Author Topic: Eflare Vs Powerflare  (Read 6337 times)

Offline Mike

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Eflare Vs Powerflare
« on: September 25, 2008, 08:47:51 AM »
Our brigade is looking into purchasing a few of these Powerflares.
I have used the Eflares previously, and am wondering if anyone has any experience with the Powerflares.

How do they perform compared to eflares etc?

Links to both Powerflare and Eflare are below.

http://www.powerflare.com/

http://www.eflarecorp.com/

Cheers

Offline Firefrog

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Eflare Vs Powerflare
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2008, 11:38:45 AM »
I haven't used the power flare, but I like e-flare. E-Flare is an Australian Company! Nice people. Constant research and development.

New Ultra bright Led's being tested. Used in a heap of applications across emergency services.

E-Flare even do a Helicopter landing site kit!!!!

My votes for E-flare.....

Offline OMGWTF

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2008, 11:54:36 AM »
have only used the e-flares, and they are definitely a good product.

But i do like the look of those power flares...

I think the rotating setting would be a much better eye catcher than the e-flares with there standard flashing.. also the recharging dock looks fantastic as well.

What is the price differance?

Offline mattb

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2008, 10:53:50 PM »
We were given a couple of Powerflares to trial, so far they have worked very well. They are extremely bright and the adjustable flash pattern is pretty cool. You can just chuck them out of the appliance if you want to mark a gate or entrance without any fear of damaging them. They also roll for miles if you get bored at MVA's :)

I'm not sure on the price but they work fine for us, I would say a combination of Eflares and the Powerflares would be ideal, if I could only have one I'm not sure - it is 50/50. The Eflares are good because you can clip them on things (road cones, people etc) but the Powerflares are good because I reckon they would be pretty much indestructible, apparently you can drive over them with a truck without any damage.

Probably didn't answer your question but I don't think you would be disappointed with the Powerflares, let us know what the prices are - that might help make a decision.

Offline Mike

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2008, 11:55:27 PM »
~70 something for the powerflare i think. Never got told the price of the eflare.

rescue5271

« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2008, 05:25:28 AM »
I work for the company that is selling the power flares here in SA and I have been able to get a few of these out to brigade's and groups to try and play with in the state.So far the feed back for those brigaes and SES units on main highways is that the powerflares are better as they are able to be seen from a longer distance,they can be run over by a car,truc,tractor and still work.

If your brigade or group is looking at buying these why not give me a call and I can send you one each of the power flare or eflare to play with.....

Offline Zippy

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2008, 10:16:54 AM »
oh god i hate the think about the amount of E-Flares ive seen driven over....Crunnnch...

Offline Cameron Yelland

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2008, 11:35:38 AM »
I work for the company that is selling the power flares here in SA and I have been able to get a few of these out to brigade's and groups to try and play with in the state.So far the feed back for those brigaes and SES units on main highways is that the powerflares are better as they are able to be seen from a longer distance,they can be run over by a car,truc,tractor and still work.

If your brigade or group is looking at buying these why not give me a call and I can send you one each of the power flare or eflare to play with.....

Send us a few....although dont expect me to pay for them or send them back!
Compton CFS Brigade
Captain
(Formally Comp00)

rescue5271

« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2008, 04:24:27 PM »
Well Captain cam you better  ask your group equipment officer to call me if you want to play with them as we should use the chain of command :roll: Or you could just call in one day and take the set that I have.....

anything