Author Topic: New Orleans Disaster  (Read 2303 times)

Offline CFS_Firey

• Administrator
    • View Profile
New Orleans Disaster
« on: September 02, 2005, 08:24:52 PM »
Just want to say that my (our?) thoughts go out to the Rescue workers in New Orleans Where it seems they are having a very tough time.
At the same time, do people think Adelaide would be able to handle something like this? The media hasn't really said much about how the rescue effort is being coordinated etc, so its hard to tell if its all turned to sh*t or the scale is just too massive to be effective... :|

Offline 24P

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: New Orleans Disaster
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2005, 09:06:57 PM »
may be just to large to co-ordinate effectivly. heard also temp was 39 degrees, must be extremely difficult conditions
Don't look back. Something might be gaining on you.

rescue5271

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2005, 09:00:27 AM »
A very sad time for those in the states,Not only are they dealing with the flood mess but fires that have stared and now the people are turning on each other what can we say words can not describe what they are all going throu. And would we be able to deal with it here??? well who knows its up to the big man up stairs I think we would do our best just like we do at anyother job.......

strikeathird

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2005, 11:21:34 PM »
First - Things like that 'HIGHLIGHT' the fact that it is good citizens over here cannot buy Guns.  Cause in disaster times, it seems they are used on those that help people.

Second - I don't think many cities / states / countries in the world could really 'effectively' handle a situation like that.  It's absoloutly horrendous.

Third - It crossed my mind whether I could organise a small team to go over and assist in the aid effort, untill I saw Firefighters and rescue workers being shot at by vigilanties !

My heart goes out to all those affected by the disaster !