Author Topic: CFS Comps  (Read 5949 times)

Offline oz fire

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
CFS Comps
« on: July 29, 2005, 10:45:06 AM »
The CFS Competitions are on in less than a month (28/08/05) at Callington, just east of Adelaide.

Any one going???

Time that Nooriupta, Waikerie and Sailsbury were give some competition  :evil:

Always a good day - even if you don't compete - lots of action, stalls by all the suppliers and good chance to see all the new equipment that CFS has!
Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the ability to control it.

Offline kat

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • Tailem Bend Country Fire Service
Re: CFS Comps
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2005, 12:34:12 PM »
Well that's so close to home we really should participate but it's so hard to find the time for competitions with all of our volunteers work, family and other commitments. We've been trying to have a working bee for a month :-) They would be very beneficial to participate in but I think we've left it too late to get in enough sessions to give Nuri a run for their money. Maybe next year!!!! I'd love to see the cadets there at least.

But I'll be there scouring the stalls for belt buckles :-)
There's a difference between genius and stupidity -- genius has it's limits.

Offline Firey9119

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2005, 04:37:22 PM »
any idea how much time Nooriupta, Waikerie put in to training for the comps??
Phillip H
Salisbury CFS (Para Group)
FireFighter
(Firey9119)

strikeathird

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2005, 05:43:11 PM »
LOL @ the competition trying to find out inside info...   :-P

I don't think it really matters how much time they put in, obviously, if no one is beating them, no one is putting in as much effort....   :lol:

corocfs

« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2005, 08:50:57 AM »
id retract that strikeathird (and i know i can hardly talk, becauise i make some quite controversial comments)... nuriootpa and waikerie are filtered good teams, in the past at coro we have had years when we spent up to 4months ahead of time training, and the best sports we could crack were 3rd's....

mind you in my last year as a cadet my team were cadet champions (the year at hackham) and i got 4 medals... yay!!!

strikeathird

« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2005, 12:26:29 AM »
I was saying they obviously put in a darn good effort, and that is the reason no one is catching them... Hardly controversial...  (See what i was saying about people reading things in different context !   :-o   )

:mrgreen:

corocfs

« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2005, 01:11:50 PM »
aaah i see... well it comes across as the teams trying to beat them arent putting in enough effort.

rescue5271

« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2005, 10:13:47 PM »
Naracoorte cadets and senior team have been training for the past 2 months and are looking good and I would say this would have to be the best senior team we have put in the comps for a number of years. Our teams have been training twice a week...

Offline firefighter_sa

• Forum Senior Firefighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2005, 04:34:37 PM »
Hi there

I would like to see a new section added to the comps.

How about a section for the old restored fire engines (vintage displays).

Some of the older machines & equipment were built by the brigades members and are great conversation pieces - preserve our history and display it proudly.

Thanks

Wayne
Wayne Ellard

rescue5271

« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2005, 07:51:57 PM »
That sounds like a good one,there are a number of old units some where in farm sheds I would say what ever happened to those old units??

rescue5271

« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2005, 09:25:28 AM »
Well the sun is out the bus is booked and where off to the comps,hope to see a few of you there should be a good day lots of sun and things to do and see up in region 3....

best of luck to all the teams who will be the new state champions will it be nuri or will it be a small rural brigade???? :?

strikeathird

« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2005, 03:44:28 PM »
How many people are entering cadet teams, snr teams, or both ?

rescue5271

« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2005, 07:45:17 PM »
this year we have two cadet teams and one snr team and leaving here at 0500hrs,bugger there goes afew beers  tonite...

Offline Mike

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2005, 01:36:30 PM »
Sooo.... how did the comps go this year??

success stories? controversy? good stories to tell?

Offline 24P

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2005, 06:03:34 PM »
is it me or do the comps seem to be getting smaller and smaller every year?(less participants?)
Don't look back. Something might be gaining on you.

Offline TillerMan

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2005, 06:09:12 PM »
I believe next year is at goolwa so that should attract a few more people.

rescue5271

« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2005, 08:37:39 PM »
Well what a day the sun was out it was warm and windy and I took lots of pictures as did ash and pip so they should be on the promo site soon. Yes numbers are getting smaller and after talking to a few people may be we need to introduce some new events like, don a CABA set,tug a truck.and may be a few appliances events taken from the Victorian comps what do people think???

The swanport group and the callington brigade should be praised for a great day and location,there is always room to make things better and so its up to us all to keep it going. I can see room for a judges school  so as more people can be trained in what to do on the day. I can see the need to replace old timming gear that is always failing
I for one would put up my hand to help if a judging school was on offer.

Offline oz fire

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2005, 02:11:50 PM »
It was a great day :-D

Great venue :-D

And I agree - Congratulations to the Swanport Group and Callington Brigade for hosting a fantastic event 8-)

The weather was great, comps were good (mmm timing equipment.....oh that was the problem lol) the displays from suppliers was good and the venue perfect, nice to see them in the country, pity though that it's only 35 mins from Adelaide and we didn't see more people there, more staff to support the vollies and some media - thankfully though millions of digital cameras so I'm sure photos will pop up everwhere.

Thanks to those who competed - it was great spectator sport!
Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the ability to control it.

rescue5271

« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2005, 08:17:51 PM »
edia was there but the only thing I did see was in the paper on Monday??? So may be next year more media attention and a better promotion of the event for the public and may be some new sponership and trade displays would be nice...

anything