Author Topic: Eden Hills Type 2 Pumper  (Read 35100 times)

Offline JamesGar

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • Belair CFS
Eden Hills Type 2 Pumper
« on: June 26, 2005, 06:58:16 PM »
Hi All,

Just thought I'd let you know Eden has taken delivery of the new type 2 pumper, It's come with a 750 U.S. gpm 'PTO'. I haven't seen it yet, but apparently it looks the goods!

Looking forward to seeing it in action

Catch you soon
James Gardiner
Belair CFS

Good times

Re: Eden Hills Type 2 Pumper
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2005, 07:57:34 PM »
For those that want to see what it looks like, just look up Nuriootpa or Millicent's pumpers on the Promotions unit website, thats what it is, except they now come with turbo's.

Offline 24P

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2005, 08:07:19 PM »
pity the CFS didnt look at buying more of these appliances
Don't look back. Something might be gaining on you.

Offline Steveg

• Forum Senior Firefighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2005, 08:51:44 AM »
We are all really happy with this appliance.
I will attempt to post some pics in the next few days (if i can figure out how).  I am really looking forward to working off it.
if anybody want to look at the spec list for it, go to http://www.semfirerescue.com.au/vehicle_details.php?vehicle_id=2105, you can view the spec-sheet and the NSW version.(looks good in red!!!)

Offline Firefrog

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2005, 10:13:38 AM »
To post pics click on the gallery link set up your own album and then upload. It should be fairly self explanatory.
Once the pics are uploaded you may (if you want to)  post a message in a thread of the forum and link the image into the thread using the images url and the img tags.

For more info - http://www.safirefighter.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=33&Itemid=1
« Last Edit: June 27, 2005, 10:22:29 AM by Firefrog »

Good times

« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2005, 10:44:00 AM »
Regarding the specs, its a little more beefier than whats written there, Isuzu have upgraded their engines since the first lot of Type 2's were built, unfourtunate for those people that got the first round, the first Type 2's had the same engine as the first 24P Isuzu's, and we all know how gutless they are!!

strikeathird

« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2005, 02:43:50 PM »
From what I have seen / heard, the Turbo's make a world of difference!

Would it be an option to have all the 24P's , Pumpers, etc, that were made without the Turbo, have them fitted ?

corocfs

« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2005, 07:17:21 PM »
Thats affirmative i believe, (not that im a mechanic), but we are looking at having one fittwed to our Isuzu 24P

strikeathird

« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2005, 10:37:19 PM »
Any idea on the Price ?

Offline Steveg

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2005, 07:44:51 PM »
Ok, I have worked out how to post pictures in the gallery, but no idea how to put in a link to them. :?
ill post a few more when i get some good shots of it in action.

Offline JamesGar

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • Belair CFS
Couple of questions
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2005, 08:50:02 PM »
I like the look of the vehicle, and don't mind the rear mount PTO.
Steve, just a few quick questions from me!

Does the Pump have 4 inlets (64mm) + 100 suction and 4 outlets?

Hard to judge in the photos, but on the passenger/officer side of the appliance at the front of the lockering is that a direct inlet to tank for filling?

Does it have a monitor?

When's it going on line?

Hope you guy's like it!
James Gardiner
Belair CFS

Good times

« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2005, 09:06:15 PM »
The all important question, how does the pump perform compared to the Louisville  (when the Louisville was in its prime).

Also, truck power wise, how does it go, does the turbo make the difference you need to actually pull away up hills.

Whats the locker space like compared to the Louisville?

Offline JamesGar

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • Belair CFS
« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2005, 09:19:02 PM »
Pump on the Louisville is the same as on Belairs, a Darley JMP 450 GPM (2 Stage for Volume or Pressure), Type 2 comes with a Rosenbauer Multistage (3 Stage) 750 GPM pump which should be able to simultaneously pump pressure and volume! On paper it should almost be twice the pump!
James Gardiner
Belair CFS

Offline Steveg

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2005, 09:31:53 PM »
yeah, 4 inlets plus 5in storz on the rear, plus the direct fill on the passenger side.
this one does not have a monitor, sadly.
we are looking to go online this week or early next. should ber great to get it into the fray, see what its like at jobs.
Locker space seems really good, well illuminated by fluroescent ights. as far as power, i have not driven it yet, but all those who have say that it goes like a rocket.

Good times

« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2005, 09:45:08 PM »
Good , Good!!

I was afraid that it would be sluggish, the first one was minus the turbo.

Keep us informed as you go to see how she performs.

Thanks

strikeathird

« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2005, 10:28:34 PM »
Looks good!

Would like to see it without the Bull bar, and would like it to be fitted with BA seats..  (Even just 2)  , it can be a crucial difference.

The pump sounds fantastic!  And I like the sound of 4 in, 4 out!

All in all, not a bad looking/sounding rig!

Offline Mike

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2005, 10:02:38 AM »
Just how much clearance is there when you park it????........ doesnt look like a lot....

Offline Steveg

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2005, 11:39:28 AM »
if anybody want to see one without a bullbar, look up nuriootpa or millicents appliances.
As far as i understand, due to the ADR, if we were to get BA setas, the appliance would have to be re-complianced, and there is also issues with OH&S. WOuld love BA seats, tho...

Will keep you all posted as we get to know it.....

Good times

« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2005, 02:56:28 PM »
I think you will find the BA seats won't fit in the small cab of the Isuzu, you would smack your head on the roof!

strikeathird

« Reply #19 on: June 30, 2005, 07:44:25 PM »
What is the current fit out for BA?  Eg. Swing Arms? Hydrolic arms that drop / come out ?

How easy is it to get into BA ?

rescue5271

« Reply #20 on: June 30, 2005, 08:39:10 PM »
I was ment to be at eden hills last friday taking pictures for the promo unit but wife had a baby but my brother in law says there all happy with it mind you it was missing some gear and this leads me to think that CFS really should buy appliances that came fully stowed from the firm that make's these units. Once again skilled have done a great job and I for one have been pushing for sometime for the CFS to buy more of these type two pumpers and it looks as if I have hit a large brick wall :x
As for a monitor dont be too fast to put one on unless you are able to have a appliances that is able to feed what your pump and the monitor push out. Here in Naracoorte we dont have any other unit around that is able to supply our 550gl (USA) deck mount.

Hope you all enjoy the new pumper and I shall be back soon I hope to get some pictures of the pumper and the crew..

blinky bill
naracoorte CFS
my view only

Good times

« Reply #21 on: July 01, 2005, 07:13:21 AM »
I guess it would be an issue down your way Bill as apart from your pumper there ain't much else in the way of pumping applainces.

Shouldn't be an issue in the sturt group.

Steve, the fact that it doesn't have a monitor, are you going to miss that option, I guess you could get a ground monitor if need be.

Offline oz fire

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 01, 2005, 09:32:54 AM »
Even in the Sturt Group delivery of water for a monitor is an issue - the times they have been used in anger for extended periods(Blackwood Cold Stores, Blackwood Primary School, Caddies tavern, Johnsones Fabrics - the major uses in last 15 years) the majority of pumps have been used in initial attack. Although having the Belair Tanker now eases this as does it's instant supply of 10,000.

Quick solution to no monitor, is to follow the rest of CFS and re-introduce the training and use of hose created ground monitors - otherwise for those close to Adelaide theres always the option of an aerial  :-o
Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the ability to control it.

Offline Steveg

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 01, 2005, 11:36:30 AM »
No, i dont think we will miss the monitor. Really, on the odd occasion we need it, as Oz said, we can use a hose-created ground monitor.

the BA sets are mounted on swing-out arms. therre is 2 sets per arm. they are perhaps a little bit low, but i dont think this is an issue for most people. I am 6 foot 2 and i can get one on with no problems.

strikeathird

« Reply #24 on: July 02, 2005, 02:41:18 AM »
Roger that, doesnt sound too bad at all.

anything