Author Topic: Paid Firefighters  (Read 12171 times)

Offline K99

• Forum Firefighter
    • View Profile
Paid Firefighters
« on: October 20, 2007, 01:21:34 PM »
I love getting paid to attend fire calls. Why the hell would you do it for free. :? :? :?
I love the smell of napalm in the morning,smells like,like........VICTORY

Offline Zippy

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Paid Firefighters
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2007, 01:38:27 PM »
Yet another round of debating: Money VS the simple satisfaction of helping people you know..and dont know.

*sigh*

Offline 6739264

• Forum Captain
  • RETARD RETARD RETARD Need I say more?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2007, 01:42:03 PM »
 :-)
To think they employed me as a drooling retard...

Offline Firefrog

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2007, 02:43:22 PM »
I love getting paid to attend fire calls. Why the filtered would you do it for free. :? :? :?

What's the point of the post. Asking a genuine question is fine. But if you are trolling for a flame war here is not the place! And I suspect that is what you are hoping for.

Thread will be locked/deleted if required.

« Last Edit: October 20, 2007, 04:01:26 PM by Firefrog »

Offline Crank

• Forum Firefighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2007, 03:08:53 PM »
I love getting paid to attend fire calls. Why the filtered would you do it for free. :? :? :?

HAHA Your funny!

Offline country kid

• Forum Firefighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2007, 03:29:29 PM »
you know wat i think i speak on behalf of most people when i say this...

in the small country towns, we dont volunteer in emerency servieces for the glory. we volunteer because its our community its the community that we have
1 grown up in,
2 know everybody
3 we care about others
4 if we volunteer to help those in need, we then know that in times that we need help others will be there.

anyone else want to add anything go for it, but i think you are right, this thread has been done before, and we shouldnt have to justify why we want to volunteer our time to help.

country kid xx

Offline safireservice

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2007, 04:05:47 PM »
Why dont you ask 6793264, it seems he does it for free as well as getting paid?
Treat everyone as if they are an idiot, until they prove you otherwise.

Offline Big Yellow Gongbeater

• Forum Senior Firefighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2007, 10:04:48 PM »

:-D :-D :-D  Dead set it's like shooting fish in a barrel, geeze some of you people are easy :-D :-D :-D  Oh I can hear it all now "yeah but he/she shouldn't put inflaming posts like that!!" :cry: It's obviously been done to draw a reaction, and suprise suprise, out come the hearts on the sleeves. I don't particularly like K99's posts, but i get a huge smile everytime someone cry's a river in response.  :-D
"Madness and chaos reign supreme. My work here is done"

Offline K99

• Forum Firefighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2007, 10:25:54 PM »
No seriously everyone, if the government decided to pay you a "retainer" to be in the CFS, how many of you would turn it down?

and secondly,

I have read posts on this forum before that you believe the CFS is the exactly the same as the MFS except of course the MFS get paid.

Why then do a lot of people on this forum want to leave the CFS and join the "Mets", one reason only......money

(apart from the fact that MFS fires have been proven to burn a lot hotter than CFS fires)

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2007, 10:32:35 PM »
No seriously everyone, if the government decided to pay you a "retainer" to be in the CFS, how many of you would turn it down?

and secondly,

I have read posts on this forum before that you believe the CFS is the exactly the same as the MFS except of course the MFS get paid.

Why then do a lot of people on this forum want to leave the CFS and join the "Mets", one reason only......money

(apart from the fact that MFS fires have been proven to burn a lot hotter than CFS fires)

:-D :-D Oh "ding ding" that must be the start of round two! :-D :-D
  I'm just gonna type and grab me some cyber tissues :lol:

Offline safireservice

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2007, 11:24:22 PM »

So the MFS light fires now as well?
Treat everyone as if they are an idiot, until they prove you otherwise.

Offline RescueHazmat

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2007, 11:28:27 PM »
...  :roll:

I guess it can get boring sitting infront of a computer all day...
« Last Edit: October 20, 2007, 11:36:42 PM by RescueHazmat »

Offline Zippy

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2007, 01:13:41 AM »
rofl...

Offline 6739264

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2007, 10:19:08 AM »

HAHA Your funny!

Almost as funny as your inability to spell!

Offline Crownie24

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2007, 02:48:57 PM »

I think you overly incorrect in saying CFS people join the Mets because of money, I think you will find that they want to join so they can fight fires, help the community and be with people who share the same firefighting passion more often....not to make money.

If your approach to firefighting is "YAY I'm getting paid for this" your probably going to wind up dead very quickly.

Offline 6739264

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2007, 03:28:44 PM »
We forget that being a paid MFS firie isn't really a huge claim to fame, seeing as though there are CFS stations that attend more calls than many MFS stations. Not to mention, its not like MFS attend *that* many decent jobs.

Offline K99

• Forum Firefighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2007, 04:20:24 PM »

[/quote]
[/quote]

As well as the CFS?!!!!!!!!

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2007, 04:21:24 PM »

Does this imply that CFS does?  Do you know something that the Nomad task force should? ha ha ha

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 21, 2007, 04:23:13 PM »
We forget that being a paid MFS firie isn't really a huge claim to fame, seeing as though there are CFS stations that attend more calls than many MFS stations. Not to mention, its not like MFS attend *that* many decent jobs.

Crownie was the first strike, so that'd make you number two,, here, tissue's all round.   :-D :-D :-D

Offline 6739264

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2007, 08:24:51 AM »

Crownie was the first strike, so that'd make you number two,, here, tissue's all round.   :-D :-D :-D

Comrade, we are fellow paid brothers of the flame! Don't get snotty because you're beloved SAMFS aren't the be all and end all of firefighting :P

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 22, 2007, 10:55:03 AM »

Comrade, we are fellow paid brothers of the flame! Don't get snotty because you're beloved SAMFS aren't the be all and end all of firefighting :P

Ha ha I concur! Beside's never for one second did I allude to the fact or imply that I am a member of the SAMFS nor have I ever implied or denied that i'm a member of the SACFS, there is more than 1 paid fire service in South Australia. just being that the SAMFS is the lowest paid ha ha ha and is the public supplied one.
  I just derive smiles from some of the over the top and most times ill informed responses that many poster's make to people who are obviously taking the mickey!  :-D

Offline 6739264

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 22, 2007, 11:23:13 AM »

Ha ha I concur! Beside's never for one second did I allude to the fact or imply that I am a member of the SAMFS nor have I ever implied or denied that i'm a member of the SACFS, there is more than 1 paid fire service in South Australia. just being that the SAMFS is the lowest paid ha ha ha and is the public supplied one.
  I just derive smiles from some of the over the top and most times ill informed responses that many poster's make to people who are obviously taking the mickey!  :-D

I enjoy a good baiting just as much as the next bloke, there was no reaction to the bait, merely a suggestion towards those poor persons who are all wrapped around the axles about SAMFS :P

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 22, 2007, 11:50:32 AM »

I enjoy a good baiting just as much as the next bloke, there was no reaction to the bait, merely a suggestion towards those poor persons who are all wrapped around the axles about SAMFS :P

*Snap* point taken moving on to next emotional outburst.. ha ha ha

Offline mack

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 22, 2007, 12:05:21 PM »

hahaha all baiting, trolling and head filtered aside..

as i said to someone else the other day in discussion, if your only doing it because you get paid then you shouldnt be doing it. surely you enjoy your job and get some feeling of satisfaction K99?

@ Big Yellow Gongbeater - no not an emotional post, dont get your gong beating arm to excited ;)
« Last Edit: October 22, 2007, 02:11:18 PM by Firefrog »

Offline Firefrog

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 22, 2007, 02:12:17 PM »
Topic Locked - And users who circumvent the language filter will be banned you have been warned.