Author Topic: Interesting Fire and Emergency Related Paging  (Read 4562637 times)

Offline Baxter

• Forum Senior Firefighter
  • ho ho ho its fire fighting time
    • View Profile
Re: Interesting Fire and Emergency Related Paging
« Reply #1675 on: February 01, 2009, 06:42:54 PM »
I remember a few year back that the lightening kept us busy in the parks I hope that it does not happen again. Mind you with the page from  R4HQ today about a thunderstorm bring it on as I like some natural air con for change. As  yet no rain or cloud cover to be seen here or in the region
keep it simple for sanity skes please

Offline Bagyassfirey

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1676 on: February 01, 2009, 06:47:07 PM »
na malleefire its alll gone for today...only a couple down around marrabel and angaston...more forecast 4 2mora arvo

Offline Bagyassfirey

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1677 on: February 03, 2009, 02:35:51 PM »
TEAM 3 CLEANING DUTIES NEXT TO WEEKS. STATION OPEN 1900 HOURS TONIGHT SENIOR THREE CFS Salisbury Info

ive seen this a few times and found interesting that it states a time that the station is open...does not every salisbury memebr have access to station??

uniden

« Reply #1678 on: February 03, 2009, 03:57:28 PM »
Quite a few of the bigger stations/brigades do not give keys/codes to all members.

Offline Bagyassfirey

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1679 on: February 03, 2009, 04:04:25 PM »
hmmmm fair enough............. :?

Offline Firey9119

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1680 on: February 03, 2009, 06:29:08 PM »
TEAM 3 CLEANING DUTIES NEXT TO WEEKS. STATION OPEN 1900 HOURS TONIGHT SENIOR THREE CFS Salisbury Info

ive seen this a few times and found interesting that it states a time that the station is open...does not every salisbury memebr have access to station??

NOPE not every one has/need access to the station.
Phillip H
Salisbury CFS (Para Group)
FireFighter
(Firey9119)

Offline Bagyassfirey

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1681 on: February 03, 2009, 06:37:39 PM »
so at what point does someone decide when someone can have the door code???

Offline bajdas

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1682 on: February 03, 2009, 07:45:25 PM »
Interesting that SES were consistently paged out to Task xx and not Inc xx during the early hours of this morning, was this just an individual operator thing?
How many jobs do SES let stack before they default to another agency and will the new agreement "closest most appropriate" allow this to continue?

The database used at SES SCC is setup based on taskings. That is the terminology used for many years.

It is a seperate system from BOMS or CFS databases while we await the integrated SACAD system. Thus it is not being upgraded.

The tasking load is handled by the OIC within the Unit & Region. Extra SES resources (this includes some CFS brigades) were deployed during the weekend to specific areas & SES recce's were done.

What we has call takers, and the priority automatically allocated, is sometimes not the actual priority given by the OIC after recce. Dont believe everything you see on pager messages.

Not every tree down job needs a resource within 10 minutes. In quite a few taskings the crews were awaiting electrical line clearance anyway.
Andrew Macmichael
lives at Pt Noarlunga South.

My personal opinion only.

Offline Katrina

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1683 on: February 03, 2009, 07:47:56 PM »
Sometimes the station open note on the pager refers to the group store being open for getting "stuff" from whoever is in charge of handing it out. Not so much a case of actually getting into the station (I have not idea if that is the case with Salisbury but I know that is how it is with some of the other groups)
Katrina
Wattle Range
(Davi)

Offline Bagyassfirey

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1684 on: February 03, 2009, 07:51:56 PM »
i think firey9119 indicated that NO not everyone has access to station. personally i think thats lame as lame

misterteddy

« Reply #1685 on: February 03, 2009, 08:46:02 PM »
Quite a few of the bigger stations/brigades do not give keys/codes to all members.

care to name them?

Offline The Stig

• Forum Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #1686 on: February 04, 2009, 02:59:40 AM »
i think firey9119 indicated that NO not everyone has access to station. personally i think thats lame as lame

No, what is lame is that when there is free access to all, things get stolen, damage gets done and people abuse privileges.
"Some say that he sucks the moisture from ducks, and that his crash helmet is modelled on Britney Spears’ head..."

Offline straps

• Forum Senior Firefighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1687 on: February 04, 2009, 08:18:04 AM »
1930456 09:17:49 04-02-09 F67 HELLO CAN U CALL ON AIR PLSE FOR CAT 2 1ST RESPONSE TO OSBORNE, EMERG CLOSEST IS WCH TO CLEAR, CALL ON T.G. 2

Yet to clear WCH for a case at Osborne.... Obviously light on for emerg resources in the west...

Offline Zippy

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1688 on: February 04, 2009, 08:20:40 AM »
ATS+, emerg jobs get them out of the elderly transfer cycle ;)

Offline Bagyassfirey

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1689 on: February 04, 2009, 08:24:30 AM »

No, what is lame is that when there is free access to all, things get stolen, damage gets done and people abuse privileges.

well Mr Stig if this is the case and u identify them tot he point u don give them the code for this reason...GIVE THEM THE FLICK!

Offline The Stig

• Forum Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #1690 on: February 04, 2009, 09:01:54 AM »

well Mr Stig if this is the case and u identify them tot he point u don give them the code for this reason...GIVE THEM THE FLICK!

That is the problem, most people who steal stuff don't often
own up to it when asked. Apart from installing expensive cameras etc. It is easier to regulate who comes and goes.

It's how it works in most business prems now days, why should CFS be any different?

Yes it sucks and the bad ones spoil it for everyone but that's life.
"Some say that he sucks the moisture from ducks, and that his crash helmet is modelled on Britney Spears’ head..."

Offline Bagyassfirey

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1691 on: February 04, 2009, 09:04:42 AM »
hmmm yea it sure does suck...our door code is printed in big letters on a pole near our station so we don forget the code  :-D

Offline chook

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1692 on: February 04, 2009, 10:55:29 AM »
One of my old units had that problem - open access, stuff going "missing".
Some managers were bought in from other units to run things for awhile, one of the first things they did was photograph everything & told everyone that the first time something disappears they would call the police in as a first step.
Funny the stealing stopped! And gear suddenly re-appeared. Then when I took over, got rid of the people who weren't quite up to speed/ or unsuitable for our type of work - never had a problem since! Not sure if the the two are connected, or just an amazing coincidence :wink:
Swipe cards are a good idea - but very expensive to set up initially.
Anyway good luck with it, it's a pity that some low lifes stuff everything up for the decent silent majority.
cheers
Ken
just another retard!

Offline bajdas

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1693 on: February 04, 2009, 11:24:49 AM »

care to name them?

Incorrectly written posting now deleted...sorry
« Last Edit: February 05, 2009, 08:26:26 AM by bajdas »
Andrew Macmichael

Offline Bagyassfirey

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1694 on: February 04, 2009, 11:31:54 AM »

care to name them?

NOPE, dont have the database & I would not be allowed to share the specifics. I know some CFS Brigades were paged to taskings because I processed the request to MFS ComCen for the CFS Pagers to be activated when I was in the dispatch area. I was not in the SES SCC the whole weekend so could not/would not provide any statistics.

WTF  :?

misterteddy

« Reply #1695 on: February 04, 2009, 12:24:45 PM »

care to name them?

NOPE, dont have the database & I would not be allowed to share the specifics. I know some CFS Brigades were paged to taskings because I processed the request to MFS ComCen for the CFS Pagers to be activated when I was in the dispatch area. I was not in the SES SCC the whole weekend so could not/would not provide any statistics.

not sure how your posting relates to the comment about knowing which Brigades don't give door keys or door codes to their members

Offline The Stig

• Forum Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #1696 on: February 04, 2009, 01:30:36 PM »

care to name them?

filtered  :?

Why do you want to know which stations don't issue keys / codes to everyone ?
Some do, some don't. What works for someone might not for someone else...

Offline Firefrog

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1697 on: February 04, 2009, 01:37:32 PM »
Back to the topic of Interesting paging please........

Offline bajdas

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1698 on: February 04, 2009, 01:42:02 PM »
SORRY, I misread the question.....my mistake
Andrew Macmichael

Offline Bagyassfirey

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1699 on: February 04, 2009, 03:47:43 PM »
4/02/2009 5:14:14 PM EE.Group for members who attended Proper Bay fire. message from Crown Solicitor, If you are contacted by any one for any details about the fire, do not talk to them, refer them to me. EE GO CFS Eastern Eyre Group Info

WOOO WEEEE  :-o