Author Topic: Interesting Fire and Emergency Related Paging  (Read 4562518 times)

Offline Hazmat206

• Forum Lieutenant
  • Adelaide 206 respond to reduced Hazmat...
    • View Profile
Re: Interesting Fire and Emergency Related Paging
« Reply #1475 on: December 26, 2008, 08:28:59 AM »
I thought a pod truck was '23?. Merry christmas!
206 to Adelaide fire,Incident #59,situation found 440, action taken 41,K45, over

Offline SA Firey

• Forum Group Officer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1476 on: December 26, 2008, 08:41:23 AM »
I thought a pod truck was '23?. Merry christmas!
Nope 23 is the Salvage Pod :wink:
Images are copyright

Offline Zippy

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1477 on: December 26, 2008, 09:20:36 AM »
A few numbers were changed eariler this year...i think the Heavy Rescue Pod is 2047 ??

i think 2017 could be the BA Pod...something that i cant remember for once! woo

Offline SA Firey

• Forum Group Officer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1478 on: December 26, 2008, 09:47:30 AM »
A few numbers were changed eariler this year...i think the Heavy Rescue Pod is 2047 ??

i think 2017 could be the BA Pod...something that i cant remember for once! woo
2017 is the 1st Hook Lift Truck....2016 is the BA Pod Zippy :wink:
Images are copyright

Darren

« Reply #1479 on: December 26, 2008, 12:18:02 PM »
The Hook trucks are 2017, 2037 and 2047 - the callsign 2016 only comes about when the normal 206 is off the run, the PODS don't change the callsign.

Offline Hazmat206

• Forum Lieutenant
  • Adelaide 206 respond to reduced Hazmat...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1480 on: December 28, 2008, 04:57:36 PM »
MFS: *CFSRES INC037 28/12/08 16:03,RESPOND COMMERCIAL FIRE,CHURCHILL RD,KILBURN MAP 93 P 10 TG182,2ND ALARM. 361 SO WHITE ON SCENE,AD2015 ADL206 AD2091 OAK303 PAD251 WDV243

2091- can someone clarify this, 2090 is first comms. bus, 2092 is second? according to a cfs website....
206 to Adelaide fire,Incident #59,situation found 440, action taken 41,K45, over

Offline Zippy

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1481 on: December 28, 2008, 06:05:13 PM »
it was 2090 at the job....but as for WHICH 2090, who knows.

Offline Pipster

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1482 on: December 28, 2008, 11:22:56 PM »
The brand new 2090 was there....photos to come soon....

Pip
There are three types of people in the world.  Those that watch things happen, those who make things happen, and those who wonder what happened.

Offline SA Firey

• Forum Group Officer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1483 on: December 29, 2008, 05:20:28 PM »
LTHT INFO: SEEING WE DID A LOT OF MAINTENANCE LAST WEEK, WE WILL BE HAVING SOME CHALLENGES FOR TONIGHTS TRAINING, NAMELY GUITAR HERO ON THE WII. DON''T MISS IT! - CAPT CFS Littlehampton Info
Images are copyright

Offline Zippy

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1484 on: December 30, 2008, 11:42:57 AM »
MRPH INFO; OPERATIONAL BULLETIN #21 AND ASSOCIATED SOP's ARE IN YOUR PIGEON HOLE IT IS VERY IMPORTANT YOU READ AND UNDERSTAND THESE SOP's IN PARTICULAR IF YOU ARE THE OIC OF FIRST ARRIVING APPLIANCE. BRG .CPT. - MAWSON BASE CFS Morphett Vale Info

Anyone in the know of what the bulletin relates too?

Offline Darius

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1485 on: December 31, 2008, 08:19:10 AM »
« Last Edit: December 31, 2008, 08:25:55 AM by Darius »

Offline Zippy

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1486 on: December 31, 2008, 09:30:11 AM »
they keep forgetting to say Talkgroups only take up Tower capacity if someone actually PTT's!

Leaving a radio on 124 24/7,  the nearest tower will only broadcast 124's voice traffic when somebody's talking.  Otherwise, your just on the tower control channel like everyone else.

Offline JC

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1487 on: December 31, 2008, 09:58:01 AM »
We even got the SAAS reminder at work. Even though we only switch the GRN on when we are doing a transport to town. Must be subject of the month.
Roxby Downs CFS
Lt 2
BHP ESO

Offline Hockey 1

• Forum Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #1488 on: December 31, 2008, 08:37:21 PM »
I think you'll find that the relevant service is billed for time that each GRN radio is turned on. 

Offline Zippy

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1489 on: January 01, 2009, 11:19:29 AM »
eh...no.  Its a fixed cost contract for providing the service to the services.

Offline Darius

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1490 on: January 01, 2009, 07:15:28 PM »
I think you'll find that the relevant service is billed for time that each GRN radio is turned on. 

not that chestnut again, that's incorrect, it doesn't work like that.

the nearest tower will only broadcast 124's voice traffic when somebody's talking

Zippy, yes largely correct, if no traffic is on the talkgroup then no site voice frequency (ie. 'resource') is in use, but the radio is still using a 'slot' on the system (for your radio ID) and still taking up some space ('bandwidth' if you like) on the inter-site links, but that is all pretty minimal compared to using a site voice freq.

The biggest problem is people who are at an incident and have a radio on a talkgroup that is not being used as part of that incident, as traffic on that 'non-incident talkgroup' is then taking up local site resources that could be being used for talkgroups to run the incident, therefore increasing the likelihood of network busies for everyone, compromising the running of the incident and in the end, everyone's safety.

misterteddy

« Reply #1491 on: January 01, 2009, 07:20:30 PM »
The biggest problem is people who are at an incident and have a radio on a talkgroup that is not being used as part of that incident, as traffic on that 'non-incident talkgroup' is then taking up local site resources that could be being used for talkgroups to run the incident, therefore increasing the likelihood of network busies for everyone, compromising the running of the incident and in the end, everyone's safety.

yeah yeah yeah.....but we will all do it when something sounds like its going well.....so lets move on, human nature is what it is.....despite the Op Bulletins. If its an issue...go simplex local area only - oh yeah....CFS dont do that do they  :lol:

Offline Mike

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1492 on: January 03, 2009, 08:24:22 PM »
We dont all do it actually... Im sure you like everyone else misterteddy has spat the dummy over network busies, however its that attitude that compounds the problem.

They will (& do) check talkgroup usage at large incidents if network busies are prominent... and i certainly dont want to be on the recieving end of a serve from my GO when he questions us about misuse of talkgroups. If the incident concerns you that much, ring your base and ask.

*end rant* :) ;)

Offline jaff

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1493 on: January 04, 2009, 12:17:20 AM »
Rant rating 3/10 .  No filtered swearing, no real pouting  and no foot stomping, much too learn glasshopper! :-D
Just Another Filtered Fireman

Offline Robert-Robert34

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1494 on: January 04, 2009, 06:54:59 AM »
They will (& do) check talkgroup usage at large incidents if network busies are prominent... and i certainly dont want to be on the recieving end of a serve from my GO when he questions us about misuse of talkgroups. If the incident concerns you that much, ring your base and ask.

Or buy something which they call a scanner and monitor an incident on it that way wont get a serve from your GO about misuse of talkgroups  :lol:
Kalangadoo Brigade

Offline Mike

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1495 on: January 04, 2009, 12:00:51 PM »
Rant rating 3/10 .  No filtered swearing, no real pouting  and no foot stomping, much too learn glasshopper! :-D

Online ranting is a skill to be aquired, and i do have to set at least a slightly example ;) Face to face ranting is much more fun!

misterteddy

« Reply #1496 on: January 04, 2009, 01:23:07 PM »
We dont all do it actually... Im sure you like everyone else misterteddy has spat the dummy over network busies, however its that attitude that compounds the problem.

*end rant* :) ;)

bah......when ur finished in fantasy land, your welcome to rejoin the real world. OOOOOH.....a serve from my GO, now thats a shake in my boots sort of encounter.

As for spitting the dummy with busies.....nah, why waste effort about what happens with a GRN radio....its an accessory, if it works, great, when it doesnt, life still continues, fires still get extinguished and jobs still run. They didnt work at Mt Osmond, or Onka Goerge, or Mt Bold.....so don't get reliant on them when the big one comes to a location near you. In fact, it would be really nice when the big one does happen, to be able to switch the filtered thing off rather than listen to the endless drivel that ties up hours of talkgroup time. Brevity would be a nice concept for all concerned (MFS, CFS and SES) to understand. Maybe we should go back to VHF line of sight comms....if u cant see the fire, you dont need to know about it - but sadly i dont think our systemic need to control would allow that.

Offline Zippy

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1497 on: January 04, 2009, 02:53:04 PM »
the mfs seem's to have it way better,  just have the 150 dribble away ignore it, and pay attention to the local simplex 182 for your incident.

Imagine never having to report to your local station or group base ever again. 

Have Group Forward Command posts for higher alarm incidents.

Everyone in Region 1 Listen to 124...give Arrival's, Requests, upgrades, stop messages to Adelaide Fire. 

All other comm's would just be done via the simplex "line of sight radios".
« Last Edit: January 04, 2009, 03:03:31 PM by Zippy »

Offline Pipster

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1498 on: January 04, 2009, 05:23:00 PM »
And imagine, no sitreps, the incident escalates to something waaayy too big, and no-one else knows about it...

Pip
There are three types of people in the world.  Those that watch things happen, those who make things happen, and those who wonder what happened.

Offline Zippy

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1499 on: January 04, 2009, 06:01:33 PM »
hmmm, true. But, im with Mister-teddy, Incident Controlling with Less worry about the Radio may or may not be a good thing.

As for MFS,  pretty much the purpose of 2090 is to act as the "Group Base" for Higher Alarm/Risk incidents, and 2090 feed stuff back to adelaide fire nearly every 5-15mins while operational.

Wouldnt mind seeing 2090 operate a rural job some day. Incident controller and Operations officer can sit in comfort heh.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2009, 06:09:51 PM by Zippy »

anything