Author Topic: Recruitment Strategies  (Read 36737 times)

Offline 6739264

• Forum Captain
  • RETARD RETARD RETARD Need I say more?
    • View Profile
Re: Recruitment Strategies
« Reply #100 on: August 27, 2008, 02:38:04 PM »
Can i safely say 99.95% of volunteers dont need a Vote :)

Ha ha aha haahaha.

I think you mean 99.95% of Volunteers DESPERATLY need to be voted on...
To think they employed me as a drooling retard...

Offline Zippy

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: August 27, 2008, 02:40:12 PM »
lol numbers...  Im disagreeing with you this time.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2008, 02:42:26 PM by Zippy »

Offline 6739264

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: August 27, 2008, 02:49:50 PM »
You can't tell me that you have seen a higher proportion of people who know what they are doing than those who don't?

Offline Zippy

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: August 27, 2008, 02:54:38 PM »
You can't tell me that you have seen a higher proportion of people who know what they are doing than those who don't?

mmm so so,  it seems to be operational preparedness that might lack in some people...which means not doing things often enough to get it drilled into the mind.  Everyones capable, just the environment around them seems to dictate how much they succeed at being capable.

Thats a very hard question to answer, without offending people.  So ill take the 50/50 Eddie

Offline 6739264

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: August 27, 2008, 03:04:29 PM »
mmm so so,  it seems to be operational preparedness that might lack in some people...which means not doing things often enough to get it drilled into the mind.  Everyones capable, just the environment around them seems to dictate how much they succeed at being capable.

Thats a very hard question to answer, without offending people.  So ill take the 50/50 Eddie

I'm more than happy to offend people. As much as we are a volunteer organisation, we are also an emergency service. There needs to be a level of proficiency that each member maintains in order to function as part of a team. Rather than vote someone in who is not competent, just because we don't want to upset them, we need to look at their effect upon the team and what can happen at an incident.

I understand that there is a fine line between needing people and picking and choosing, but there and numerous examples where people have been voted in/put on courses etc etc when simply enough they should not have been allowed to.

Offline Alan J

• Forum Lieutenant
  • Certified Flamin' Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: August 27, 2008, 11:18:51 PM »
I'm more than happy to offend people. As much as we are a volunteer organisation, we are also an emergency service. There needs to be a level of proficiency that each member maintains in order to function as part of a team. Rather than vote someone in who is not competent, just because we don't want to upset them, we need to look at their effect upon the team and what can happen at an incident.

I understand that there is a fine line between needing people and picking and choosing, but there and numerous examples where people have been voted in/put on courses etc etc when simply enough they should not have been allowed to.

I don't like offending people, but Numbers is right.
Some people just have to be told "No".

cheers
Alan J.
Cherry Gdns CFS

Data isn't information.  Information isn't knowledge. 
Knowledge isn't wisdom.

Offline Katrina

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: August 27, 2008, 11:29:38 PM »
Because if you don't tell them no you can spend an awful long time regretting it as some brigades have found out
Katrina
Wattle Range
(Davi)

Offline Ringer

• Forum Firefighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: August 28, 2008, 12:49:00 AM »
Because if you don't tell them no you can spend an awful long time regretting it as some brigades have found out

As some region 5 brigades have found out and are still trying to deal with the aftermath. As those members are stopping new members joining
Party Brigade.  Filtered the Brass

anything