Author Topic: STOP CALLS  (Read 6792 times)

Offline Firey9119

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
STOP CALLS
« on: January 14, 2009, 08:18:11 PM »
what do poeple think.....

first cfs truck arrived puts a stop on mfs BUT still requires cfs to respond p1.

my ideas only but wouldnt you keeps all appliances coming UNTILL you have Enough appliances ON LOCATION.

the reason i say this

- if the other cfs appliance has a mva  how much of an twat are you goin to look like if you then have to respond mfs to the same call again cos you dont have enough appliances?

my idea only.
Phillip H
Salisbury CFS (Para Group)
FireFighter
(Firey9119)

Offline Pixie

• Forum Senior Firefighter
  • Seaford Lt#2
    • View Profile
Re: STOP CALLS
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2009, 09:16:28 PM »
Hrmm... aren't i lucky i decided to have a look on these forums before i went BACK to bed...

Firey9119, i am guessing you are asking this in response to my incident control efforts at
MFS: *CFSRES: Seaford RESPOND Car Fire, Sauerbiers 195 N9 Seaford Meadows, dirt tr 14/01/2009 9:34:27 PM
??

The reason for making this call is because Seaford 24 was only around 500M behind Seaford Pumper (first arriving appliance)... I am unsure of the exact location of the Christies MFS appliances, but they were still quite some distance away, and S-Pumper + S-24 was more than enough resources handle the job. It was evident on arrival that vehicle was NOT LPG.

For your info, Only used around 1000L of water from S-Pumper, and 100L of water from S-24... Thus even without the 24 there, we would have had ample water.

What would you rather have seen?? a narrow dirt road with 4 fire appliances parked on it, extinguishing a car with 2 HP lines from the first arriving appliance? and the second appliance with 1 HP line laid and ready to use?

Or would you have liked to have seen one of the Christie's appliances held at the boundary in case of further calls?

Now grumpy tired Pixie is going back to bed.
SACFS
Seaford Brigade
Lieutenant 2

**My View only, does not reflect that of the Seaford Brigade or SACFS**

pumprescue

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2009, 09:54:57 PM »
Don't worry Pixie, soon you can stay in bed allllllllll night  :wink:

Offline Zippy

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2009, 09:59:16 PM »
lol..pixie...a good night sleep is a good thing. dont turn to the alcohol ;).

Offline bittenyakka

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2009, 10:47:21 PM »
I think  pixie had it all covered. I also know MFS have done the same to CFS before any appliance was even on scene.

Offline jaff

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2009, 11:27:26 PM »
Firey9119 has a point, yes it was just a vehicle, but it pays to be safe, wait until the second appliance arrives on scene, then if need be stop call other responding appliances & yes I agree none (some :roll:) of us likes an over resourced job!
Just Another Filtered Fireman

Offline Alex

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2009, 06:34:25 AM »
Keep all appliances coming until the situation is under control, then stop for call. ;)

Not really that difficult is it.

Offline mattb

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2009, 09:52:48 AM »
Agree with Alex, technically a stop call is the time that the situation is under control and no further resources are required.

The Incident Controller can however direct resources as he or she wants, so a call to turnback MFS and keep one CFS appliance responding is still entirely appropriate, just wait until the incident is actually out or under control to put back a stop.

rescue5271

« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2009, 05:01:04 PM »
keep them coming till you have enough appliances or crew for the job,you never know what will happen.. Does not matter if its day or night....

Offline SA Firey

• Forum Group Officer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2009, 06:09:35 PM »
The job was in CFS area so the I/C has every right to "Stop Call" other resources which are some distance away, and return MFS to their area so they are available for other "life threatening" emergencies. Being in Seaford's primary response area they also can send 2 appliances.

Besides it was on a dirt track, MFS would'nt take their appliance off road would they :roll: 
Images are copyright

Offline 6739264

• Forum Captain
  • RETARD RETARD RETARD Need I say more?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2009, 06:31:39 PM »
Once you have enough resources on scene, put a downgrade/stop/no further resources required, on other oncoming appliances, then once the incident is complete, place a stop on the call, whilst passing completion SITREP?

Simple?

Any decision to stop oncoming appliances should be made by the OIC based on what is occuring on the ground and the what the incident requires. Not the colour of the truck, or whos group they're coming from.
To think they employed me as a drooling retard...

Offline bajdas

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2009, 11:41:35 AM »
To step in the political scary arena....

... is their enough trust between the services that people will accept the 'stop response' from another service ?

I don't think so.    :oops:

I have heard of acceptance of a stop response being accepted within the same organisation and MFS to SES. But between the others, it sometimes seems to be 'oh well I have received a stop, but I will keep going but maybe slow down'.

Am I wrong in my narrow viewpoint from a small part of SA ?

I hope so
Andrew Macmichael
lives at Pt Noarlunga South.

My personal opinion only.

Offline jaff

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2009, 11:43:37 AM »
Yeh, your wrong!!!!!

misterteddy

« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2009, 11:50:49 AM »
meh...there are CFS Brigades that ignore Stop Calls from other Brigades in their Group....why would u not expect there to be issues across Services

Offline Alex

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2009, 03:24:56 PM »
Yeh, your wrong!!!!!

Are you serious? There may be individual briagdes/members that acknowledge stop calls everytime without question. However, its not always the case. Some services ignore others, some groups ignore other groups, some brigades/units ignore there neighbours...

Offline CFS_Firey

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2009, 03:52:57 PM »
Yeh, your wrong!!!!!

Are you serious? There may be individual briagdes/members that acknowledge stop calls everytime without question. However, its not always the case. Some services ignore others, some groups ignore other groups, some brigades/units ignore there neighbours...

I'm hoping it was sarcasm.

Offline jaff

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2009, 04:00:41 PM »
Yeh, your wrong!!!!!

Maybe I live on another planet, but if we are stop called,crack a U bolt and head home.
In 25 years I could count on one hand the amount of times that a stop call has been overlooked, in incidents in my patch, with all services!

Offline Alex

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2009, 05:19:54 PM »
Yeh, your wrong!!!!!

Maybe I live on another planet, but if we are stop called,crack a U bolt and head home.
In 25 years I could count on one hand the amount of times that a stop call has been overlooked, in incidents in my patch, with all services!

Than i guess your one of these then mate;
"There may be individual brigades/members that acknowledge stop calls everytime without question"

There not all like you mate ;)