Author Topic: Brigade Websites  (Read 3670 times)

Offline CyberCitizen

• Forum Lieutenant
  • Fire Fighter
    • View Profile
    • http://myspace.com/cfsfirey
Brigade Websites
« on: May 06, 2005, 03:30:38 PM »
Just a quick question.  We are looking at creating a brigade website to help draw in members & also use it as an information post.  I was wondering are they any requirements by the CFS in regards to the information or images posted.

I understand we can't show casualties, but things like a car accident with the rego plate not visable.  Would this type of thing be suitable.

Offline CFS_Firey

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Brigade Websites
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2005, 04:51:34 PM »
Excellent question.. I've been wondering the same thing...
Also, does any one know if its possible to get a subdomain of cfs.org.au? (ie have www.stirling.cfs.org.au)

Offline Firefrog

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Brigade Websites
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2005, 07:05:58 PM »
Not sure about CFS policy but a review of many of the current cfs sites suggest that general info and incident photos are fine, providing that certain precautions are taken on the nature of the images.

We aim to launch a web page service for brigades sometime in the future, but we are happy to discuss your brigades needs now.

We can provide www.yourbrigade.safirefighter.com web address, design and hosting.

Or www.yourbrigade.com web address, design and hosting.

More info later in the year.

Offline CyberCitizen

• Forum Lieutenant
  • Fire Fighter
    • View Profile
    • http://myspace.com/cfsfirey
Brigade Websites
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2005, 03:22:26 PM »
Quote from: CFS_firey
Excellent question.. I've been wondering the same thing...
Also, does any one know if its possible to get a subdomain of cfs.org.au? (ie have www.stirling.cfs.org.au)
I Like That Idea. Subdomains Of CFS.  Does That Mean That They Will Have To Host The Site's Then?

Offline CFS_Firey

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Brigade Websites
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2005, 04:03:04 PM »
Quote from: CyberCitizen
I Like That Idea. Subdomains Of CFS.  Does That Mean That They Will Have To Host The Site's Then?

It depends on what setup they have... It's technically possible to point it anywhere, but there would be situations where you can't, or they don't want to make it possible... Butr then again, if the CFS was hosting for free, that would be awesome...

rescue5271

Re: Brigade Websites
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2005, 09:59:35 PM »
My wife and I are in the process of doing a Naracoorte site we had to get permission from the region to use the CFS star and the taxi sign there are rules that you have to follow on brigade web sites and you can get that from your region about 3 pages full...