org

Offline littlejohn

• Forum Senior Firefighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 29, 2007, 07:24:14 PM »
victoria is also alot more complex then SA.

We SA folk are a simple lot, wouldn't you say?

Offline Zippy

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 29, 2007, 07:57:04 PM »
Reckon the good old Google Maps API will be featured in SACAD???....would certainly be good for the open community to have bushfire warnings visually presented on a map.

Offline 5271rescue

• Forum Group Officer
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 30, 2007, 08:04:27 AM »
Pip, you are correct it took just over 7 years to collect all data  and then review it send it back out to brigade's and groups and then start the test period. Victoria is a lot bigger and there where also other issues with MFS/SES/PORTS/ and other goverment agencys... How ever its been working well with a few hick ups  but now works better is its under the control of EMS and not intergraph......but that is another story....
blinky bill
my view only

Offline mack

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 31, 2007, 01:04:57 PM »
Pip, you are correct it took just over 7 years to collect all data  and then review it send it back out to brigade's and groups and then start the test period.

lol and how many new estates, roads etc popped up in the meantime....
« Last Edit: March 31, 2007, 05:05:25 PM by CFS_Firey »

Offline CFS_Firey

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 31, 2007, 05:08:52 PM »
Victoria is a lot bigger and there where also other issues with MFS/SES/PORTS/ and other goverment agencys...
I always thought Victoria was a lot smaller than SA... and don't we have lots of government agencies as well? :|

Offline Scania_1

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 31, 2007, 05:22:37 PM »
Vic has a lot more streets/people/towns than SA. SA has a lot of wasteland and deserts.

Offline Blue

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: March 31, 2007, 05:28:40 PM »
Victoria is a lot bigger and there where also other issues with MFS/SES/PORTS/ and other goverment agencys...
I always thought Victoria was a lot smaller than SA... and don't we have lots of government agencies as well? :|

Over four times the size I think. Maybe 5271rescue meant that there are more people per unit of area in Victoria? That's certainly the case. Higher population, denser population, more life risk over a greater percentage of the state than SA - we're all spread out here, prefer not to live in each others pockets  :lol: And yep, a whole host of goverment agencies.

Ath what you call wasteland and deserts comprises some of the most stunning natural scenery South Australia has to offer. I highly reccommend a trip up north  :-)

Offline Pipster

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 31, 2007, 06:43:35 PM »
And many more fire brigades across the state of Victoria, than SA...

Pip
There are three types of people in the world.  Those that watch things happen, those who make things happen, and those who wonder what happened.

Offline Scania_1

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 31, 2007, 07:26:31 PM »
there are not too many streets/roads in the desert. I lived in Whyalla for 4 years, theres not much to see. :-D :-D

Offline 5271rescue

• Forum Group Officer
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 01, 2007, 07:17:46 AM »
sorry about that,I ment VIC as more streets/roads/towns/and so on and as pip said more fire brigade's than SA and lots of urban risks... So have they worked out who is going to run SACAD is it going to be the MFS or safecom????? My understanding is MFS as they already do CFS paging.......
blinky bill
my view only

Offline Darius

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 01, 2007, 08:56:42 AM »
MFS Comcen will be doing the paging for SACAD, but there is a lot more to SACAD than just paging.

SAFECOM are the administrative/beauracratic layer on top, they don't run anything operationally-speaking.