Author Topic: Brigade induction  (Read 2604 times)

Offline littlejohn

• Forum Senior Firefighter
    • View Profile
Brigade induction
« on: June 07, 2007, 08:48:45 PM »
I've heard a rumour that such a process exists. Am I the only one who's not been through it?

Do all (other) brigades go through it? If so, is there a manual of some sort - obtainable from group or region? Is it a worthwhile process, or full of more bureaucratic bs?

Offline mengcfs

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: Brigade induction
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2007, 12:03:45 PM »
Mosts Brigades have their own member induction which may consist of a Brigade consideration for membership form being completed, an interview then taken to the Brigade meeting for discussion and/or approvl/rejection. There are also new member induction packages available from Region. You also have to remember the standard things like criminal history background check etc.
Each Brigade conducts new member inductions differently and some Brigades don't have one.

Offline Kenny

• Forum Recruit
    • View Profile
    • My current hobby
Re: Brigade induction
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2007, 04:23:14 PM »
I had to run through the truck bay naked and then sweep the gutters out.... i thought that was pretty much standard though?:S

haha nah, ive just finished my lot of training and basically, it comes down to you finishing your training, getting signed off, then your name going up at the brigade meeting with a yes/no acceptance.

I would presume some brigades would have different processes after that, but thats pretty much a standard start i would imagine