Author Topic: CFS Trailers  (Read 23741 times)

Offline Hair

• Forum Firefighter
    • View Profile
Re: CFS Trailers
« Reply #25 on: May 31, 2007, 08:48:10 PM »
Southern Yorke Group have a trailer for a portable dam plus a strike team trailer. Strike team trailer is towed behind a command car, thus keeping crews personal belongings safe and off of appliances.

Offline Morgan

• Forum Senior Firefighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 31, 2007, 09:22:44 PM »
« Reply #24 on: Today at 10:35:14 PM »   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
AFAIK Ardrossans trailer is a Regional compressor trailer to service the Yorke Peninsula

the things u learn was with them for like 5 yrs counting cadet time and never new it was regional....does explain why it was popular :-P lol

Offline 5271rescue

• Forum Group Officer
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 02, 2007, 02:47:18 PM »
region five have a BBQ trailer
blinky bill
my view only

probie_boy

« Reply #28 on: June 03, 2007, 05:53:15 PM »
i believe burnside have a BA compressor trailer, I just dont think they can get it out of their station

Offline 24P

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 03, 2007, 08:17:47 PM »
region five have a BBQ trailer
Is that a new addition or have they had it for a while?
Don't look back. Something might be gaining on you.

uniden

« Reply #30 on: June 03, 2007, 09:58:50 PM »
A picture of Burnside BA Compressor in its hidey hole back in 2004.

Offline Blue

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 05, 2007, 05:54:12 PM »
Hmm, what a top idea, get a trailer that allows us to fill cylinders at a job, next to all the smoke that BA is supposed to protect us from   :-P  :-D

Offline bittenyakka

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 05, 2007, 05:59:58 PM »
Nah Blue it's So Burnside can stay at sustained HAZMAT jobs :-D :-D

probie_boy

« Reply #33 on: June 05, 2007, 08:14:58 PM »
sorry i forgot to add that dalkeith has a BA trailer to the best of my knowledge too, but they can get theirs out of their station!

Offline 5271rescue

• Forum Group Officer
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 10, 2007, 12:54:50 PM »
the new BBQ trailer was revamped as the old one was way to HOt when you had to light it...The new one is great to use BBq at rear and drinks box at the front....
blinky bill
my view only

Offline Blue

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 29, 2007, 03:52:06 PM »

Er, ok...then replace the word 'smoke' with 'hiddeously toxic substance requiring the use of extra PPE' .....???  :?

Yes please, I'd like some air with my monochloroethylene diphalate, ta  :lol:

Offline Footy

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 29, 2007, 07:30:49 PM »
is that big word just one you came up with at 3am blue??
Next you will try and tell us that its chemical formula is something along the lines of

C2H3Cl

Offline CFS_Firey

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 30, 2007, 12:49:03 AM »

Er, ok...then replace the word 'smoke' with 'hiddeously toxic substance requiring the use of extra PPE' .....???  :?

Yes please, I'd like some air with my monochloroethylene diphalate, ta  :lol:
Don't the two white cylinders lying down in the trailer have fresh compressed air free from any monochloroethylene diphalate contamination?  (Ignoring the obvious "they wouldn't do that responses" :P)

Offline Blue

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 09, 2007, 05:07:06 PM »
Ah, thanks CFS_Firey for injecting some logic and useful information into the discussion  :-D - so the only air used to refill cylinders is in the banks on the trailer, and said banks are not topped up during the job. Is that right?

Offline Smokey Bear

• Forum Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 09, 2007, 06:24:36 PM »
One would hope the trailer was upwind and well away from the incident anyway.  :wink:

uniden

« Reply #40 on: July 09, 2007, 06:31:56 PM »
You need 3 phase power to run the compressor to fill the banks, which isnt usually available on the fire ground.

Offline Robert-Robert34

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 09, 2007, 08:44:19 PM »
Kalangadoo has a quick fill pump trailer although we havent gotten around to changing the radio inside the control box as were undecided as to wether were gonna have a UHF or VHF radio

Before anyone asks what has a radio got to do with a pump being worked i'll explain.... when the Kalangadoo CFS pump trailer was designed the main aim was to provide brigades with a pump that could be placed at any static water supply during a major rural fire so they had somewhere to fill up

Thats where the idea of having a pump trailer that could be activated keying in a special code using the truck VHF radio microphone which then would be recieved by the pump trailer receiver if keyed in properly would turn on the pump automatically

In the event of mopping up during night time the pump trailer was also added with a green beacon and flood lights so if brigades were to fill up in the dark they would know the location of the pump trailer/water supply cause once the pump trailer is activated the green beacon and spot lights would turn on along with the pump  :-)

Why do i know about this you ask :-D well because my father was the brains behind this brigade project  :wink: 

« Last Edit: July 09, 2007, 08:47:38 PM by Robert34 »
Kalangadoo Brigade

Offline 5271rescue

• Forum Group Officer
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 09, 2007, 09:26:14 PM »
the doo trailer pump is a good set up..........
blinky bill
my view only

Offline Robert-Robert34

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 10, 2007, 04:14:31 PM »
Thats it blinky our trailer was made to be seen and heard  :-D
Kalangadoo Brigade

Offline bajdas

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 10, 2007, 07:09:47 PM »
One would hope the trailer was upwind and well away from the incident anyway.  :wink:

Do CFS stations & thus potential staging areas to a larger scale incident, have 3 phase power to possibly use the facility ?
Andrew Macmichael
lives at Pt Noarlunga South.

My personal opinion only.

Offline CFS_Firey

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: July 10, 2007, 07:37:46 PM »

Do CFS stations & thus potential staging areas to a larger scale incident, have 3 phase power to possibly use the facility ?
I'd say it depends on the station - many of the old sirens (and possibly the new ones too) run on 3-phase power, so those stations have 3 phase power...  (although they might not have sockets...)

Offline Pipster

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 10, 2007, 07:46:05 PM »
I believe there is at least one Group around who has the BA Compressor, and a trailer with a generator capable of running the Compressor......

Pip
There are three types of people in the world.  Those that watch things happen, those who make things happen, and those who wonder what happened.

Offline Zippy

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 10, 2007, 07:55:40 PM »

I'd say it depends on the station - many of the old sirens (and possibly the new ones too) run on 3-phase power, so those stations have 3 phase power...  (although they might not have sockets...)

hehe wouldnt want to rock up to a station askin youve got three phase power cos uve got a fire siren  :evil:   "no sorry...its a single phase siren :P"

Offline mattthefirey

• Forum Firefighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 01, 2007, 08:00:38 PM »
i believe that Heysen group has a BA trailer that is often used by strath group to fill cylinders during jobs an no it doesn't go to the job it is taken to strath base and run there.
my opinion only

Offline JamesGar

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • Belair CFS
« Reply #49 on: August 02, 2007, 01:57:46 PM »
Yankalilla CFS and the Southern Fleurieu Group has a 3 Phase generator in a Trailer (Ex Moomba) 6 Cyl Diesel Engine run's the gen set. Purchased prior to 1999-2000 NYE excitement.  It can probably run half of the town as well as the all the Station!
James Gardiner
Belair CFS