Author Topic: Response types  (Read 2818 times)

Offline Mike

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Response types
« on: September 14, 2009, 09:50:58 AM »
In recent times Ive noticed paging (similar to the one below) where crews have been responded to a tree down rather than an MVA.

Now, I acknowledge that ALL the information is contained in this message, as it has been in the others, and as such is not worthy of complaint. But I'm just wondering how its decided to respond as a tree down rather than MVA.

Its just that the pedantic part of me considers the MVA to be the more critical aspect...

MFS: *CFSRES INC043 13/09/09 12:37,RESPOND Tree Down,ASHBOURNE ,ASHBOURNE MAP 0 0 0 TG142,P1 TREE DOWN ON MOTORCYCLIST AND PASSENG,ER CORNER ASHBOURNE AND SUNNYDALE RD,STR029 ASHB00 MCMP19 STBN00

Thoughts??

Offline bittenyakka

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Response types
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2009, 10:15:17 AM »
I sort of agree

My main problem is that the first few words on the pager often mean more than the rest. and then set the tone for the job. so if you read tree down not MVA you thin diffrently

Offline BundyBear

• Forum Senior Firefighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2009, 01:47:29 AM »
Fair call tree down to me usually means the issue is the tree not the motorcyclist of vehicle caught under it. Just goes to show you gotta read the whole damn message!
 :-o

Offline Alex

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2009, 02:27:44 PM »
Dunno Mike, I guess it re-affirms to everyone you need to read the whole msg and not just respond on the tones like some do, then have no idea...

Personally i would rather see that pagded as an MVA with 'tree down' in the details, but at least all the appropriate services went, one for fire, one for rescue, and local ses for the tree [which coincidentally would have been local RCR anyway].

Offline Mike

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2009, 03:10:14 PM »
Dunno Mike, I guess it re-affirms to everyone you need to read the whole msg and not just respond on the tones like some do, then have no idea...

Totally agree, how often do people get caught out!

Just to re-affirm, I dont have any problems with this response (or the others ive seen like this)... its just a matter of interest :)