Author Topic: State CFS Talkgroups etc  (Read 46816 times)

Offline littlejohn

• Forum Senior Firefighter
    • View Profile
Re: State CFS Talkgroups etc
« Reply #100 on: September 26, 2007, 02:43:31 PM »
Cut & pasted most of an email from Andy Lawson, arrived to me via SAVFBA so many of you will have seen it. Can send the attched document if anyone cares to see it.

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Wednesday, September 26, 2007 12:19 PM
Subject: Statewide Talkgroups

There has been a considerable amount of discussion recently regarding a proposal that CFS may be moving to one (1) Statewide Talkgroup for all CRD functions (ie GRN 11 for the acknowledgment of Response Messages).

I/we have listen very carefully to this debate and have prepared the attached memo to ensure all Brigades / Groups / Regions and staff are aware of the current situation.

Thus, please be advised that the proposal to move all CRD traffic (ie: pager acknowledgements) to GRN 111 has been suspended indefinitely.  Until COAC have had an opportunity to consider an updated proposal and make a recommendation to the Chief Officer - Brigades, Groups and Regions are asked to use their Regional Talkgroups to acknowledge Response Messages as per the existing procedure.

Regions, please feel free to share this memo with all Group Officers / Groups and Brigades. Additional information and a more detailed updated proposal will be circulated via COAC in the near future.

<<Regional - State Talkgroups.pdf>>

Kind Regards,

ANDREW LAWSON AFSM
Deputy Chief Officer
South Australian Country Fire Service

rescue5271

« Reply #101 on: September 26, 2007, 03:59:30 PM »
See I did say wait and see this space..........

Offline bittenyakka

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: September 27, 2007, 11:14:31 AM »
the one problem with huge amounts of consultation everything takes ages.