Author Topic: Sunday Mail  (Read 62027 times)

Offline Fox Mulder

• Forum Firefighter
    • View Profile
Re: Sunday Mail
« Reply #75 on: May 31, 2009, 01:47:45 PM »
As for air bags the Naracoorte brigade had to replace their two air bags  some 2 years ago  as they where bought by the community the brigade had to pay half the cost of replacing them and region paid the rest.

Bill as per usual your information is wrong please get your story full of facts and not full of crap
THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE

rescue5271

« Reply #76 on: May 31, 2009, 02:24:36 PM »
Sorry FOX my information is correct...... if you think its wrong may be you should contact DGO 1.....

Darren

« Reply #77 on: May 31, 2009, 05:25:31 PM »
Fox must work for the CFS, hahahaha

So why can't Mt Barker get theirs replaced, being on a major freight corridor and with a massive rural area to look after....sigh

Offline CFS_Firey

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 31, 2009, 06:09:36 PM »

So why can't Mt Barker get theirs replaced, being on a major freight corridor and with a massive rural area to look after....sigh

Air bags aren't standard stowage, and anything thats isn't standard stowage obviously isn't required...

Darren

« Reply #79 on: May 31, 2009, 06:40:33 PM »
Obviously !! haha

Offline Zippy

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: May 31, 2009, 06:42:57 PM »
sooo whats the politically correct term for "Providing a service better than School C Grade"

rescue5271

« Reply #81 on: May 31, 2009, 07:49:42 PM »
If its not standard gear then why teach it on courses??? In the nine years i was with Naracoorte we used the AIR BAG'S twice and both times they did the job the had to do and saved a life...If we are to provide a full service in CFS then we need to have the correct gear to do the job, I wish MT barker all the best in trying to get their gear replaced and they should as they have a very busy freeway that has high truck traffic and that is where the air bags will come in good use......

Offline Fox Mulder

• Forum Firefighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 31, 2009, 08:02:40 PM »
Sorry FOX my information is correct...... if you think its wrong may be you should contact DGO 1.....

well im telling you that you are wrong

i dont work for the office but i do know what im talking about.

i have many friends in the brigade and have close contact with several of them and i have it from the officers that naracoorte did not pay for them. i suggest a call to the captain would prob sort it all out for you
THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE

Offline JC

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 31, 2009, 08:38:34 PM »
I think you guys should either sort it out via pm's, punch on's or a love in, your choice.  :-)

Getting back to the tight filtered CFS. Its disgraceful that they are not funding these crucial pieces of equipment. Instead they will make brigades fundraise / get community funding to pay for these items if they want them replaced. Talk about double dipping from the tax payers. ESL what a joke, almost as big of a joke as ES VOLUNTEERS paying the ESL.

« Last Edit: May 31, 2009, 08:43:23 PM by JC »
Roxby Downs CFS
Lt 2
BHP ESO

Offline Baxter

• Forum Senior Firefighter
  • ho ho ho its fire fighting time
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 31, 2009, 09:20:44 PM »
I heard this at a community event that a brigade which leases it building could be closed as the CFS does have the money to either lease a building or construct one. Is the new CFS motto safety first only if it financial viable  :-o
keep it simple for sanity skes please

Darren

« Reply #85 on: May 31, 2009, 10:26:50 PM »
Was it a local brigade to you ?

I don't know to many leased CFS stations, you would hope if they are a required brigade then this is crazy. I am sure CFS aren't that silly to close a brigade just becasue they can't afford the building.

Offline SA Firey

• Forum Group Officer
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 01, 2009, 09:33:10 AM »

Air bags aren't standard stowage, and anything thats isn't standard stowage obviously isn't required...

Not standard stowage is the constant rhetoric a former RC use to say to justify why you could'nt have it on the appliance.If CFS did an audit on what is carried on some appliances they would get a rude shock, but why brigades cant have equipment on the appliance to suit their response area and terrain, to fulfill their "Duty of Care" to the community is a joke. 
Images are copyright

Offline jaff

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 01, 2009, 09:58:34 AM »

Not standard stowage is the constant rhetoric a former RC use to say to justify why you could'nt have it on the appliance.If CFS did an audit on what is carried on some appliances they would get a rude shock, but why brigades cant have equipment on the appliance to suit their response area and terrain, to fulfill their "Duty of Care" to the community is a joke. 

Have you done anything about it? its all pretty easy to have a whine, but very few truly rattle the cage and push for change!
Just Another Filtered Fireman

Offline SA Firey

• Forum Group Officer
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: June 01, 2009, 10:27:07 AM »

Have you done anything about it? its all pretty easy to have a whine, but very few truly rattle the cage and push for change!

This is the whingers website isnt it  :-P

New RC problem solvered :-D
Images are copyright

Offline CFS_Firey

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: June 01, 2009, 12:01:06 PM »

Offline firegun

• Forum Firefighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: June 01, 2009, 02:10:41 PM »
Posted on: May 31, 2009, 10:20:44 PMPosted by: malleefire  
I heard this at a community event that a brigade which leases it building could be closed as the CFS does have the money to either lease a building or construct one. Is the new CFS motto safety first only if it financial viable

I find it hard to believe they would do this unless there were other circumstances that haven't been put out in the public domain.

In the group i am in we have had several leased buildings that the owners over the past years have expressed their views on "doing other things" with the buildings.
In All cases the CFS has relocated the brigades.
(this is also one of the factors that lead to brigades "jumping the Que" in regard to replacement stations) Much to the ire of other brigades who are waiting for replacement stations.
We still have at least 2 buildings currently being leased that i am aware of, one has a pepper corn lease amount and the other, well, lets say you have a whole condiment range of lease amount.

Offline PJ

• Forum Firefighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: June 01, 2009, 03:23:39 PM »
Now is the time to become Militant and start voicing your displeasure @ how we are being mistreated & used by the Government.Election time is getting closer haven't you all noticed the Wanky anouncements that have been happening of late. eg. Fire officers for DEH, GRN bossts all a bit sus :wink:

If people don't ark up now and demand a better service, equipment replacements & a rise to a maximum SFEC instead of the minimum SFEC. The DEP CF always quotes the minimum give us a break & give a margin to work to . who is to blame!

I hear of a protest drive to Parliment steps is in the planning stages to embarass  :oops:the Government by CFS Vollies is very close :x
« Last Edit: June 01, 2009, 03:27:37 PM by PJ »
The biggest mistake you can make is doing it wrong AGAIN!

Offline CFS_Firey

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: June 01, 2009, 03:33:03 PM »
Now is the time to become Militant and start voicing your displeasure @ how we are being mistreated & used by the Government.

Exactly - the more people to voice their concern, the more the government will feel the need to listen.

How about everyone sends a letter to their local member explaining how lack of funding is affecting their local brigade, (in equipment, training and volunteer retention).

A list of members and their contact details can be found here:

http://www.parliament.sa.gov.au/Members/List+of+All+Members.htm

Offline 6739264

• Forum Captain
  • RETARD RETARD RETARD Need I say more?
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: June 01, 2009, 03:45:08 PM »
Just very quickly, I find it interesting that in light of this article appearing to be very brigade/group specific, the response from some people has been "Well, my brigade is fine, thus there is hardly an issue".

This is part of the problem. We are all part of the larger organisation and we ALL need to push to fix this for EVERYONE. All these people here claiming that YES! There are problems, are any of you actually doing anything about it? Are any of you writing letters? Any of you doing anything beyond whinging and making threats like "We're going to drive down to parliament!"

Come on. It's time to band together and get this state wide problem fixed. Yes, Stirling may not need, nor be able to crew 5 trucks, and it harks back to the days of council funding and empire building, but there are still massive issues in terms of the age/work ratio of 4/5 of those trucks. Barker has huge Rescue risks, should they and all other Rescue brigades have airbags regardless of how often they may actually get used? YES! Time to put aside the snarky Brigade/Group rivalries and stand together no matter what you think of certain individual brigades.

Comrades, lets DO something to fix this problem!
To think they employed me as a drooling retard...

rescue5271

« Reply #94 on: June 01, 2009, 03:56:22 PM »
I have to agree with numbers,May be its time for more Volunteer input into what we would like on appliances so that we provide a better service to our community does anyone know when the last time the STOWAGE gear list was updated for all of the CFS fleet??.

Offline jaff

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: June 01, 2009, 05:59:07 PM »

Comrades, lets DO something to fix this problem!

DAA! DAA! Let the glorious revolution begin..........now we just need to pick a kick off date that suits everyone, I'am busy Mondays, Tuesdays and Fridays :-D
Just Another Filtered Fireman

Offline SA Firey

• Forum Group Officer
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: June 01, 2009, 06:58:08 PM »
Once again our illustrious voice of the CFSVA no where to be heard, but I suppose its hard to bite the hand that feeds you :-P

Numbers agree with what you say, but without real numbers to bring this deficiency in the SFEC to a head we will continue to suffer as a result.

The surface has only been scratched.....just :roll:
Images are copyright

Offline Zippy

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: June 01, 2009, 07:16:02 PM »
This is part of the problem. We are all part of the larger organisation and we ALL need to push to fix this for EVERYONE. Come on. It's time to band together and get this state wide problem fixed.   Comrades, lets DO something to fix this problem!

Right, do you want to lead the way?  What should we call this Union.

rescue5271

« Reply #98 on: June 01, 2009, 07:52:48 PM »
So do you think there will be a drive to the HOUSE and hand in the keys by some brigade's or group's????

Offline Hazmat206

• Forum Lieutenant
  • Adelaide 206 respond to reduced Hazmat...
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: June 01, 2009, 09:32:45 PM »
I can't remember the figure but the government is going to allocate more funds in the budget in light of the vic bushfires, for equipment,training and appliances
206 to Adelaide fire,Incident #59,situation found 440, action taken 41,K45, over