Author Topic: New BWC`s  (Read 14490 times)

Offline chook

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
Re: New BWC`s
« Reply #25 on: December 30, 2007, 03:48:22 PM »
Guess thats one of the downsides of ESL, however that is disgraceful.
The community spirit is just not as strong as it used to be :-(
cheers
Ken
just another retard!

Offline Pipster

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 30, 2007, 11:00:49 PM »
In the Barossa, the local Groups have been very active in organising local companies to provide 31,000 litre tankers, within very short time frames, and I believe at no cost to the CFS....so some community spirit still exists!!

Pip

There are three types of people in the world.  Those that watch things happen, those who make things happen, and those who wonder what happened.

Offline chook

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 31, 2007, 07:45:12 AM »
I'm not sure about water tankers, but here I'm on good terms with the local mayor and we get pretty much what we want e.g they sent a front end loader out for a couple of trees down - nil cost. And when we had a few problems with flash flooding he was right on it. So I guess it is duration of the task etc.
I remember at the Winkie Case fire several years ago there were tankers from council & contractors + a five tonne front end loader. Iguess that is the other problem too - councils tend to contract out now so they may not have the equipment. And Monash CFS & Renmark MFS both have BWC's so we are pretty right for bulk water. cheers Pip
Ken
just another retard!

Offline Alan J

• Forum Lieutenant
  • Certified Flamin' Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 31, 2007, 07:49:23 AM »
In the Barossa, the local Groups have been very active in organising local companies to provide 31,000 litre tankers, within very short time frames, and I believe at no cost to the CFS....so some community spirit still exists!!

Pip
At Robertstown Fire the other summer, there were 3 or 4 Booths wine tankers to reload from by day 2. Unfortunately, it was very diluted & didn't taste nice.  ;-)
cheers
AJ

Alan J.
Cherry Gdns CFS

Data isn't information.  Information isn't knowledge. 
Knowledge isn't wisdom.

Offline country kid

• Forum Firefighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 31, 2007, 08:41:18 AM »
yes- maccy cfs does have the new BWC, it was at the recent group xmas party, for ppl to look at.

« Last Edit: December 31, 2007, 08:53:42 AM by country kid »

Offline Sarge

• Forum Senior Firefighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 28, 2008, 02:07:13 PM »
Have Macclesfield CFS got a new BWC ?

Great :roll: brigades & grps who have tankers are getting them replaced while needy grps who don't have them continue to go without maybe we should be writing to santa claus :lol:

rescue5271

« Reply #31 on: January 28, 2008, 02:24:18 PM »
Has your group asked for a BWC??

Offline Sarge

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 28, 2008, 02:30:41 PM »
Has your group asked for a BWC??

Since 1984 when one of our brigades had a station built to accomodate one.

Offline backburn

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 28, 2008, 04:58:57 PM »
I'm not sure about water tankers, but here I'm on good terms with the local mayor and we get pretty much what we want e.g they sent a front end loader out for a couple of trees down - nil cost. And when we had a few problems with flash flooding he was right on it. So I guess it is duration of the task etc.
I remember at the Winkie Case fire several years ago there were tankers from council & contractors + a five tonne front end loader. Iguess that is the other problem too - councils tend to contract out now so they may not have the equipment. And Monash CFS & Renmark MFS both have BWC's so we are pretty right for bulk water. cheers Pip

Nah sorry chook its not Monash CFS BW7 it belongs to Chaffey Group but again there Group Base is not big enough to fit all there stuff so that why the  old GO stored it at Monash. Thats what I have heard, and to make it even stranger the BW7 is not 4 wheel drive so where they need it most it will not go. It can not go to far off road.

uniden

« Reply #34 on: January 28, 2008, 05:08:05 PM »
It is unusual to have a 4x4 tanker as you would probably have stability issues. Far better to send the 4x4 appliances out to an area where the tankers can be situated fro refilling appliances.

Offline chook

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 28, 2008, 07:56:58 PM »
Yep I know all about BW7, and yep the GO would not store it at Hughes st (space was not the issue :wink:). Sorry its stored at Monash & they drive it so I forgot it belongs to the whole of Chaffey :-D
You can get all wheel drive tankers - the army had Mack 6x6 tankers no stability issues, however the Unimog 4x4 trial tankers were a shocker :-D (chained old F1 International bulk refueling equipment to them but the spring were to soft).
I don't think the Japanese chassis would carry a decent load cross country - need to be American special build
Anyway cheers
Ken
just another retard!

Offline JamesGar

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • Belair CFS
« Reply #36 on: January 29, 2008, 09:32:07 AM »
Belair Tanker has no problems being driven off road with the right driver.  Goes most places in the Belair National Park once you lock in the rear axles.  The Allison Gear Box has a brilliant low ratio.

Southern Fleurieu Group Tanker (RFW) will go anywhere a 24 will (height dependent) however has some limitations due to the tipper. Would be a great tanker if you were to take the tipper off, add a 500gpm PTO and 15000ltr tank!

I think there is a place for an off road capable BWC in a lot of areas, particularly during long hoseline running in hilly country. 
James Gardiner
Belair CFS

sesroadcrashrescue

« Reply #37 on: January 29, 2008, 10:19:42 AM »
sarge i know what your talking about there was one all set to go your way but it was squashed higher up the chain like a lot of things

Offline backburn

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 29, 2008, 12:41:05 PM »
Belair Tanker has no problems being driven off road with the right driver.  Goes most places in the Belair National Park once you lock in the rear axles.  The Allison Gear Box has a brilliant low ratio.

Southern Fleurieu Group Tanker (RFW) will go anywhere a 24 will (height dependent) however has some limitations due to the tipper. Would be a great tanker if you were to take the tipper off, add a 500gpm PTO and 15000ltr tank!

I think there is a place for an off road capable BWC in a lot of areas, particularly during long hoseline running in hilly country. 

What about sand hills that are around?

Offline JamesGar

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • Belair CFS
« Reply #39 on: January 29, 2008, 08:39:23 PM »
Have you seen the tyres and footprint of a 6x6 RFW?

That Tanker has been most places around Mount Compass in very sandy environments.  Not any huge sand dunes, but wouldn't take any hino 24 any further than what that appliance could go!

James Gardiner
Belair CFS

Offline Sarge

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 29, 2008, 10:34:03 PM »
sarge i know what your talking about there was one all set to go your way but it was squashed higher up the chain like a lot of things

Why am I not surprised :-)

anything