Author Topic: Car Fires  (Read 5311 times)

Offline Scania_1

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Car Fires
« on: April 06, 2007, 12:24:24 PM »
03:50:58 06-04-07 FLEX-A    ALPHA  1600  SHQ: *CFSRES: CURRENCY CREEK REPOND VEHCILE FIRE, AIRPORT RD, GOOLWA AIRPORT. CAR FIRE GOING WELL... > 06/04/2007 3:49:10 AM  -= CFS Currency Creek response =-

Is Currency Creek BA? If not shouldnt Goolwa have been responded also??

Offline SA Firey

• Forum Group Officer
    • View Profile
Re: Car Fires
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2007, 12:38:14 PM »
I would have thought a two brigade response seeing as its at the airport,who knows it could have been next to a building :-o
Images are copyright

Offline Pipster

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2007, 02:12:27 PM »
Perhaps it should have been 2 brigade response, but with police in attendance at the time the brigade got the call, I would have thought by the time the brigade got there, there wouldn't have been a lot left of the car..... I am not saying that Currency Creek has a slow response time - but if they got the truck out in say 6 minutes, and then travelled to the call, lets say 4 minutes (I have no idea how far away it was) then 10 minutes of a car fire going well it would have just about been out!!

As it was, from the radio chatter, it would appear the the location given, and where the car was found were quite different, and the brigade had some difficulty finding it

Besides, if you don't have BA for a car fire, you just work defensively....

Pip

PS I don't think it was actually at the airfield....it sounded more like it was on the side of the road

There are three types of people in the world.  Those that watch things happen, those who make things happen, and those who wonder what happened.

Offline Scania_1

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2007, 02:58:27 PM »
Looking at the map book (Mt Lofty 96A) the Airfield is only slightly closer to Currency Creek than Goolwa so it would have made sense to send Goolwa as well anyway.

Offline Alan (Big Al)

• Forum Captain
  • CRUMPETS
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2007, 03:11:26 PM »
Yeah i thought it weird that we weren't called as GO's always respond a BA brigade to car fires but not this time i guess. Will have to ask next time i see one??
Lt. Goolwa CFS

Offline Pipster

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2007, 12:21:34 AM »
Maybe they slept through the pager...    :evil:

Pip
There are three types of people in the world.  Those that watch things happen, those who make things happen, and those who wonder what happened.

Offline 5271rescue

• Forum Group Officer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2007, 07:52:04 AM »
Find out who took the call and take em behind the shed :roll:
blinky bill
my view only

Offline SA Firey

• Forum Group Officer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2007, 12:45:57 AM »
Find out who took the call and take em behind the shed :roll:
Naracoorte's answer to not playing by the rules eh Bill :lol:
Images are copyright

Offline mack

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2007, 09:02:00 AM »
SOP for a vehicle fire first alarm is 1x local appliance, plus closest Ba appliance if no CABA on local

on the other hand though; SOCC dont have information readily available to tell them which brigades are not CABA, and so this may pose a problem to the newer OCOs.

Offline Pipster

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2007, 11:17:22 AM »
It seems a bit sad that CFS as a whole do not seem to have a resource directory, which details who has what resources around the state - equipment, or even what appliances brigades have .  (How many people know what 14's exist on the Lower Eyre Peninsula, and if they are actually 14's or QAV's?)

The old Regional Directory used to detail alot of this, but the new ones lost a lot of that info.

Oh well, people will just have to go to the CFS Promotions Unit website for that info!!   :-D

Pip

PS If anyone wants to check the info about their brigade on the Promo website at www.fire-brigade.asn.au  and update anything, no matter how minor, please do!!

I am particularly keen to capture data about brigade trailers & what they carry.  <end shameless promotion>    :mrgreen:

Offline 5271rescue

• Forum Group Officer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2007, 03:14:07 PM »
They did have that some yaers ago but the region resource book was cut in size and what information was in it as to who had what(caba/hazmat/rcr) may be its time that SHQ and regions looked at the book that comes out now and go back to the old book that had more information in it..... One can only hope that with SACAD that all information will be stored in it correctly and that if one was to take a call for any type of gfire all the info will be there and it should be....
blinky bill
my view only

pumprescue

« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2007, 10:19:05 PM »
This is probably one of the best reasons for having a CAD system and why we are going to a CAD system, in this day and age we need something professional, not saying the current CFS staff are unprofessional, but look what they have to work with, it can't be easy !!