Author Topic: Interesting Fire and Emergency Related Paging  (Read 4562607 times)

Offline CFS_Firey

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Interesting Fire and Emergency Related Paging
« Reply #2550 on: June 25, 2010, 09:55:46 AM »
cant help but plug the new..5 second delay paging feed and the african response tone.. must be from Tonga?

South Africa I think. ;-)

Offline 6739264

• Forum Captain
  • RETARD RETARD RETARD Need I say more?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2551 on: June 25, 2010, 07:41:18 PM »
I want a vevuzuvulavua to be my new Tone - 7.
To think they employed me as a drooling retard...

Offline Alan (Big Al)

• Forum Captain
  • CRUMPETS
    • View Profile
« Reply #2552 on: July 04, 2010, 05:10:34 PM »
04-07-10 16:03:23 MFS: *CFSRES INC052 04/07/10 16:03,RESPOND DOMESTIC FIRE,GLEN RD,VICTOR HARBOR MAP 303 Q 11 TG148,,HIND00 VHB719 - CFS Victor Group Officers Response

04-07-10 16:03:52 MFS: *CFSRES INC052 04/07/10 16:03,RESPOND DOMESTIC FIRE,GLEN RD,VICTOR HARBOR MAP 303 Q 11 TG148,,WAIT00 - CFS Waitpinga Response

16:30:06 L/INMAN: lolwer inman water nedeed at glen rosd VH-Base 4/7/2010 - CFS Lower Inman Valley Response

So sad how some groups wont respond outside their groups for backup,,,,, Port Elliot has 2 appliances probably as close to this job as MFS and Hindmarsh Valley, yet Waits and Lower Inman are called, and probably triple the distance away.....

Such a never ending problem though closer resources not being responded, just wish one day people will get their behinds kicked for such ridiculous behaviour.
Lt. Goolwa CFS

Darren

« Reply #2553 on: July 04, 2010, 07:31:49 PM »
It happens across the whole state and nothing ever happens Al, you know that.

At least they had the fire brigade there.....

Offline Alan (Big Al)

• Forum Captain
  • CRUMPETS
    • View Profile
« Reply #2554 on: July 04, 2010, 07:46:34 PM »
hahahaha whats that an urban one darren :P
Lt. Goolwa CFS

Offline crashndash

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2555 on: July 05, 2010, 09:43:52 AM »
one day things will be smarter and you'll all be in the same fricken Group

Offline Bagyassfirey

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2556 on: July 05, 2010, 09:53:32 AM »
one day things will be smarter and you'll all be in the same fricken Group

at last someone is talking some sense!

Offline Alan (Big Al)

• Forum Captain
  • CRUMPETS
    • View Profile
« Reply #2557 on: July 05, 2010, 10:29:35 AM »
ah yes spot on there crashndash
Lt. Goolwa CFS

Offline Zippy

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2558 on: July 05, 2010, 11:00:22 AM »
ha maybe that supergroups idea isnt too bad afterall.  thats the first positive thing ive heard about it.

1. breaking down borders

Offline Hazmat206

• Forum Lieutenant
  • Adelaide 206 respond to reduced Hazmat...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2559 on: July 05, 2010, 12:28:01 PM »
11:29:35 05-07-10 MFS: *CFSRES INC024 05/07/10 11:28,RESPOND RESCUE GENERAL,SECOND VALLEY ,SECOND VALLEY MAP 0 0 0,DEFAULT FOR YANK BOY OFF CLIFF NEAR JET,TY,NOA020 - SES Noarlunga Response

Bit harsh. Boy would do fine...
206 to Adelaide fire,Incident #59,situation found 440, action taken 41,K45, over

Darren

« Reply #2560 on: July 05, 2010, 07:42:28 PM »
No, thats perfectly fine, another case of BOMS not helping spelling. Should read like this

11:29:35 05-07-10 MFS: *CFSRES INC024 05/07/10 11:28,RESPOND RESCUE GENERAL,SECOND VALLEY ,SECOND VALLEY MAP 0 0 0,DEFAULT FOR YANK, BOY OFF CLIFF NEAR JETTY,NOA020 - SES Noarlunga Response

Noarlunga were defaulting for YANKALLILA SES.

Offline Bagyassfirey

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2561 on: July 10, 2010, 08:21:52 PM »
17:26:12 10-07-10 INFO UNIT STANDING DOWN FROM 18:00 WILL BE BACK OPERATIONAL FROM 06:00 TOMORROW MORNING THANK YOU FOR YOU EFFORTS DEPUTY UNIT MANAGER
SES Sturt Response

Now that would be nice!

Offline Alan (Big Al)

• Forum Captain
  • CRUMPETS
    • View Profile
« Reply #2562 on: July 10, 2010, 09:28:09 PM »
17:26:12 10-07-10 INFO UNIT STANDING DOWN FROM 18:00 WILL BE BACK OPERATIONAL FROM 06:00 TOMORROW MORNING THANK YOU FOR YOU EFFORTS DEPUTY UNIT MANAGER
SES Sturt Response

Now that would be nice!

Poor buggers wish we could stand down after a big day out lol :P
Lt. Goolwa CFS

Offline 6739264

• Forum Captain
  • RETARD RETARD RETARD Need I say more?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2563 on: July 11, 2010, 06:51:12 PM »
Glad to see that the SES are being kept accountable as usual (Job defaults, fire service response and all that), and then get to take some time off once the hard work is done...

Atleast us firies will never get so soft.
To think they employed me as a drooling retard...

Offline Robert-Robert34

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2564 on: July 11, 2010, 08:47:50 PM »
You got that right us firies are a tough breed  :-D
Kalangadoo Brigade

Offline Alex

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2565 on: July 11, 2010, 09:12:26 PM »
Considered not bothering to reply at all for this one for a while, lmao...

I personally don't think any service should end up 'offline' for a period of time, but consider the fact that OHS regs do dictate that we have a 10hr rest period after 10-12hrs operations... [im not sure the specifics, but im 99% sure it exists]

If the entire units available personell were involved, they may very well be technically unable to respond. Anyway, SAAS are doing it every other day with some voll. stations.

Offline Andrew K

• Forum Senior Firefighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2566 on: July 11, 2010, 09:30:42 PM »
basically due to ohsw 10hr break after 12hrs of ops (possibly having come from work so add another 8 hrs)  sturt ran out of people that were able to crew trucks, when you have 3 trucks running with 4 - 5 on a truck plus ops crew you tend to use people pretty quick and even with them stood down their is still coverage from neighbouring units

numbers do you have an issue with ses all the time? if you are dumb enough to call resting crews soft even in jest after they've been out for 12 - 14 hrs and to work fatigued when you can be working at heights, cutting up trees with a chainsaw which will easily take your arm off if you aren't paying attention, drving a 12t truck possibly under evs standards, cutting someone from a car truck then you need your heads checked before you kill someone else

there needs to be a point where someone says stop they don't let mfs do it as far as i'm aware, they change crews on shifts. and bring cfs in to cover stations when needed, here they did the same thing stand sturt down and shift coverage to other units. if not where does the blame lie when we kill someone may even be your own crew might not be delibrate may not have happened if you had slept a bit in the last 24hrs i'd say the volunteer and his boss are in for an almightly donkey kicking and they have to live with killing your own crew for the rest of their lives.

it isn't worth it we don't get paid enough to take those risks

Offline chook

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2567 on: July 12, 2010, 07:35:28 AM »
Mate he is only having a dig (as you quite rightly guessed) - the days are gone when we can work people 24 - 7 even in CFS! cheers
Ken
just another retard!

rescue5271

« Reply #2568 on: July 12, 2010, 08:25:40 AM »
Andrew, well done to the SES crews and those CFS crews who all did a great job. OHSW has taken over how long we can put members out into the field and we all have to take note of this and monitor what our crews are doing and the hours. Crew rotation and also standing down crews is a must  CFS does this to its members who go on strike team's and interstate so its nothing new I guess that some groups or brigades dont follow this policy.

The other thing to note is at last SES called in for help from other agency's which was great to see and they did default a large amount of calls back to CFS/MFS due to SES workload.

Offline straps

• Forum Senior Firefighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2569 on: July 12, 2010, 08:53:55 AM »
Safework SA have released a Code of Practice that relates to Fatigue Management / Working Hours, formally in May 2020. http://www.safework.sa.gov.au/uploaded_files/ACOPonWorkingHours.pdf

Their website states that there has been a specific document developed that addresses the needs of emergency service volunteers
The particular considerations of employees and volunteers who provide frontline emergency services have been addressed in the development of specific emergency services guidelines.  Please contact SAFECOM for further details.

The following link will take you to the Safework SA webpage that deals with the COP - Working Hours... http://www.safework.sa.gov.au/show_page.jsp?id=8489

Like it or not, I suspect that agencies will need to seriously consider fatigue management and show some robust strategies to effectively manage the OHS&W requirements of their staff (paid and/or volunteers) with regards to their working hours.

To a large degree the volunteer MUST also take some responsibility for their own welfare too.

Just some info for the forum to digest.

Cheers
Shane
PS - reckon this might in fact migrate into a new thread - sorry mods...

Darren

« Reply #2570 on: July 13, 2010, 11:31:06 AM »
Why wouldn't you manage your people ? If you know your busy wouldn't you be better off sending some home for a rest then bringing them back to swap over, clearly if your getting paged for job 750 something yet you haven't dealt with job 40 wouldn't that suggest to you that no matter if you had 2 or or 4 trucks out you aren't going to get through it.

OR if you can't manage, how about asking for some strike teams or co-ordinate something, not wait until 1800 and go offline and handball your jobs without telling the agency helping you.... :x

I don't think anyone is saying the don't want to help the SES. But get some sort of IMT happening and manage the jobs.

Offline Alex

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2571 on: July 13, 2010, 12:06:17 PM »
MRPH OFFICERS: STARTER MOTOR ON THE CAFS PUMP IS U/S. AUTO ELEC IS TRYING TO FIND ANOTHER ONE. ROLLER DOOR PART SHOULD BE IN TOMORROW. DONT FORGET TRAINING ON THE DENNIS TONIGHT AT 1900 - MATT

another movement for the dennis, i also heard rumor your getting a new 34 finally Matt?

Offline bajdas

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2572 on: July 13, 2010, 01:34:59 PM »
Why wouldn't you manage your people ? If you know your busy wouldn't you be better off sending some home for a rest then bringing them back to swap over, clearly if your getting paged for job 750 something yet you haven't dealt with job 40 wouldn't that suggest to you that no matter if you had 2 or or 4 trucks out you aren't going to get through it.

OR if you can't manage, how about asking for some strike teams or co-ordinate something, not wait until 1800 and go offline and handball your jobs without telling the agency helping you.... :x

I don't think anyone is saying the don't want to help the SES. But get some sort of IMT happening and manage the jobs.

From my understanding (not absolutely sure), they were doing local IMT with a CFS liason officer & being co-ordinated with RDO/SDO. Several Units were doing this.

I think people are reading toooo much AGAIN into a information pager message without full knowledge of the background/history/decisions made.

For example (again not facual in this instance), if you keep paging incidents to a crew that is on the road, you disturb the resting crew from the same Unit. The rest crew ends up switching pagers off & you have lost a method of communication.

If you crew rest rotate between Units, by two Units working together (one Unit rests while the other Unit works by covering both areas, then swaps) then in theory the Unit pagers do not activate. It also enables maintenance of chainsaws, ropes, equipment, vehicle checks, etc to be completed on the resting Unit vehicles during a multi-tasking incident.

Sounds a damn good idea to me.

CFS do strike teams, SES allocates extra vehicles/crew/equipment to the impacted Unit as needed. Arranged via RDO normally by telephone.
Andrew Macmichael
lives at Pt Noarlunga South.

My personal opinion only.

Darren

« Reply #2573 on: July 13, 2010, 01:42:19 PM »
MRPH OFFICERS: STARTER MOTOR ON THE CAFS PUMP IS U/S. AUTO ELEC IS TRYING TO FIND ANOTHER ONE. ROLLER DOOR PART SHOULD BE IN TOMORROW. DONT FORGET TRAINING ON THE DENNIS TONIGHT AT 1900 - MATT

another movement for the dennis, i also heard rumor your getting a new 34 finally Matt?

Another of the worlds most expensive fire trucks!! Think they are down for a new 34 in the next build anyway, just due to natural old age.

Offline riptide

• Forum Firefighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2574 on: July 13, 2010, 06:56:05 PM »
yes morphett vale now have the dennis, seaford will be getting there current 24p in 2 weeks.... and then will get a new 34p in febuary...the dennis as been refurbished again and give approx 5 years or operational service

anything