Author Topic: SAAS Volunteer Entitlements  (Read 2972 times)

misterteddy

SAAS Volunteer Entitlements
« on: March 19, 2009, 07:32:57 AM »
Any of you lurking SAAS Vol types used the entitlement for reimbursement of lost wages if you are self employed at all?

Having a minor (?) conflagration with an RTL about interpretation....be interested in how its administered in your neck of the woods

Offline jaff

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
Re: SAAS Volunteer Entitlements
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2009, 09:07:25 AM »
Any of you lurking SAAS Vol types used the entitlement for reimbursement of lost wages if you are self employed at all?

Having a minor (?) conflagration with an RTL about interpretation....be interested in how its administered in your neck of the woods

What are the parameters behind the entitlements:

Does it apply to public events and if so are they in turn charged for services?
Does it only apply if youre responded out on a callout?
Does it cover your travel time?
Is there a set fee ie minimum?
Is there a maximum fee?
Is there a maximum amount per hour applicable?
Is there a minimum training requirement before a vollie is able to claim lost wages?
What accounting requirements does it require as proof of lost wages?
What?, What?, What?, What?, has the canno worms been opened? :|
Just Another Filtered Fireman

misterteddy

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2009, 10:31:26 PM »
jaff

I've said before that the volunteers in SAAS get a great deal in terms of being reimbursed out of pocket expenses when on roster or responding when compared to other Volunteer services

I'll try and get entire document (all 30 odd pages of it) as and and post it so all the options for the various reimbursements can be viewed. It would be quite hard to answer ur questions without that as context.....hopefully i can grab it soon

misterteddy

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2009, 10:45:44 PM »
here it is as a txt file....the pdf was too large to upload and wouldnt let me compress it (or was beyond my limited IT skills)

anything