Author Topic: Royal Adelaide Show - 2008  (Read 13199 times)

Offline bajdas

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Royal Adelaide Show - 2008
« Reply #25 on: September 10, 2008, 09:59:05 AM »
I was a volunteer in the SES Field Command yesterday at the RA&HS show yesterday (Tuesday).

Congratulations to the CFS for being on the 'yellow brick' road tour. But if the SES volunteers received $1 for everytime we were asked yesterday 'I know you are not CFS, but where is the CFS display' we would be rich   :wink:   :-D

The 'yellow brick' road route went past the SES site on its way to the CFS display site.

Oh well, at least SES got a little noticed and people knew we are not the same organisation.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2008, 04:53:40 PM by bajdas »
Andrew Macmichael
lives at Pt Noarlunga South.

My personal opinion only.

Offline KDOO_BTO

• Forum Firefighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 11, 2008, 02:40:19 PM »

Oh well, at least SES got a little noticed and people knew we are not the same organisation.
[/quote]

Unlike SAAS and St John. It was last century that St John gave up the trucks and SAAS started but people still think we are the same.
No ute No circle work

Offline firey666

• Forum Firefighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 11, 2008, 09:20:57 PM »
A simple page to all members across the state would have fixed the notification issue, hell they can page to tell us the mobile phone service is going to be interupted.

As for command vechiles i will back up katrina, some are controlled to the extent that volunteers do not get to use them. But there is a second option that i have used, contact the region office and request a regional vechile, i have been given one in the past or they just apply pressure to the group to provide one.

katrina there is four in your group, two in the penola area and two on the other side.they can't use all four at once.

Offline Katrina

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 11, 2008, 10:42:03 PM »
hmm will try to get my hands on it another time. Actually to be honest it isn't too bad really (just as long as we sit on Freddy Boy, tie him up and drug him should not be an issue) Nah it's usually not a problem for smaller things, actually the vehicle that was assigned to comms is now with one of the deputies as his ute was playing up I quite often take Fred's command vehicle if I go to Millicent or if there is something on, just don't know how things would go if wanted to go to Adelaide, but then again I didn't ask as I didn't know about Adelaide show anyway
But i have seen all four in action at once (i was in one of them at the time) but it was during summer and we were all a bit busy
Katrina
Wattle Range
(Davi)

Offline Robert-Robert34

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 12, 2008, 12:34:35 PM »
hmm will try to get my hands on it another time. Actually to be honest it isn't too bad really (just as long as we sit on Freddy Boy, tie him up and drug him should not be an issue) Nah

Thats going to be really difficult to do Katrina  :lol: why not tie up all the group officers instead that would be soo much better  :lol: :-P
Kalangadoo Brigade

Offline bajdas

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 12, 2008, 05:52:24 PM »
Unlike SAAS and St John. It was last century that St John gave up the trucks and SAAS started but people still think we are the same.

Yes it got a little confusing with St John senior people in green overalls, St John cadets in black uniforms and SAAS in blue overalls.

The public was so use to the green being first aid that they were taking a second look at the other uniforms before responding. Then add the orange of SES in the responder mix to a casualty in the showgrounds & it was very colourful     :-D
Andrew Macmichael

rescue5271

« Reply #31 on: September 14, 2008, 07:39:26 PM »
Well We took the kids to the show and some what disappointed with the CFS stand...Once again it was all about bushfire safety... Where is the image of CFS going if we keep on doing the samething?? We are more than a BUSHFIRE BRIGADE and its time that those that set the stand up have a better look at those that flock to the MFS stand and the police stand... The volunteers that where on the stand did a great job and my hat goes of to the guys and girls...As for the new 34 sitting there looked good but they could have done something about the rust on the pump and the exhaust system that the public where talking about on this a brand new appliance...

OHH well there is always next year....

Offline Firey9119

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 14, 2008, 08:40:41 PM »
on next year -  are the cfs doing a arena display ??
Phillip H
Salisbury CFS (Para Group)
FireFighter
(Firey9119)

Offline Zippy

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 14, 2008, 08:43:24 PM »
they better!

Offline 6739264

• Forum Captain
  • RETARD RETARD RETARD Need I say more?
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 14, 2008, 09:07:23 PM »
I'd prefer the static display, but as mentioned about, it has to be more than "BUSHFIRE BUSHFIRE BUSHFIRE". Hell we could even do an RCR demo and hands on things like that. Get a big 34P down there, but why not a Pumper with full Urban/Rescue stowage.

The arena display is big and flashy, if only we could do both!
To think they employed me as a drooling retard...

Offline bajdas

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 15, 2008, 09:02:16 AM »
One day it could be a combined stand with SES, CFS & MFS at the one location. I understand they do this at Field Days but have not progressed the concept to the RA&HS Adelaide Show yet.
Andrew Macmichael

Offline KDOO_BTO

• Forum Firefighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 15, 2008, 03:31:09 PM »
One day it could be a combined stand with SES, CFS & MFS at the one location. I understand they do this at Field Days but have not progressed the concept to the RA&HS Adelaide Show yet.

Actually the Mount Gambier show has the emergency services tent. CFS, Mets, SAAS, St John, SAPOL and SES are all in there.
No ute No circle work

Offline 6739264

• Forum Captain
  • RETARD RETARD RETARD Need I say more?
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 15, 2008, 03:36:28 PM »

This would be a good idea as we have both the emergency services and the catering in the one area.
To think they employed me as a drooling retard...

Offline Alan (Big Al)

• Forum Captain
  • CRUMPETS
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 15, 2008, 03:45:32 PM »
 :lol:
Lt. Goolwa CFS

Offline Bagyassfirey

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 15, 2008, 04:07:26 PM »
Probably the reason they keep goin down the "bushfire Bushfire Bushfire line is because some of the not so smart resdience in areas of the state still don know what to do in a bushfire emergency!

rescue5271

« Reply #40 on: September 15, 2008, 04:55:42 PM »
Sounds good to me,why can't we have all emergency service's under the one big stand?? mind you my wife was happy at the MFS stand as she got to buy one of the MALE calanders and had it signed by one of the guys.......Time for change and time for us at long last to come under one tent and be more than just a bushfire display....

How about CFS/MEDIA ask for members to be part of a committee??

Offline chook

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 15, 2008, 09:51:11 PM »
Ah Numbers good to see nothing changes. But I like the idea - full time professionals, rural fire fighters & the service that deals with all other emergencies in one area & does your plan include McDonalds as well seeing how you mentioned catering :-D Have a nice day! :wink:
cheers
Ken
just another retard!