Author Topic: Bomber response  (Read 3946 times)

uniden

Bomber response
« on: January 12, 2009, 03:50:10 PM »
Is it really necesary for Aerial support to be automatic during mild weather? Particularly in urban areas where there is not a great deal of grass and fire appliances are on the scene fairly quickly.

CFS: *CFSRES: BOMBERS 581 & 584 RESPOND GRASS FIRE, NARACOORTE 358 DEGREES, 85 KMS FROM GMBR AB. INC NO 846

CFS: BOMBER STATUS FOR INFO: BOMBERS 581 & 584 ON GROUND AT GAMBIER AB - NIL ACTION TAKEN > 12/01/2009 1:39:13 PM

CFS: *CFSRES: BOMBERS 580 & 582 RESPOND GRASSFIRE, WOODCROFT, 220 DEGREES, 18 KMS FROM WAB INC NO 846735 > 12/01/2009 12:50:22 PM

CFS: BOMBER STATUS FOR INFO: BOMBERS 580/582 RETURNING WAB - NIL ACTION TAKEN FOR TUNGKILLO AND WOODCROFT INCIDENTS

and wait theres more
CFS: *CFSRES: BOMBERS 580 & 582 RESPOND GRASSFIRE, MOUNT BARKER, 194 DEGREES, 14 KMS FROM (WAB. INC NO 8467

CFS: BOMBER STATUS: BOMBERS 580/582 RETURNING WAB - NIL ACTION TAKEN > 12/01/2009 10:20:59 AM

what does it cost everytime they go up? Aerial support can be requested of course if not initially turned up so dont think I am saying dont have it, just really wonder if it should be auto response to everything.

Offline safireservice

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: Bomber response
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2009, 03:57:37 PM »
Sometimes they are responded to the most minor things, such as
MFS: *CFSRES INC025 12/01/09 10:07,RESPOND GRASS FIRE,CNR ZANKER DR & CURRAWONG WAY,MT BARKER
MAP 172 L 15 TG128,REPORT OF SMOULDERING CAMP FIRE IN RESER,VE, CALLER SAID BEST ACCESS OFF
ZANKER,LTHT42 SAIR55 MBKR19 LTHT00
Were they really necessary at 10am in the morning to that?
Treat everyone as if they are an idiot, until they prove you otherwise.

Offline Zippy

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2009, 04:06:31 PM »
its a matter of just following procedure...

Offline 6739264

• Forum Captain
  • RETARD RETARD RETARD Need I say more?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2009, 04:12:39 PM »
Perhaps the procedure needs to be changed?
To think they employed me as a drooling retard...

misterteddy

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2009, 04:44:00 PM »
I wouldnt have called today exactly mild....either that or my car must have been next to a mirror somewhere, and tungkillo isnt exactly urban parklands

i have no issue with early air support...better to turn it off than not have it if u need it quickly....although having said that even I was pretty surprised at the Mt Barker job, seeing as they knew (or at least suspected it was just a smouldering campfire)

At the end of the day, the air assetts are there, the Commonwealth is paying for most of them....bring them on I reckon. More the merrier....remember it doesnt matter to the public who puts out the big one....lets just make sure someone does

Offline bittenyakka

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2009, 05:11:35 PM »
I believe the contract is for the aircraft to be launched and do 1 drop and then it starts costing more.

Offline jaff

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2009, 10:15:38 PM »
You reckon your complaining.......... at least ours are just dropping fire fighting agent :roll:
Just Another Filtered Fireman

uniden

« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2009, 03:28:04 PM »
I dont have an issue with the Tungkillo one but rather the Mt Barker, Naracoorte and Woodcroft jobs.

Offline Firefrog

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2009, 06:24:39 PM »
Two sides to every coin! Next minute you will post saying you went to a job and there where no bombers blah blah blah......Bombers in the auto dispatch zone will be dispatched automatically and can knock a fire down saving you hours or days.....Be happy the state has this resource! and the state is already paying for the aircraft and crew so why not put them in the air?
Unless things have changed there is no extra cost involved in the first 30 minutes of airborne time. I have said it before I welcome early bombing! Several jobs I recall where the first drop pulled up a growing fire and on another occasion helped us gain access by giving advice from the air. Very useful resource don't knock it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rescue5271

« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2009, 07:03:17 PM »
Sometimes the bomber will get there well before a fire appliance and have dropped a load or two and slowed or stopped the fire,If we dont have bomber response as we do now then whats the point at all of having any??? you can see alot more from the sky than you can on the ground or sitting at home listing to the scanner.

lets keep what we have ,you can always stop call the bomber just like you can a appliance...

Offline SA Firey

• Forum Group Officer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2009, 03:04:33 PM »
Sometimes the bomber will get there well before a fire appliance and have dropped a load or two and slowed or stopped the fire,If we dont have bomber response as we do now then whats the point at all of having any??? you can see alot more from the sky than you can on the ground or sitting at home listing to the scanner.

lets keep what we have ,you can always stop call the bomber just like you can a appliance...

Agree, and many hands make light work, who cares where it comes from be it ground or from the air 8-)
Images are copyright