Author Topic: BA TRAINING  (Read 13143 times)

Offline 029

• Forum Senior Firefighter
    • View Profile
BA TRAINING
« on: August 06, 2008, 02:38:26 PM »
our local CFS have had someone want to do BA this guy should not be doing BA he cant even run a pump on a newish 34 (izuzu). yet the captain has said he can and sent him for a medical after he went to state about the group saying he couldn't do the course. this guy is unsafe can not see in the dark or dim lighting cant even tell which is his truck most of the time.

i witnessed him climbing in to our Rescue truck which has SES rescue written all over it then he climbed in to the MFS appliance which is red and the same size as our truck before he eventually found the CFS 34 like you can miss that massive thing.

he has had multiple complaints against him and the other BA operators have said they will not respond with him as a BA operator, should the brigade risk losing 5 crew over 1 what can the rest of the crew do to stop this from happening he is a risk to the crew and the public????????????????       

Offline bittenyakka

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: BA TRAINING
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2008, 02:53:27 PM »
Talk to him in a private situation where he won't loose face in front of the brigade and DO not be threatening.

Offline 029

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2008, 02:58:57 PM »
They did that and he went to state he has even been suspended from responding on an appliance he has since been reinstated but every time they block him he goes to state or R2HQ

Offline Zippy

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2008, 03:14:46 PM »
Better Still since he sounds like a pusher/fighter,  Actually Let him do the course...and let him get a Not Yet Competent...Then see his face.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2008, 03:17:32 PM by Zippy »

Offline Gilly

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2008, 04:00:47 PM »
Did he pass the medical? If he's that bad, he may not pass...

Offline 029

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2008, 04:04:24 PM »
he did pass how ever the docter that did the medical is the same one who did an ses meber for a job she went for and she went to some one else to be redone as the doctor asked her what he had to fill in and what test she had to have
he cannot see with out glasses yet no eye test was done
and he passed

pumprescue

« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2008, 04:14:26 PM »
Mate, CFS pretty much let anyone do anything, I had a partner on my final test in BA and he kept leaving me and walking back outside, was unable to grasp any of the search concepts, still didn't really understand how the airset worked, tick tick, he is a BA operator.

I guess if the crews refuse to go in with him he will soon get the picture.

Has he been spoken to about the issues?

Offline 029

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2008, 04:24:32 PM »
countless times even other services in the town have put in writen complaintes yet he can still do what ever he was with the SES he failed his baisc rescue tried going over our heads to region who said what we said when you can do the test with out help you can be passed

pumprescue

« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2008, 04:38:58 PM »
Ah fair enough, well good luck getting CFS to boot someone out ! It doesn't seem to matter what is stuffed up or what the result is, you never get booted out.

Offline 029

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2008, 04:45:27 PM »
so i have noticed well all i can say is glad im the rescue operator and not a BA operator 

Offline bajdas

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2008, 07:47:25 PM »
Talk to your local VSO so they can handle the dispute or call 1300 364587.

The Volunteer Management Branch staff & volunteers, have been trained to try & find a mutual resolution to the problem with discretion.

They are also outside of CFS/SES/MFS/VMR organisation, but have links into the relevant organisation. Makes them a bit more impartial.

I have assumed this issue has already has gone to your Captain & Unit Manager ?? Any member can talk to the VSO's, but it helps if the heirarchy of the brigade/unit know about the issue.

Don't let this fester within the local organisation...
Andrew Macmichael
lives at Pt Noarlunga South.

My personal opinion only.

Offline 2468

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2008, 09:10:13 PM »
Ummm if you can't trust him then how can you be suppose to rely on him... with your LIFE! :?

Offline 029

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2008, 10:44:13 PM »
the problem is with in the CFS here the captain knows what is going on but doesnt care if 5 operators wont work with him R2HQ keeps over ruleing the light group cause he keeps threating to take them to court if he cant do the course

when he asked if he could do it he was told no he couldnt. he went to R2 who said yes he can if he passes the medical he did but the brigade and group are not happy the only people that are happy to let him do it are the captain and R2

Offline Zippy

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2008, 10:54:57 PM »
How did the member get accepted/beyond probation in the first place?

Offline 029

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2008, 11:00:35 PM »
because the BFF1 is so simple to pass plus out this way all you have to do is pass that and your in when i did my training for CFS it was all closed book you can do it as many times as you like but you didnt get the help you get now.

SES you get 3 chances adn then your out if your found not competent by the 3rd go then you cant have that qulification

Offline Zippy

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2008, 11:07:58 PM »
No, i mean...Its a whole of brigade vote for the induction of new members to come out of probation in most brigades (even im not sure if this is a standard used by most).

Level 1 is quite a fine course to teach the essentials,  most of the essential skills and experience is gained on the job and through your own brigade.  Back in the day when i was a probie, i learnt how to do the simple things like traffic control a certain way while out on a job.   Since then, ive found better and simpler ways to perform those tasks.   (forget the stop/go bats sigh..use maglight and lantern in a competent manner)
« Last Edit: August 06, 2008, 11:10:35 PM by Zippy »

Offline bittenyakka

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2008, 11:23:04 PM »
you still are a probie

Offline Zippy

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2008, 11:27:19 PM »
i am?   oh wait...thats the stupid 5 year rule u told me about!....nah 3 months was up a fair while ago...

But i totally agree....ill admit that most under 5 years members could still be classed as probies ;)

Learning Never Finishes.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2008, 11:30:12 PM by Zippy »

Offline 029

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 06, 2008, 11:30:07 PM »
i have seen them ask him do do something as simple as start a pump on the izuzu 34 which is so simple to start and he cant they go through it with him i have been through it with him when i was still there and yet he just doesn't get it i could understand if it was a new truck but it has been there just over 2 years now the crew want something done and nothing will get done does anybody have any ideas on what to do 

rescue5271

« Reply #19 on: August 07, 2008, 07:54:04 AM »
When I was our group training officer I would not allow new members onto any course unless they where able to do the job but also they had to be in the service for sometime. Having said that the brigade where not happy about my ruling but it did work but it also gave the newer member time to settle into the brigade and not only get to know the gear but also its members...

CFS as a whole really needs to make sure that those doing the course are going to give us the best people to do the job but we also need to know that when people have done a course be it CABA or AIIMS that they are given the chance to do that job and that personnel conflict is removed from the situation so that they can get some skills in that area.

029: Remember big brother is watching and they read all that we write on here...

Offline Mike

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 07, 2008, 08:07:04 AM »
You need to be careful not to let these things consume you.

Probably wont have been the first time a Region has put pressure on a group to run someone through training and pass them... sure it wont be the last.

The brigade will have its own subtle mechanisms to sort this out, and there is (as already mentioned) the VSO to discuss your frustrations with.

In the meantime, dont put yourself in any danger. As a crew do your best to maintain community safety. Part of our job is finding ways around tough situations to achieve a good result.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2008, 11:16:26 AM by Mike »

Offline 029

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 07, 2008, 10:57:33 AM »
yes but no matter what the crew do the captain and R2 block them they have everybody else on side it is total madness

Offline chook

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 07, 2008, 11:14:19 AM »
It has been saisd previously but watch out for "big brother" :wink:
Take it easy
cheers
Ken
just another retard!

Offline OMGWTF

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 08, 2008, 08:21:44 AM »
Ahhh lovely, the wonders of a vollunteer service.... plenty of people i know of that i wouldnt be doing BA with in a pink fit.

Offline 6739264

• Forum Captain
  • RETARD RETARD RETARD Need I say more?
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 08, 2008, 10:29:52 PM »
As I keep saying 16000 volunteers, 8000 active, 1000 (maybe) Competent.
To think they employed me as a drooling retard...

anything