Author Topic: Mega town at Concordia  (Read 3521 times)

Darren

Mega town at Concordia
« on: October 18, 2009, 01:00:22 AM »
I see the government has announced that Concordia will be the new mega town. Starting from scratch because as it stands there is nothing at Concordia.
Now from our point of view, are the planning emergency services from scratch as well. They state that they are expecting at least 46,000 people plus all the things that go along with that.

So one has to ask, with the plans they have in place should they be saying from word go, we are going to have a fulltime fire service here to cope with the people so lets get to it. Rather than trying to make the CFS do it. Either that or upgrade Gawler to a 2 pump station as that is spitting distance away.

Thoughts ?

Offline David

• Forum Senior Firefighter
  • David
    • View Profile
Re: Mega town at Concordia
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2009, 07:25:24 AM »
I think there will definately be the need for an additional station plus 2 units at the current Gawler station.  This plan goes side by side with a development that Delfin have for the north east of Gawler, from the Gawler - One Tree Hill Rd across to Kalbeeba. 
Alternatively I'm sure Concordia wouldn't say no to a pumper :-D (they may need a bigger station thou), with all the people moving in recuiting shouldn't be a hassle either.
Williamstown
SFF 1
Log off
(formally 38)

Offline crashndash

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2009, 07:36:37 AM »
I see the government has announced that Concordia will be the new mega town. Starting from scratch because as it stands there is nothing at Concordia.
Now from our point of view, are the planning emergency services from scratch as well. They state that they are expecting at least 46,000 people plus all the things that go along with that.

So one has to ask, with the plans they have in place should they be saying from word go, we are going to have a fulltime fire service here to cope with the people so lets get to it. Rather than trying to make the CFS do it. Either that or upgrade Gawler to a 2 pump station as that is spitting distance away.

Thoughts ?

lol...it's a 40 year plan...lol...let's not get too carried away just yet. Anyone remember the Monarto of the 70's?...or even the Multi-Function Polis of the 90's? When they start selling house blocks....then it might warrant some additional attention

Offline Zippy

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2009, 08:52:34 AM »
This decade is filtered filtered filtered filtered filled with people with grand 10,20,30,40 year plans, bla bla bla.....Hello the future is now.

20 year plan = well i thought id come up with a plan, to justify my job, but i dont feel like producing any result now.

Concordia: Stupid Idea.   Id rather see the Hill's flattened out instead of concordia happening.

Take a look at Adelaide Airport,  they should put that somewhere similar to Tullamarine airport as is to Melbourne CBD.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2009, 08:56:16 AM by Zippy »

Offline Baxter

• Forum Senior Firefighter
  • ho ho ho its fire fighting time
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2009, 09:46:19 AM »
I have a dream that in 20 years time, no 40 years time that the town that I live in will once again be buzzing with industry, of being the next silicon valley and alternative energy centre for the state. Unfortunately I then woke up.

the scientific equation for government development is developments = dreamers + election nearing.

I to have a memory to crashndash yes I remember monarto and the MFP. I also reading in the local rag how BHP want to build a canal all the way from Pt Augusta to Roxby to get rid of the yellow cake what a dream and as dreams come they go just as silently. No it is more than just selling the blocks of land it is when they first turn soil to build the new town you begin planning
keep it simple for sanity skes please

Offline bittenyakka

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2009, 07:56:29 PM »

Take a look at Adelaide Airport,  they should put that somewhere similar to Tullamarine airport as is to Melbourne CBD.

What's that got to do with anything? and Adelaide airport is nice and close to the CBD way better than Tully.