Poll

should all cfs/mfs stations take over rcr from ses as then we are all standard and make it more easier for dispatch

yes
13 (50%)
no
13 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 26

Voting closed: August 20, 2007, 10:10:34 AM

Author Topic: should all cfs/mfs stations take over rcr from ses  (Read 35415 times)

Offline chook

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
Re: should all cfs/mfs stations take over rcr from ses
« Reply #100 on: December 27, 2007, 08:13:17 PM »
I think the local firies (both lots) are good at what they do - saw them (CFS anway) in action at a  horrible RCR last year ( when I was at the unit near the drying up lake) two persons were incinerated.
Anyway they seem to know what they were doing, and as I have said previously we have done a fair bit of fire related work (wildfire & a bit of structural) and I really appreciate having you guys around & the work you do.
Even seen the local mets in action practicing RCR and there not bad, so we must be fortunate around here having good crews from all services :-D.
I guess at the end of the day its not the colour of the uniform but the quality of the people in them  :wink:
Thanks for a lively discussion you put some very interesting points across and gave me a better insight into what the fire services consider rescue, which I will pass on to my troops for future reference, in the hope of improving further.
cheers
Ken
just another retard!

sesroadcrashrescue

« Reply #101 on: December 27, 2007, 09:42:26 PM »
we a primary RCR for our area and we are surrounded by CFS rescue and MFS rescue we can work well together when we are all invited to play together.

as for fires my unit is lucky enough to be trained in the burn over drill and have 3 members trained in at least CFS BFF 1 or CFS level 1 we do respond to assist at fires i was on a call to Williamstown the other day to assist with a tree fire.

my unit is very hot on turnout times and our unit manager pushes us to be out the door in about 5mins from pager going off with a crew of no less then 4 RCR trained members with out blowing our trumpet is faster then both the CFS and Retained MFS cfs is due to members living 10-25mins out of town and MFS is due to  members working out of town during the day so as for saying that CFS/MFS for time critical jobs isnt always the best idea it aldepends on the area in which it is located.       

Offline chook

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: December 28, 2007, 09:06:29 PM »
Thats excellent work mate!
"and our unit manager pushes us to be out the door in about 5mins from pager going off" - those UM's can be mongrels can't they :wink:
We are the same - will be better with a couple more qualified operators in the new year.
Keep up the good work & cheers
Ken
just another retard!