Author Topic: Spammers and Registration  (Read 2594 times)

Offline Firefrog

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Spammers and Registration
« on: November 12, 2008, 06:23:33 PM »
We have been flooded with attempts for spammers to join the site and post stupid advertising. We have responded to this by deleting all the offending accounts and changed the registration method. It is no longer possible to self register you must be approved before posting.

I do apologise in advance if you wish to join and it takes a little time to have your account enabled. This is hopefully a temporary situation until these spammers leave us alone.

Thanks

Offline jaff

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Spammers and Registration
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2008, 09:05:45 PM »
I hate it when the Salvos serve it, I hate it when they try to do it to your computer and after a particulary bad RCR yep, SPAM,  though those guys are  brilliant, if only    they could change their acronym.
Just Another Filtered Fireman

Offline Firey9119

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2008, 07:18:13 PM »
thats just gold jeff  :lol: :lol: :-D
Phillip H
Salisbury CFS (Para Group)
FireFighter
(Firey9119)

Offline Firefrog

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2008, 08:24:09 AM »
We have now gone back to member activation.....as a trial for a few days. With some other measures we seem to have stopped the flood of spam memberships. See what happens.

Offline SA Firey

• Forum Group Officer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2008, 09:37:49 AM »
I hate it when the Salvos serve it, I hate it when they try to do it to your computer and after a particulary bad RCR yep, SPAM,  though those guys are  brilliant, if only    they could change their acronym.

Maybe they should change it back to CISD...but that would take the fun out of it :-P
Images are copyright