Author Topic: KID'S and NON members on fire trucks  (Read 2521 times)

rescue5271

KID'S and NON members on fire trucks
« on: May 03, 2009, 07:32:06 AM »
Well at long last CFS have now said that it is up to each GROUP not the regional office to make up their mind if Kid's and NON members are allowed on fire trucks and if a group allows them onto a fire truck there is no come back on CFS if something happens. So what does that mean,well for me and other members in my brigade and group we can now take our children on our weekly 30km run as long as they have seatbelts on,it will mean that we can now take part in local community parade's but can do so with our family's on the appliance. In the past CFS at regional level has not been fully supporting this but at long last and after what took place down here last year it is great to see that someone has had a change of heart.

I know some of you wont be happy about this but look at it this way in country SA family's and our kids are the  future Volunteers and if we can get them to do things as simple as going with mum and dad for the weekly 30km run then that is a start...We dont have new members lining up at our doors wanting to join and so this is a great win for all....

misterteddy

Re: KID'S and NON members on fire trucks
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2009, 02:40:42 PM »
welcome back to what the rest of the CFS never stopped doing

rescue5271

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2009, 05:36:27 PM »
My brigade has also never stopped doing it.....

Offline 6739264

• Forum Captain
  • RETARD RETARD RETARD Need I say more?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2009, 06:46:07 PM »
I love learning that certain issues existed only after they have been officially "solved"...
To think they employed me as a drooling retard...

Offline bittenyakka

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2009, 08:51:18 PM »
I don't have much of a problem with this and think it is a good way to get community involvement etc. however if your brigade is putting kids on seats then is the appliance "off line" etc?

rescue5271

« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2009, 07:23:56 AM »
Little hard to put a one appliance station offline,if we have kids on the appliance and we get paged for a job we return to station under normal road conditions and by the time I/ we get back we have a crew ready to roll.My two boys come out each sunday with me to do the radio checks and take the truck on its 30km run and they are in seatbelts.

Offline Bagyassfirey

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2009, 09:14:11 AM »
dare we bring up the "common sense" Bill...Gr8 work everything u stated here happens in hundreds of brigades around the state and has for years. I used to go with my dad when i was younger.

anything