Author Topic: Number of trucks to jobs  (Read 20756 times)

Offline bittenyakka

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Number of trucks to jobs
« on: August 31, 2007, 07:42:40 PM »
In other threads there seems to be some debate on how many trucks to sent to call outs. what are your brigade's/ groups policy's on this?

my brigade it is as many trucks as we get crew for.

Offline Zippy

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Number of trucks to jobs
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2007, 12:05:10 AM »
my brigade's is mostly "up to" 2 trucks for a single job (with other brigades to support), to keep the remaining truck available for a further incident.

Offline Alan J

• Forum Lieutenant
  • Certified Flamin' Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2007, 03:12:32 AM »
Within the local response area - whatever is required - 1 or 2

Elsewhere within the group - whatever is requested - usually 1 only.

Anywhere else - 1 only. (unless the second truck also responds
because it has enough crew and the fire or whatever is nearly in
our area.  In which case there will be 2.)

If this is not sufficiently confusing, I can reword it longer &
more convoluted  ;-)

Oh, and if I get on any appliance, it will usually not be required.
This is why I am
stopcallking

Alan J.
Cherry Gdns CFS

Data isn't information.  Information isn't knowledge. 
Knowledge isn't wisdom.

rescue5271

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2007, 06:34:43 AM »
Anyhing in Naracoorte township is Naracoorte brigade anything outside of the township is two brigade's it depends on the type of job and where it is.... Having said that I have noticed over the past week that when MFS page they are only sending one brigade to jobs does not matter if its a MVA or car fire not sure why this is going on and I would hope that groups are having there say about this as summer is fast coming....

Offline Zippy

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2007, 11:34:45 AM »
IF thats happening...and you believe its a job that requires more than ur brigade.  get onto 124 and ask for the next nearest brigade to respond when you acknowledge the page....please for goodness sake, not ask for the next brigade in your group (when ur on the border).
« Last Edit: September 01, 2007, 11:39:26 AM by Dezza »

Offline Jono

• Forum Senior Firefighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2007, 02:18:13 PM »
CFS area - both our units.

MFS area - Just pumper.
Jono
Snr 2
Seaford CFS (Mawson Group)

BLEVE

Offline 6739264

• Forum Captain
  • RETARD RETARD RETARD Need I say more?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2007, 02:50:58 PM »
Aren't they one and the same?
To think they employed me as a drooling retard...

Offline Jono

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2007, 05:17:13 PM »
Aren't they one and the same?

No not under original zoning. Port Noarlunga South was MFS area dual response with CFS and Noarlunga Downs was CFS area dual response with MFS.

Leaving, Seaford, Seaford Rise, Seaford meadows, Old Noarlunga and Moana CFS area.

Though atm MFS and MV are on dual response with us over crewing issues that were fixed months ago. We have asked for response plans to return to the original state but as of yet they wont change it.

So for any incident in our area you will have Seaford, MV and C'downs MFS on initial response. Thats one big waste of resourcing.
Jono
Snr 2

BLEVE

Offline 6739264

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2007, 05:36:17 PM »
You do realise that the only way in which your response plans are going to change is with SAMFS turning out to everything in their (currently your) area.

I'd like to know how you can fix crewing issues in 6 mothns... Got a bunch of green probies on the trucks or something?

Offline Robert-Robert34

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2007, 06:16:19 PM »
The amount of trucks for a job depends on the size & scale of the incident itself  :-)
Kalangadoo Brigade

Offline Jono

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2007, 08:03:41 PM »
You do realise that the only way in which your response plans are going to change is with SAMFS turning out to everything in their (currently your) area.

I'd like to know how you can fix crewing issues in 6 mothns... Got a bunch of green probies on the trucks or something?

Easy really. Had two experienced ex CFS members join up both available days and are both drivers we also had another 4 members sign up and 4 long term cadets become fireies.
Jono
Snr 2

BLEVE

rescue5271

« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2007, 08:15:58 PM »
May be seaford will take the guys who wish to transfer into that area but a neighbouring brigade have closed their books.

ltdan

« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2007, 10:01:36 PM »
Depends what type of job but I ususally use the following formula.  This is also was has been placed into our up and cominng SACAD response system.

Make sure 2 stations are responding to any incident in our response area.

MVA with Entrapment in our response area respond 2 rescue brigades

Domestic  2 stations + BWC

Grassy 2 stations + BWC.

Brigade encourage to respond 2 appliances from station to any job within our fire response area.  Or respond second appliance to any job out of our response area on request of IC

Offline Stefan KIRKMOE

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2007, 10:07:06 PM »
not having a go at ANY CFS brigade here but why not respond SAMFS as a dual response into CFS area for more incidents... I know people will see it as "Job stealing" but the reality is that NO CFS brigade out there will ever garuntee a crew and that's just the downside of being volunteers but it's a fact. And I for one would sure prefer to stand in front of the coroner saying "We have done everything we could to save this person from their burning house" as opposed to "Sorry Mr Coroner, but it was on our side of the line, I know we didn't get a truck out the door and a red truck was just down the road but it was our area, not my problem they are dead.".....

MY VIEWS ONLY!

Stefan

ltdan

« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2007, 11:03:44 PM »
'fully agree' with you stefan.

work with everyone not againtst them I say !!

Offline CFS_Firey

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2007, 12:32:48 AM »
MVA with Entrapment in our response area respond 2 rescue brigades

Why is this?  Apart from backup if one brigade can't respond, I don't understand how this is good for a 1st alarm rescue...

Offline Zippy

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2007, 10:23:20 AM »
For an MVA in my area, its 1 or 2 appliances (Fire Cover and Traffic Control).  And a RCR brigade response, which if it happens to be Lobethal, we will soon be supporting them with RCR trained members.

Offline Alan (Big Al)

• Forum Captain
  • CRUMPETS
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2007, 03:53:13 PM »
I personally think that any MVA, be single or multiple vehicle that has more than one person reported trapped should be automatically a 1st and 2nd rescue response.

Lt. Goolwa CFS

Offline mack

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2007, 04:00:37 PM »
there are actually written SOPS for all 'generic response types'.... that define how many appliances should be sent and type of appliances as a minimumresponse....

there is no limit on what can be sent to a first alarm incident, but i guess it should come down to common sense for some part of it..

in our group area we respond two stations to all incident types (exception to rubbish fires, severe wx and animal rescues i think)and rescue to every MVA (as per the RCRD)...

and the general rule, depending on crewing and incident type, is both appliances in primary area if we can crew them, and outside of primary area one appliance unless further resources requested by IC. we quite often have our second appliance on 'standby at station' for responses outside of our primary until it is determined by IC that no more resources will be required.

works well and covers our arsses

Offline SA Firey

• Forum Group Officer
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 03, 2007, 04:20:45 PM »
Agree
Images are copyright

Offline 6739264

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 03, 2007, 05:53:22 PM »
there is no limit on what can be sent to a first alarm incident, but i guess it should come down to common sense for some part of it..

Yes there is, as it then becomes higher than a first alarm. You don't have 6 pumps at a job and still call it a first alarm.

I personally think that any MVA, be single or multiple vehicle that has more than one person reported trapped should be automatically a 1st and 2nd rescue response.

I think you'll find that in the Green Book, there are provisions for when additional rescue resources should be turned out. What on earth are another crew going to do on a single car where you already have a full crew working? Two cars, two entrapments, then yes, you should have two crews. One for each car.

Offline mack

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 03, 2007, 06:18:24 PM »

Yes there is, as it then becomes higher than a first alarm. You don't have 6 pumps at a job and still call it a first alarm.

kind of thinking without typing there... or vice versa ;)

your right 6793264 - i kind of meant, there is no limit to how many resources can be dispatched from stations on the first alarm... kind of a brain fart.

Offline 6739264

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 03, 2007, 06:25:46 PM »

kind of thinking without typing there... or vice versa ;)

your right 6793264 - i kind of meant, there is no limit to how many resources can be dispatched from stations on the first alarm... kind of a brain fart.

And there lies the problem. Brigades should limit themselves based on their groups response plans. Two brigades responded to an MVA (non rescue) then one truck each is great!

Offline mack

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 03, 2007, 06:30:22 PM »
mmmm common sense should play a big part, but unfortunately i think some people just see every jobs as a chance to go for a run with lights and sirens, so they just keep sending more trucks...

Offline Zippy

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 03, 2007, 06:41:20 PM »
Brigades should limit themselves based on their groups response plans

i dont agree with you there...because callouts shouldnt be responded to just your own group...groups are made for training, management, funding reasons am i right???

The only "group only" response is a Strike Team i believe.   If another fire like the one in March at bridgewater would to occur...i wouldnt be sending burnside till brigades closer to the incident are responded in all four directions.

anything