Author Topic: regional airstrips  (Read 2910 times)

Offline bittenyakka

• Administrator
    • View Profile
regional airstrips
« on: March 17, 2008, 11:45:18 AM »
I know the bombers are based at woodside but I was just wondering what facilities are there and at other strips around the state. For example CFS: 582 RELOCATE TO MT CRAWFORD AIRTSRIP BY 1200HRS - SARC STONE < 17/03/2008 11:44:22 AM does this mean that now 582 pilot gets to sit in a hot paddock or is it slightly better conditions than that?

Offline Cameron Yelland

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: regional airstrips
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2008, 11:47:38 AM »
I know in Mt Gambier they get to sit in a building, which i think belongs to the aero club?  Not sure if its air conditioned but certainly better than sitting outside.
Compton CFS Brigade
Captain
(Formally Comp00)

Offline Bagyassfirey

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2008, 12:04:47 PM »
Mt crawford airstrip is at the Mt crawford forest depot hence they prob sit in the offices

rescue5271

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2008, 01:12:18 PM »
When down in Naracoorte they sit in a nice air con office,not sure about when they go to tintinara as there is not much at that strip....

Offline scrawns1

• Forum Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2008, 07:41:27 PM »
At Cherry Gardens airstrip there is a small transportable building a little bigger than a shipping container, it has an A/C unit and is powered by a generator when the strip is open. There are 4 rainwater tanks behind two shipping containers not sure on tank size. In the containers one has all the hoses and related equipment, and the other has all the retardant. There is a permanent pump (at the dam) plumbed from the dam to the tanks and another pump plumbed from the tanks with the required equipment for instant set up, all built in a hinged steel box. Hope that helps  :-)

Cheers
Shane
SES Sturt Unit

anything