Author Topic: In the line of Duty  (Read 3285 times)

Offline oz fire

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
In the line of Duty
« on: September 02, 2005, 10:51:57 AM »
This really makes you wonder ........... why??????

An article from Melbournes Sun Herald yesterday

Van guard drew gun on fireman
Holly Lloyd-McDonald
01sep05

A FIREMAN who confronted an armoured van crew because he was cut off and then almost run down was stunned to find himself looking down the barrel of a gun.
The armoured vehicle allegedly cut across a fire truck on High St, Northcote, on Monday.
Slamming on the brakes, the fire truck driver blasted his horn in protest as the armoured vehicle stopped in a service lane.
The fire crew, on general duties, say they received a barrage of abuse from the van driver and a male guard sitting in the passenger seat.
Minutes later, the MFB crew arrived at their Clifton Hill training centre and the 15-year veteran who was driving the truck got out to cross the road.
He says his life flashed before his eyes as the armoured vehicle allegedly drove straight at him.
MFB director of operations Tony Murphy said he was a little disappointed at the guards' "ridiculous" conduct.
"Our member noticed the vehicle driving straight at him in a menacing fashion," he said.
"So much so he had to jump back on to the truck's step."
The fireman watched as the armoured vehicle stopped at traffic lights nearby and he decided to approach the Brinks van.
"He got up there, took down their licence plate and said he was unhappy with their conduct," Mr Murphy said.
"That's when one of the men showed him a gun and then he pointed the gun right at him."
Mr Murphy said the member had been deeply affected by the threatening confrontation but was happy with how the situation had been dealt with.
Police said they were investigating the incident.
Brinks Australia had no comment for the Herald Sun yesterday.

The things people confront in the line of duty ..... thankfully they were not priority one!
Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the ability to control it.

Offline CFS_Firey

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: In the line of Duty
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2005, 07:38:57 PM »
And that was in Australia!
Imagine being in New Orleans now where gangs are allegedly firing pot shots and rescue workers :|

rescue5271

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2005, 08:55:17 AM »
MMMMMMMMMM, hope the driver get's fired from his job,but that is melbourne and who says where are safe in BRT????

Offline backburn

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2005, 12:29:20 PM »
:x
MMMMM That sounds much like when I had my foot ran over because I would not let a car go past a truck roll over and had fuel leaking. They got mad and drove there car straight at me. I was quick enough the first time but a bit slow the second attempt. They where charged and lost there license.

Offline CFS_Firey

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2005, 05:53:59 PM »
:x
MMMMM That sounds much like when I had my foot ran over because I would not let a car go past a truck roll over and had fuel leaking. They got mad and drove there car straight at me. I was quick enough the first time but a bit slow the second attempt. They where charged and lost there license.

Thats unbelievable! :( I'm glad they lost their licence, behavior like that shouldn't be tolerated...

strikeathird

« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2005, 11:24:48 PM »
MMMMMMMMMM, hope the driver get's fired from his job,but that is melbourne and who says where are safe in BRT????

The a**h*** should be locked up !!  Not just fired, but Locked up !

Offline pete

• Forum Senior Firefighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2006, 11:28:02 PM »
the risks we take

anything